CTF Flag timer

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
On CTF maps it happens a lot that someone is just screwing with the game by grabbing the flag and not returning it to their base. This is really anoying even more when there are no Op+ online to return it.
So my suggestion is have a timer that when ever someone carries the flag for more then a certain time the flag will be returned automaticly. I was thinking about 2 maybe 3 minutes cause you can reach your camp without a problem in 2 minutes

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
Well, this has both pro's and cons. I see quite a few cons, and you have explained the big pro.
The probelm I see is that people may encounter resistance, which must be defeated in order to move safely. Some people may get lost, or have tactics that they are using. I'm all for this idea, but I'm worried that a few problems may arise.

• Agree
Reactions: balloon98

Chao

Reaction score
I, for one, agree with this. See, a few days ago, Goku, Terre936, and a few other players including myself, were playing a round of CTF. Red team would have won, except that a person took the blue flag and would not return it for a long period of the game, thus making blue win. I think there should be limit as to how long you can hold the flag when you take it, since this happened on my team before, and it really gets on my nerves.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
"Hey guys, let's just be elitist and only let the people who know the maps, routes and decent ways of getting from flag to flag play properly! Anybody else who tries who can't run full speed throughout the map and get there because they haven't spent 100 hours on the server can just be shunned because clearly they aren't good enough!"

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
The best suggestion at this point would be to give Trusted's a command that pretty much emulates what the 0,0,0 command block on CTF maps does at the moment.

/ResetFlag [xeam] would reveal player $w[x], set the $w[x] to 0, blb the flag [would need to change how flags work by $w1 and $w2 to store blbs], and send the flag reset message. Might be a bit annoying with the blb thing.

Reactions: DJJonosound

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Right, in almost all CTF maps there is a command block at the coordinates 0,0,0 which can be used to reset the flag.

A little prenote is the flag carrier, by name is stored in a variable called 'r' for carrying red flag, and 'b' for carrying blue flag. If these are 0, that means the flag isn't being carried and therefore can be taken from the base.
The flag reset command block does the following:
Announces the flag was reset.

Sets the variable to 0, so that flags can be recaptured
Cuboids the area the flag occupies so that people can interact with the /gcmd commands on block modification

What the /resetteam [xeam] would do is basically do what the command block does, but it does need modifications to cuboid the flag area.

• Informative
Reactions: GOODYSMOODY

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I've never seen anybody intentionally hog the flag and not return it. The only times I notice people being slow at returning the flag is when they don't know the way back as well as those who are complaining. Besides, if worst comes to worst, just play it as a regular TNT round and ignore the side objective of the flag. I'm not against making a command that can return it, since then Trusteds would be able to fix it, but only if it glitches or somebody is purposely screwing with the flag.

Reactions: OldReliable