Declined [CTF] Triggerfish Camping

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Name: Triggerfish Camping
Author: Catcocomics
Game Type: CTF
World Border: you'll get dissolved in the lake before you can reach the barriers
Warp: triggerfishcamping
Round Time: 480 seconds (for now)
Teams: Blue (Alpha), and Orange (Bravo)
Spawns: the little circle pad things that look like this:

Flags: the little ball things that look like this:
Fall damage: no
Drowning: I'm not sure you'll make it past the dissolving effect this water has on people

Other things:
if the following is possible, please keep it. Otherwise,just go with default kits.
I feel like changing things up with the equipment this time around.
No more rockets, no more shovels.
Two kits:
One has a bow with infinity, unbreaking 1000, and power 6 with the name "Splat Charger" and an arrow.
The other has a stick with sharpness 1000 on it and is named "Splat Roller".
Both kits get shears and 16 snowballs.
Players may choose kits.

time is best set to day, due to a lack of lighting.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hi Catcocomics, thanks for submitting this map

after looking into the map I will give it a -1

It has just not enough cover and the long path ways on the side are easy targets for campers.

further, there is not much to no cover in the entire map, you can easily shoot people in almost every direction from 1 spot.

as last I got the feeling you made this map too quick without paying attention to details, everything is just plain without . I don't think this map would do good in the map rotation.

I want to ask you to add more obstacles and put more time and effort in details because I personally find this not reaching the standards of AoD maps.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Thanks for your submission!

I don't think this map is too bad. There should be enough cover and while the orange glass looks is a bit weird but interesting at the same time. I like that you try unique things with weapons/mechanics however I'm not sure if it's possible to have different weapons on ctf. ComputerGuy_

I can't vote +1 on this map yet because the spawns are definitely unacceptable, right now it's very easy to defend the flag and spawncamping is encouraged. Spawns need to be moved away from the flag, when that's changed I'd love to try this map out.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Just to confirm, sorry to say kits can't currently be changed. I think I've already mentioned it in another post, but at some point I may give the option to give players extra items, but I can't really change whether the laser gun is in the kit due to the way it works internally. As for the map, I'll look at it ASAP.

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
I agree with all the statements above made by my fellow staff members. This map has no detail which leads to a plain map. Yes, game play isn't affected by the beauty of a map but it needs to look pleasant. I can list all the blocks used on this map on one hand. Mix it up. -1

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
I'm going to go with a 0 for this. There a a few different paths you can take to get to the other side, which I like however, there isn't much cover on these paths, not sure if that's a good or bad thing, I think it will be a bad one. The paths are made out of glass panes which is somewhat annoying since you can fall through the gaps and when you're trying to aim at someone, you don't want to worry about falling into void. Just one last thing, I think having only one way to the other flag could be a problem or is this because as soon as you spawn, you turn right and pick up the flag THEN run? If so, the fact there is not a lot of cover will become even bigger of a problem.

I'll be giving a 0 as mentioned before.