Currency Prizes

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I know the sense of satisfaction from winning a zombie round but I have always thought there should be a little something more. Now I know an in-game store makes things a little more complicated, but with it, the competition aspect would definetly rise.

What I am thinking is that if you win, you get a set amount of "dollars" or some form of currency. It does not have to be too much, say 5.

Now I am not suggesting overpowered items that can potentially ruin gameplay, but I was thinking more along the lines of something like titles.

I was going to say name colours, but that might be distracting, and would take away from the blue/green names of staff.

I would say there is certain set titles that can be bought when a player reaches a certain currency level, each being more praising as the price increases. The last title, probably costing a whole lot, being a custom title at the players' choice. Such as:

Mach9824: /store

Store: You have 65 dollars
Cost: Title
1. 5: Noob
2. 20: Runner
3. 40:Stealthy
4. 60: Experienced
5. 80: Veteran
6. 200: [Custom Title]

Mach9824: /buy 4

Congradulations, you have been given the title of: Experienced!
You now have 5 dollars.

[Experienced] Mach9824: WOOT!
[ZC] AvantGarde: <== Jealous cause I can't survive that many.

Or something like that. Could be more, could be less, prices could be different, who knows. Up to the staff. But that gives the general idea

I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but I am getting tired of people asking staff members for titles, this would be something to strive to acheive rather than just running for your virtual life.

Let me know what you think.

ps. Jk avant, I love you.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I don't like the about about having titles and a currency, but I am in for something similar with the 'ranks'. Just a thing that shows up on /whois (nowhere else - maybe on another command like /rank) and when you have for example survived 100 rounds you will be an 'experienced' player or something. But using this for titles is a big no.

Lily97

That American Idiot
Reaction score
I like the concept of recognizing kills and survivals, but I also agree with Vatumok. Currency and titles would mean not only distinguishing those who have lots of experience, but also those who have little experience. Bragging to friends may start out funny and innocent, but others who have lower titles may get hurt or offended. Having a 'position', per se, on the /whois would make it less 'in your face' obvious and just open to those who are curious about the player. :)

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the concept of recognizing kills and survivals, but I also agree with Vatumok. Currency and titles would mean not only distinguishing those who have lots of experience, but also those who have little experience. Bragging to friends may start out funny and innocent, but others who have lower titles may get hurt or offended. Having a 'position', per se, on the /whois would make it less 'in your face' obvious and just open to those who are curious about the player. :)
Ya i agree with what you are saying, a /whois would be much better, but then a statistic could just be added that says survived: x amount of times, if there isnt already

Gratz on op btw

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It could be modified instead of shooting it down.