Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Map Name: Aquarium Temple
Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: CtF (modified to play like TDM)
Map World Border: Self-Contained
Download: Create warp "AquariumTemple"
Round Time: 180 seconds (3 minutes)
Min Player Count: 6
Max Player Count: 32
Team Names: Alpha (Light Blue) Bravo (Green)
Spawn Locations:

Team Alpha in this corner...

...and Team Bravo in this corner.

Flag Locations: There are no flags in this map. If flags must exist, either put them below the map or put them inside the enclosed hollow area in the roof of the temple. This map is intended to play as Team Death Match.

Fall Damage: (negated by water entirely)
Can Drown: (negated by water breathing effect for all players)
Kit modifications: all player armor (boots) must receive Depth Strider 3. All players must receive infinite water breathing effect or respiration 3 on their hats.
Rocket should have range of 24 blocks and, if possible. do 5 damage per hit and fire at a rate of 4 shots per second.

Special notes:
*without water breathing effect or drowning disabled, this map becomes nigh-unplayable.
*It may be noted that inspiration was drawn from the Aquarium Park levels in Sonic Colors.
*The round lasts 3 minutes and has no objective beyond getting kills. In a way, we are playing an underwater Splatoon turf wars in Minecraft, except with no ink to cover the turf.

Fun with Eggman!?

Last edited:
Reactions: Notme

SalientGorilla

The Brutal Create Dictator
Reaction score
Going with a -1. Water is too slow and you can't dodge people shooting you, so it'll basically be who evers see who first, wins. I don't think people will like that sort of gameplay. I can't really give any constructive critism since this map is based on the water so, if you remove the water, the map is pointless

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Water is too slow and you can't dodge people shooting you
this is why I've requested depth strider III on everyone's boots for this. If that's still too slow, then maybe we can take a pair of pegasus boots I have on create and give them that as well.
The rocket modification should also help with the situation since, while it is still possible to kill someone in about a second, you have to hit that person 4-5 times rather than once.
And the 24 block range should also stop people from just sniping you from across the map, though I suppose the big building in the middle also kind of does similar.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
You kinda confused me with this map catco, so I'll just point things that stood out to me:
- 24 block range ? that's pretty far and even with depthstrider, it will be a killmania in this small map
- Submitted a CTF map without flags ? Errrr that's not how CTF works
- You're basically saying that the rockets shouldnt instakill you but after 5 times hitting a person and be like a automatic gun that fires 4 shots a second? sorry if I misunderstood you but thats what I can make up out of it and I'm pretty sure that's not right (correct me if I'm wrong ComputerGuy_
- The map's extremely dark, is that intented?

For now due to this I will vote the map a [BCOLOR=#ff0000]-1[/BCOLOR] since I think its just not good for AoD (and I doubt if its even good for RoF)

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I could maybe try draining most of the water, putting launchers in certain areas, and switch this to zombie, perhaps?

The map as is now is intended to be dark with glowing objects, but if that's a problem, we could always do night vision.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I could maybe try draining most of the water, putting launchers in certain areas, and switch this to zombie, perhaps?

The map as is now is intended to be dark with glowing objects, but if that's a problem, we could always do night vision.
If you're willing to switch it to infection it could work potentially, as others have said I'll be going with a 0 for now!

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
I, like the other staff, feel that the game play would be poor, and I also think players would be confused without a flag, so I'll have to decline this.
Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.