Coordinates of Survivors

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I am suggesting that at the end of the round, the coordinates of the last survivors are revealed.

Mostly, this is to ensure these last survivors were actually legal. I know we have staff to ensure that, but we don't exactly have a surplus of staff. So, what I'm thinking is that the coords are released as soon as round ends. This way we could ensure that the players weren't in holes underground, outside of the map, or etc.

If you wanted to make it even easier for players to ensure another's legality, you could let them TP to survivors at the end of the round.

And, yes it is very easy to make yourself illegal. I myself found it possible to make myself unreachable in a few seconds on most maps. Even on no-build maps.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
I see the thinking behind the suggestion, but I don't really get what it achieves.

So, people can TP to the last survivor to check if he's legal? But it's already the end of the round, kinda too late.

People in illegal hiding spots, from what I see at least,doesn't seem all that common, but that may just be because I'm online or I can't really tell from IRC.

This system could just let people discover places within maps that others have tried to keep secret, ruining their spot.

Illegal hiding places are currently dealt with primarily using warns and, short of giving everyone the permissions to warn people, punishment can't really be dealt (Although this could tie in with Iggy's recent idea).

If the TP wasn't implemented, and it simply published co-ordinates, what about people in places such as the mountains on WesternNightmare? It could just bring people to glitch abusing to get onto the mountains to check.

Once they think they can do such things, a server could develop of backseat operators in the middle of the round 'lolol it aint glitch abuse im just chekin if der iz survivor' and once they are up there, they get a pretty good view of the map.

People that constantly hide in illegal spots are often caught eventually and if they aren't, there is no reason as to why you can't report the rule breakers to staff.

So yeah, I like the suggestion, but whats the plan once you see that they are illegal?

• Agree
Reactions: Friendy

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
In terms of WesternNightmare etc, yes, those co-ordinates could work. In respect to 1 x 2 holes however, we can't tell what blocks were broken where, making it hard to determine it's legitimacy.

I'm still not convinced by the whole TP thing, kinda eliminates the ability for players to hide, as everyone knows where to look.

As I said before, we don't tend to see chronic illegal hiders as, once told, they 'generally' tend not to do it again.

However, I kinda see where you are coming from and the advantages it could bring, so I'd be interested to see it trialed in the server. There is a great deal of stuff going on with AoD at the moment though, so it may be a while before such suggestions are made a reality.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
4 staff? Bah, luxury! There's only 3 of us ;). Illegal hiding spots are a pain, particularly with no staff to check it, and the uncertainty it brings suggests that an adapted version of your suggestion may be a good idea.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I'd suggest rather that we use a specific block which is never otherwise used (detector rail, anybody?). Place those all around the illegal places on maps that seem to consistently have this problem, and at each minute mark of the round, as well as in the last few seconds, check to see if any players are within a number of blocks of one. If they are, kill them. It'll be a pain to modify maps like that, but if it really becomes a consistent problem with so few ops, why not?

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Well, I'd suggest rather that we use a specific block which is never otherwise used (detector rail, anybody?). Place those all around the illegal places on maps that seem to consistently have this problem, and at each minute mark of the round, as well as in the last few seconds, check to see if any players are within a number of blocks of one. If they are, kill them. It'll be a pain to modify maps like that, but if it really becomes a consistent problem with so few ops, why not?
Also a good idea. Maybe if players just come into contact with them :p But then players would just learn not to go near them :I