Historian
Donor
Reaction score
Website
omaranddavid.weebly.com
In-game username: davidjl123
Staff references (Controller+): N/A
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past):
JtE Trusted | 06/14/2013 -- 10/27/2013 | (4 months, 13 days)
Zombie Trusted | 07/08/2011 -- 02/11/2012 | (7 months, 3 days)
Build Advanced Builder | 08/16/2010 -- 09/05/2010 | (20 days)
Build Advanced Builder | 10/29/2010 -- 11/19/2010 | (21 days)
Build Operator | 11/19/2010 -- 01/01/2011 | (1 month, 13 days)
SMP Trusted | 09/03/2010 -- 11/19/2010 | (2 months, 16 days)
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: I like to think that staff ranks are part of a "staff ladder". As I've said before, trusted is the bottom, but very crucial rank in the ladder. As you go up the ladder, you hit Operator, then Veteran Operator (VetOp), then Controller, and finally at the very top, Director. I understand the responsibilities of this rank, and how difficult it is going to be. It is much more than just taking care of players and kicking/banning people. By holding this rank, you are representing Blocktopia. If you do something very wrong (misconduct), you will begin to poorly represent the community. Nobody wants that! Therefore, I am going to be daring and try to take on this rank as best as I can.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: Because I am a unique Blocktopia player. I have staffed Blocktopia countless times in the past, and have much experience from staffing JtE, SMP, Build, and Zombie. I am serious when I need to be, and I also like to have fun with my fellow Blocktopia friends. I use humor a lot to lighten up the mood of some. I have contributed a lot to Blocktopia, not just in the servers too! On the forums, I have contributed many projects, some with Mikey, including the timeline, the join dates thread, and the story of the community! I am also very interested in the history of Blocktopia as well. I am going to represent Blocktopia to the best of my ability, and I hope that I do well in my job.
If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: First, I will check the server itself to see if they are any higher-ups online. If there are none to begin with, I would check IRC, because I am almost always on IRC every day. I would then ping one of the higher-ups needed and get them on the server to help deal with the problem. Doing this is easy, but yet very effective for when you are in a situation like this.
How experienced are you with the current commands on the server, and would you be able to grasp many new commands quickly?: This does not apply to Dusk of Discordia, because it has not been released yet. But on Journey to Elysium, I have been very experienced with the commands. When I was promoted to trusted there, I mastered the commands very quickly.
What’s the best thing you have ever read?: He works for GarageGames and actually plays the game pretty well. In Marble Blast Gold for the XBOX he is ranked in the top 5, and in Marble Blast Ultra he doesnt play Single Player, but he is very good at Multiplayer. In fact GarageGames gave out T-Shirts one night to anyone that could defeat Nardo Polo in Multiplayer.
But seriously though, I can't really say. I am not the kind of person that picks favorites, heh. In fact, I like any book, poem, or anything that interests me. Books and poems are vivid to me.
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: I had very vivid and great experiences in my time in Journey to Elysium. In the early days of the server I joined a clan called Knights of Bloodstone. After the leader failed to manage it after the town application was posted, it fell apart. But failure was not the end there. When I was visiting many settlements, I stumbled upon one that really stood out to me. That settlement was Sancti Crustulam. Biblius was very welcoming to me. In the next couple of weeks we dodged many obstacles (including a band of griefers) and eventually gained town status. I helped Biblius extensively, bringing us to a city empire with 232 people strong! I began to climb up, starting with Aristocrat, and then venturing on to Staff. Without Biblius though, I would not have been the JtE player I am. And here I am now, typing this application up. I have high hopes that I will be an addition to the DoD staff team!
-davidjl123

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Hello davidjl123,

After some discussion, we've decided to deny your VetOp application. Unfortunately we don't think you're ready to handle such responsibilities of a VetOp and would like to see you play more on the server before you have a rank. A big thing we look for from VetOps is activity and feedback. If you'd like to apply for a rank on DoD at a later date when you're ready, feel free!

Status
Not open for further replies.