Death Run Time needs to equal Lava Survival Time

Do you like this suggestion?

• Total voters

storm886

Reaction score
I've been going on the lava server a lot recently and heard that there is a 50/50 chance of a death run or a lava survival. Well that's great, I guess. But Lava Survivals last 15-40 minutes and death runs usually only last 5-10 minutes. So, the majority of the time is spent doing lava survival. And I know you're going to say that some people don't like death runs and it gets boring after awhile. But hey, did it ever occur to you that there is a huge demand for death runs? And that people practically sit through hours of lava survival for one death run? Think of the people who come just for death runs. If not, please pay attention. My suggestion is to make the amount of time spent doing Lava Survivals and the amount of time spent doing Death Runs equal.

EDIT: No I don't want to change the round times for lava or death run. I want the total amount of time spent doing death run to equal the total amount of time spent doing lava survival.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Hm, well in this thread here:

http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/denied-death-run-hour.6413/

WinX64 said:
There's is a 20% chance for a DR round every round end, i could change it to 50%
(Not sure if the percentage of the chance that DR rounds occur changed, so I'm going to assume it's still 20%)

Although, I'm still neutral on the idea to split half and half between lava and DR rounds. Sure more people would prefer DR rounds over lava rounds, and the idea of having more DR rounds frequent sounds valid to many people who play on lava, but keep in mind, that it could ruin the original flow of what the server was mainly about: Lava Survival Rounds. I wouldn't mind a bump up in the chance of a DR round appearing, but I'm not too sure about 50%. 30-35% sounds more reasonable in my opinion.

storm886

Reaction score
Yes, I have to agree with you Ronaldo. The name of the server is "Lava Survival", so it would seem fit that what you mainly do is lava survival. I guess the Death Runs were just put in there as a "bonus" for a break in between rounds because of its fail on its own server. And now that you tell me that it is only a 20% chance of a DR, it makes much for sense why I practically have to wait 5 rounds to see one. This new information basically scraps my idea above. But, I think there is a greater demand now for DR's and an increase in the chance of a DR should be made as you have said. I have to agree, 50% is too much. Those of us who are good at DR's would get an easy cookie increase. So my new suggestion is as follows: 35% chance of a DR. Tell me what you think!

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
35% is much more fair-er.
Because, not everyone like extreme parkour.
We also need more maps to have more variety instead of the same maps 3535 times in a row.

But considering there are an alarming amount of maps being made...
Why not?

• Agree
Reactions: Notme

paceboys

Reaction score
I Have no idea about the round times and such, as i dont play on lava
But it the death run round occurrence were to be made so they would appear more, that would be what brings me to lava. I dont play there, because personally, i dont like sitting in a house i made for half an hour, talking to people i dont really know. but with more death run, i would come.
Just my opinion on things, im probably wrong, and remember, i dont play on lava.

storm886

Reaction score
I Have no idea about the round times and such, as i dont play on lava
But it the death run round occurrence were to be made so they would appear more, that would be what brings me to lava. I dont play there, because personally, i dont like sitting in a house i made for half an hour, talking to people i dont really know. but with more death run, i would come.
Just my opinion on things, im probably wrong, and remember, i dont play on lava.
Paceboys has a point. Whenever I come to minecraft, Zombie is full and Lava is half full (Not all the time but a lot). I am originally from the zombie server and have been playing there since October 2011. I've decided to try out the other two classic servers in the past few months. I was surprised to find little to none from the zombie server on lava, only maybe two people. Recently I went to the zombie server and was telling them that I was playing lava a lot more, and that I just wish that there were more death runs. A lot of the people on the server agreed and said that they would play lava more if there were more death runs, just as paceboys has said. So I posted this thread, in hopes of gettting more DR's. My point is that you could draw in people from TNT and Zombie because of that competitive feeling that death runs give. Please consider this.

• Agree
Reactions: paceboys

paceboys

Reaction score
Paceboys has a point. Whenever I come to minecraft, Zombie is full and Lava is half full (Not all the time but a lot). I am originally from the zombie server and have been playing there since October 2011. I've decided to try out the other two classic servers in the past few months. I was surprised to find little to none from the zombie server on lava, only maybe two people. Recently I went to the zombie server and was telling them that I was playing lava a lot more, and that I just wish that there were more death runs. A lot of the people on the server agreed and said that they would play lava more if there were more death runs, just as paceboys has said. So I posted this thread, in hopes of gettting more DR's. My point is that you could draw in people from TNT and Zombie because of that competitive feeling that death runs give. Please consider this.
I come to believe that this is since we have been playing on zombie for so long, (march 2011) We are used to running jumping parkour stuff. and thats what we know, and love. plus, zombie is action packed, while lava is more build and sit. Its just what we are used to, but it would bring a whole lot more zombies to the yard, ya know what im sayin

• Agree
Reactions: storm886

FoxMccloud64

Reaction score
Yes I agree. Maybe I will make some. I might be able to get some of the zombie players to make some too.
More DR maps are always appreciated. Just make sure you use whips or a cattle prod when you make the players build them. It makes the lava god happy to know his underlings are in pain.
i am making a map for dr in scott server, take a look at it, the name is dr_ice_challenge but is not finished yet