Crucia- Port City

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
City name: Crucia
City theme: A thriving port city full of trading and commerce.
Introduction of your city:
It had been many years since my father and I had first come to Crucia. I was only a boy, but I recall it fondly. Now the days were beginning to tear away at me as the stress from the conflict grew greater and greater.

In the years since I had first arrived, tension between Castra and Crucia had grown to a high level as we struggled with each other not to get smothered under the weight of the others forces. Crucia had decided to hold a meeting this night to decide what must be done.

"Cap'n!" I hear the first mate call.

"Yes?" I answered in a tired sigh.

"We're drawing into the Crucian harbor, permission to give the men leave?"

"Yes, yes," I sighed once again.

I steady myself as I stand. The conflict with the supply ship from Ostia last night had unsettled my nerves.

As I walk off the ship a guard leads me to a meeting hall. There all the delegates sat, along with the ambassadors from Sancti Crustalum, Whisper, Castle Concord, and Esper. The mayor nods his head and gives me a motion to be seated.

"Now that we are all here," He announces, "We must discuss the problem at hand. What shall we do about Castra?"

A concerned murmur spread through the hall.

"If no opinions are to be made, then we shall take a vote!"

A servant comes around with a piece of paper. It has two boxes on it; one side says 'Peace', the other says 'War'. I look at it, as horror fills me at the thought of rebelling against the government. I think it over, and come to a decision quickly. I decide it would be better for Crucia if we didnt go to war, so I mark the box 'Peace', and pass it back to the servant. The servent then goes around and collects all the paper, and brings them to the Chairmen. He grumbles as he tallies up the votes. Finally he stands up and motions us to rise.

"According to the majority we vote..." He looked around the hall, looking each of us in the hall. He then leaned back, and opened his hand, which held one of the boxes.

"WAR!"

The approximate coordinates of the citycenter:

-1260 1560
Somewhere around there

Members(included yourself and leaders):
Citizens
(Leader) Old_Man_Oak63- Head of Navy
_CaptainCake- High Crucian
(Leader) Shadova- Head of Matenance
Sephhh- High Crucia

Settlers
(Leader) NogTrog- Head Of Commerce
(Leader) ealev- Head Architect
(Trusted) radman573- Council
(Trusted) cxie- Council
ilovederp- Crucian
OrdinaryKronos2- Crucian
DynastyOfBlocks- Herbalist
nonamenut- Merchant
Sgt_Munter- Baker
Shocker6666- Crucian
Emmy403- Merchant
earthdemon101- Crucian
peckypeck- Herbalist
psycopyro- Engineer
engSamuelArcher- Crucian
Olix27- Hobbit
Xilo27- Hobbit
coolitdude- Crucian
TBDFE1- Crucian

Nomads

WhySoDumb- Merchant
lavatraz- Low Crucian
Elite_Trampo- Low Crucian
kywildcat- Low Crucian
Makus456- Low Crucian
drokkenian- Low Crucian
Chaosspread- Low Crucian
DaTelo- Low Crucian
LittlePorkoz- Low Crucian
moomootin- Low Crucian
Chase- Low Crucian
Jenben101- Low Crucian
WestSideGecko- Low Crucian

Shopkeeper(s): One (200 Emeralds), Two (500 Emeralds), Three (1000 Emeralds). (Propose prices/items)
Three shops we can discuss prices later but these are some ideas what we would like to sell:

Redstone Lamp
Emeralds
Leather
Stonebrick
Netherwart
Diamond Chestplate- Projectile Protection II
Diamond Sword- Fire Aspect II
Books
Cake
Enderpearls
Rail
Coal
Flower pots
Music discs

Portal: Portal to Carthage (1000 Emeralds), Portal to City (1500 Emeralds)

Portal to both Carthage and to Crucia.
Region-benefit (max 1): Feeding area (4000 Emeralds), Healing area (5000 Emeralds)
N/A
Prefered tag: [Crucia]

Screenshots of the city:

psycopyro, Sephhh, _CaptainCake, Old_Man_Oak63, nonamenut,Shadova, and I celebrating the day we got all the needed emeralds.

