Custom Music

cdroid

Reaction score
I put this in the ROF because that's where I play, but it could go for several of the servers.

Music is, to me and many other people, one of the most important aspects of a game. I think it would be cool to add some custom music into the game, whether it be with a plugin or with note-blocks. Perhaps not all aspects could be covered, then we could at least nail the important moments like king of the ladder and perhaps lobby music looped. I would also want to hear music for the first 5 min of every game.

I'd be down to compose for that if you could implement it, here's my soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/threetrailsproductions

• Optimistic
Reactions: kuilin

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Making music with a mod would be very difficult directly, because there is no direct implementation method for it. It could be possible to simulate note blocks being created and played and destroyed following a player around, but I think this is too much work for something that could easily be gotten just by having a tab in a web browser open with music in it. Another possible way to put music into the server side would be to have a pure redstone note block series, but that would be way too laggy, because currently even simple clocks are not allowed for fear of lag.

If you want to popularize your music with Minecraft, I would suggest putting up remixes or alternatives to the Minecraft default music. You can get them from the Resources folder after extracting the minecraft.jar file. Then, you could replace it with your own music and post it as a mod for, well, better music.

I think that your idea for having more and different music for Minecraft is an excellent idea, but it would be much more feasible to get individual clients to use it than entire servers.

cdroid

Reaction score
I don't necessarily want to make my music popular through minecraft; I want to make minecraft better with my music. And I wouldn't do remixes or alternative for it, I would write orchestral music potentially with modern elements mixed in.