ctf stuff

Catcocomics

Reaction score
sorry to say, but CTF almost feels like a Quakecraft ripoff, except with flags and teams instead of free for all.

For standard kits, I would appreciate if laser gun did 2-shot and the shovel did 1 shot, as not only would this make it less quakecraft-ish (eugh, I don't like games with light-speed 1-shot projectiles that ignore gravity), but...
well, the shovel would be a good deal more useful, though gun fights might be slightly longer.

in any rate, this would also make combat a bit more strategic than just dodging in hopes that your gun recharges before you get shot.

expanding on that, could some/all maps have kit selection so it's not always the laser and shovel?
or instead of different kits, perhaps different guns we can choose to use either at the start of the round or buy from the shop, like maybe a gun that has rapid fire but weaker damage?

• Agree
Reactions: Iggish and Fragile

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Quakecraft is a Hypixel minigame that involves about 12-16 people shooting each other with railguns (basically the same thing as our current laser gun, but with different particles and varying cooldowns) in a free for all death match, where the first to 25 'gibs' wins. They don't have a shovel, but most of people play AoD ctf, I'm very much reminded of quakecraft.

• Thank You
Reactions: Fragile

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
I can see why you get the quake feel and all but, changeing the rocket to a two shot and the shovel to a one? It would be kinda game breaking and wouldn't really be that fun. Let me give you an example. I could just sit at a corner and spam left click and almost no one would get by. With the rocket at lest you have a cool down. Also nothing is wrong with the quake feel. It's a lot of fun to play and with flags it's a more challenging game. The way the game is balanced right now is pretty solid at lest to me.

Reactions: Fragile

Iggish

Reaction score
Maybe if it's a one shot gun it should have a shorter range and other,weaker guns could have a longer range and some in between guns well you've guessed it. WE could also have varying cooldowns for different guns and not just have it the first person who shot will shoot next just because the cooldowns are equal. Kits would be an awesome idea but some should come with ranks/shop.

AND CAN WE PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ROOM FOR ERROR, YOU CAN SHOOT SOMEONE AROUND THE CORNER WHEN THEY ARE AGES AWAY FROM IT AND IF YOU AIMED STAIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE OF A 3X3 TUNNEL YOU WOULD PROBABLY HIT SOMEONE WHO IS COMING AT YOU EVEN IF THEY ARE HUGGING THE WALL!

Anyway,

Thanks for reading,
iggy ;)

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
The range is already short enough, and the accuracy got updated already, to where you have to be more accurate than rely on large hitboxes.

Whether or not we're "similar" to a different gamemode doesn't mean we should change the entirety of it. The laser guns should stay a 1 shot kill, and shovels definitely should not be 1 shot. Are you kidding me? I actually think shovels should be nerfed to be a 3 shot. However, the way the current system is, I think, is just fine.
Kits would be an awesome idea but some should come with ranks/shop.
AoD is Play to Win, not Pay to Win.

More to come on this matter.

• Thank You
Reactions: Cstar and Fragile

Catcocomics

Reaction score
the reason I suggested shovels getting the buff is because you can't snipe someone who is just coming out of their base all the way from your base with it.
And with the 1.9 update, the shovel could be made into a axe or even have a customized cooldown (possibly a new nbt tag?) so that it will not only be short-ranged only, but that it also cannot be spammed (or if you do try spamming it, you will surely die for having minimal damage output).
I'm not completely certain, but it might even be possible to slow down melee usage now with a really strong mining fatigue effect that lasts the whole round.

At any rate, I really think that nerfing shovels is probably a bad idea, seeing how they're already close enough to useless as it is, only really getting attention from anyone carrying the flag or too impatient to wait for their gun to recharge.

Though if this is still too much to ask for, then maybe switch our current gun with something that has to be briefly charged instead of having a cool down, though still retaining prior projectile properties, or instead, perhaps a shield that can be obtained from the shop for fairly cheap, so as to provide forward protection?

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
CTF has never been intended as a quakecraft rip off (I only had a look at that game because of this post). It was actually based off of the Laser Tag event which was hosted a while back. I liked the concept, so we developed it to make it better, using actual lasers, instead of simply bows.

As love said, I recently changed it slighlty to have a smaller hit box, and one that was actually centered around you, so its almost impossible to shoot around walls now. I have also noticed myself being more successful with the shovel, so it seems to have a use now.

We may consider adding different types of guns which are shop purchasable, however we would need to be careful doing so for balancing - each gun would have to have benefits and drawbacks, and also be slightly better than the default gun to counteract the cost. Also, when you died would you keep your gun, or do you have it the whole round? Many questions to ask, and I don't have all the answers.

• Agree
Reactions: Iggish and Fragile

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
What raxo said, make better guns last a whole round. You could also make upgrades to the gun purchasable, like
"Increase speed: 500 orbs"
"Scatter rocket: 750 Orbs"
"Explosive rocket: 750 Orbs"

So instead of buying faster guns that do less damage, you could buy all these and have A faster reload, scatter rocket, that explodes and does damage to an area for 2000 orbs, and it would last the whole round

(Prices aren't final, just figured they should be expensive but purchasable)