Picture of one of our beacons.

General pics (Top) (bottom)

Why should your city be official:
We've worked hard at this it has been our goal ever sense we heard about the newly added cities. We've tripled in size sense our city application both in area and population. Our members have gotten to know each other better and have started to work very well as a team. We also like to consider ourselves an easy friendly town to join. We feel we are ready for this honor as a city of Elysium thanks for taking the time to read this have a nice!

-People of Crucia

blackcat817

Reaction score
You guys look good and have improved a lot although i have been making it hard for you by PvPing pretty much your whole clan Im happy to see you guys are ready for City and think you guys will be a good as the servers Second City so Good luck with the app I think you guys really deserve it.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
It had been many years sense my father and I had first come to Crucia. I was only a boy, but I recall it fondly. Now the days were beginning to tear away at me as the stress from the conflict grew greater and greater.

In the years sense I had first arrived, tension between Castra and Crucia had grown to a high level as we struggled with each other not to get smothered under the weight of the others forces. Crucia had decided to hold a meeting this night to decide what must be done.

"Cap'n!" I hear the first mate call.

"Yes?" I answered in a tired sigh.

"We're drawing into the Crucian harbor, permission to give the men leave?"

"Yes, yes," I sighed once again.

I steady myself as I stand. The conflict with the supply ship from Ostia last night had unsettled my nerves.

As I walk off the ship a guard leads me to a meeting hall. There all the delegates sat, along with the ambassadors from Sancti Crustalum, Whisper, Castle Concord, and Esper. The mayor nods his head and gives me a motion to be seated.

"Now that we are all here," He announces, "We must discuss the problem at hand. What shall we do about Castra?"

A concerned murmur spread through the hall.

"If no opinions are to be made, then we shall take a vote!"

A servant comes around with a piece of paper. It has two boxes on it; one side says 'Peace', the other says 'War'. I look at it, as horror fills me at the thought of rebelling against the government. I think it over, and come to a decision quickly. I decide it would be better for Crucia if we didnt go to war, so I mark the box 'Peace', and pass it back to the servant. The servent then goes around and collects all the paper, and brings them to the Chairmen. He grumbles as he tallies up the votes. Finally he stands up and motions us to rise.

"According to the majority we vote..." He looked around the hall, looking each of us in the hall. He then leaned back, and opened his hand, which held one of the boxes.

"WAR!"
I TAKE FULL CREDIT FOR THIS.
And also, our city name is Crucia, not Curcia.
NogTrog

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
You guys look good and have improved a lot although i have been making it hard for you by PvPing pretty much your whole clan Im happy to see you guys are ready for City and think you guys will be a good as the servers Second City so Good luck with the app I think you guys really deserve it.
Please don't comment on apps that have no bearing on you. I know you mean well, but there's a better time and place for it. But on to the app.

Crucia, oh Crucia. Where do I begin?

I remember when I first heard the name Crucia. The prefix cru- implies pain or suffering. Yet Crucia is one of the most peaceful settlements on the map, a happy irony. What I love so much about Crucia is the close-knit feel that its members have. While you are not the most populated city you do so well with integrating the many members who join your ranks. Crucia is a well-organized settlement that is confident in its accomplishments, but not prone to bragging about it. I appreciate all of the work Crucians have put into the city and am more than willing to give it the nod in become Elysium's Second City.

I vote +1, and wish you luck!

