CTF team balance

Iggish

Reaction score
Ctf: an awesome, fun game mode until.... the teams become uneven. When this happens it is the most frustrating thing ever. When someone quits when the numbers of the teams are say 4v3... it could easily turn to 4v2, and a completely one-sided affair. People quitting mid-match pretty much decides the round. Some people quit and re-log to make the teams even but this is not common.In games like TF2 the teams are rebalanced if someone quits or a team is being trashed (i think). This evens out the game for a more enjoyable experience. I think aod should have something like this as well. If someone quits and the game turns into a 4v2, a player form the 4-player side should be automatically switched over to the side with 2 players. I know this would also be frustrating if that player in particular if he had been doing very good for their team and had captured a lot of flags as well, but it would be for the greater good.

Another thing. I think that if a team is losing and the numbers are even (3v3 let's say) the next player that joins should not be put on the winning team. He should automatically be put on the losing team so the winning team's victory won't be as assured.

Anyway. these are some issues I think should be addressed in the near future for aod. I hope they get implemented or something else is done about the team situation.

Thank for reading,
Iggy ;)

• Agree
Reactions: froyd and Fragile

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
CTF team balancing is in fact an issue that has yet to be addressed by our staff team!
I think that if it's possible, teams should autobalance when someone leaves, and if it's 4v3 the team with 3 players should get a speed buff or something.

Reactions: Iggish

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I think it would be too frustrating that when you are winning and someone from the enemy ragequits you are suddenly forced in the losing team so that's not really a viable solution. I definitely thinks players should at least get the choice to switch when the enemy team has less players and is losing. I don't really know how else to fix that but I'll think about it for a bit longer.
I think number disadvantages could be fixed by increasing the respawn time for the team with more players by 2 seconds per extra player they have. Speed won't really work because when one team has 3 super good players and the other team 4 average players it will still be very one sided for the super good players. I don't think actual fighting advantages should be given.

Reactions: Fragile

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Maybe buff the team with less players or debuff/nerf the team with more players (like a weaker gun or a stronger shovel, or maybe resistance effect).
Effectively make it so the team with less players is a little more capable of dealing with more opponents, rather than simply switching up team members.