Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: DR_Quirks
  • Intended Gamemode: (Survival or Classic) Adventure
  • Creator(s): Just me
  • Size: 84x28, not much lava flow
  • Biome: Superflat
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Use default texture pack!) : All the timers are consolidated. The timer has a lag detector that shuts it off when it is too laggy. Also, no redstone starts until the first timer starts, and that can be moved to separate from map load lag.

There's three sections. The first is one where players can't jump. The second is one that is done blind. The third is a maze.

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Kuilin I was checking your map a couple of days ago and I think it's a really neat map but kinda needs work on certain parts. I think the nojump area is a bit tedious since it's too easy to fall of the certain objects and kinda not fun finding out what block to go on next. however the random gen maze is actually a really nice design, every time I got a new copy of the map, it would always randomize (I had to test to see if it really was ;)! ) and it defo has replay value.

There are two things that should be improved upon though, the overall look of the map and the ending.

The map looks very basic and very dull since some parts just have basically a wall of lava (which also needs to be walled off completely) and the ending really doesn't feel like a ending, it's just a grass platform with no effort and I can understand if you're trying to push the map for it's command blocks but I think the map relies on that too heavily and you do have to give some maps some detail love!

Overall my decision is +0

• Thank You
Reactions: kuilin

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I had a look at this map in-game and I'll just say that I don't like it. The concept and general idea behind each level is fantastic-- Especially the randomized maze is awesome. You've got the right idea, but in my eyes, the wrong execution.

In comparison to Buta's deathruns-- His maps are very aesthetically pleasing. However, this doesn't mean that gameplay suffers: He finds a balance between having a map look fantastic and having it be challenging yet fun. Your map, in comparison, fails in a few essential aspects:

- It's ugly. It feels barebones, 100% focused on gameplay and 0% on looks. Of course, the map is playable, but looks are important. An ugly map is an ugly map and no one likes those. It's too busy at times.
- The gameplay itself is eh. It feels more tedious and grindy than an actual challenge. It's not really that fun compared to other Deathrun maps. Some parts are too hard, others too confusing.

In short, I'm going with a -1. As much as I believe that you've got the right idea, I find the execution lacking in many parts and think the map could definitely use a lot of improving.

• Thank You
Reactions: kuilin

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
The concept is really good. The random maze is genius. However I am worried about the confusion and sheer difficulty of this map. Plus I am not sure how I feel about having little to no ascetics.

I am going to go with a 0 leaning to a -1