Olix

Reaction score
Perhaps you should include allies and enemies? I don't know if Crucia is involved with any interactions like this, and would love to find out. (Sorry if I'm out of place here, but I feel this would me beneficial to the general public and people just looking for information on the town)

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Perhaps you should include allies and enemies? I don't know if Crucia is involved with any interactions like this, and would love to find out. (Sorry if I'm out of place here, but I feel this would me beneficial to the general public and people just looking for information on the town)
I am pretty sure that the following thread is the best thread to approach them: http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/official-town-crucia.10571/

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Crucia is a good candidate for a city. You guys have a constant theme and stick to it, and have the auction boat, which has blown up and become a big part of the server. I do like that a lot, and the fact that you guys are very inclusive and very organized, as well as have a nicely-built city. I would like to see some work done with updating things, and I would have preferred a bit more detailed application for all of the work put into this beautiful port town but the application at hand still does suffice.

As for the shopkeepers, my area of focus - I think most of the items are alright, though I don't want to be giving Fire Aspect II swords away at anywhere but Mercantia, as it's just too good of an item to have immediate availability constantly. If you can convince me well enough emeralds would be an alright item to sell and give me what items you may want to trade for emeralds, I may give in, but both of those items are on a blacklist of sorts. I think the books and music disks would be key items to sell, as well as leather (leather is always in high demand!). But overall, this isn't for discussion now, if you are to be accepted that is when we shall talk about it.

But all in all - I do like Crucia, and really like the center dock area. I do not like how I get lost every time I visit, but that just shows the sheer size and intricacy of it! It's a +1 from me, good luck.

Q

Qube

From the looks of it you have improved and expanded a lot as a town, and you have really managed to stick to the theme you have had from the start!
In fact i really dont have that much to say about crucia, as Superstein said you are a very organized clan, and i cant think of much that needs improvement, some areas might look a bit unfinished, but i'm sure you are working on those! As a clan you are very active, and i rarely go online without seeing one or two Crucia members.
I'm sure Crucia would be a good second city of Elysium.

Good luck with your application!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sephhh

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Before I get on to talking about the improvements of the town structurally between your town application and your city application, I must first commend you guys for being so approachable and friendly towards the rest of the server. Old_Man_Oak_63 's Auction ship has attracted people to the town, and I think majority of people have been quite impressed!

The actual town itself has expanded whilst keeping the same style and decking. It really does look like a port city, although this could be improved by removing the long stretches of reeds and replacing it with a few more places to dock some big ships!
And importantly there is still room to expand to the west, with perhaps another set of piers over that side too!

With the addition of npc-shops I'd like some more nice flattering buildings for the poor souls to sell their wares, and a nice large portal house for the portal to Carthage and a nice Nether Portal location rather than it being under Sephhh's house!
I am overall in favour of Crucia's city application, I think the members are friendly and outward looking, and their city is an attractive and uncomplicated place to visit.

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
'scuse any linguistic incompetency. It has been a long day.

I see no reason why not to allow City status. The settlement has expanded dramatically, acting as (something good but I can't think of the words right now so I will just say it is good).

Crucia members seem very active and engaged in the server and willing to have a chat! It is nice to evidence of shops, however I must point out that your Baker is a wannabe. You need the real deal.

You have my support to gain city status.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Before I get on to talking about the improvements of the town structurally between your town application and your city application, I must first commend you guys for being so approachable and friendly towards the rest of the server. Old_Man_Oak_63 's Auction ship has attracted people to the town, and I think majority of people have been quite impressed!

The actual town itself has expanded whilst keeping the same style and decking. It really does look like a port city, although this could be improved by removing the long stretches of reeds and replacing it with a few more places to dock some big ships!
And importantly there is still room to expand to the west, with perhaps another set of piers over that side too!

With the addition of npc-shops I'd like some more nice flattering buildings for the poor souls to sell their wares, and a nice large portal house for the portal to Carthage and a nice Nether Portal location rather than it being under Sephhh's house!
I am overall in favour of Crucia's city application, I think the members are friendly and outward looking, and their city is an attractive and uncomplicated place to visit.
We are actually working towards another dock it will be where you see the sugar cane now. As for our nether portal we are having technical difficulties I have attempted to move at least ten times but it keeps spawning under the ice wall or somewhere else in the town (This is probably me just being a Nub). I will try to fix this as soon as possible.