Complete rules thread

W

Wimali

I feel like there should definitely be a rules thread on the forums. Sure, you've got the article on the wiki, but no one looks there. There's sometimes a lot of confusion about the rules, and rule-breakers are able to use the excuse of "it wasn't in the rules". Saying it's part of the "unwritten" rules is kind of awkward, as they obviously couldn't have known. Another thing that's definitely essential is that, when you use /rules, this sentence comes at the end of it: "For a complete rules thread, go to tinyurl.com/rofrules" (or something similar). A small feature, but I'd say it's definitely needed.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Reactions: Lux

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
Alright now I'm not busy let's get down to this,

For a while, actually since I started on the server, I wondered why the rules were not elaborated on the Forums in any manner. To be frank, this has allowed a "loss in translation" or "loose translations" in which various Operators have taken the liberty of. Specific rules that come to mind of ambiguity would be the rules about spawn house, unmentioned rules of King of the Ladder and sometimes, rarely, about damming timers. Now, I don't wish to belittle any Operators who are reading this and happen to come across this post, you've not necessarily done anything wrong. What is currently wrong is the state in which Operators are having to translate instead of enforce the rules because they aren't clear or concise.

A serious discussion on specifics on the rules may or may not be needed. This is my observation, however, that it can be much more difficult and confusing for those who need to enforce the rules if they are having to declare or discover, through word of mouth, unwritten sub-rules to the rules.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here, presumably to be ignored.
That's fair enough but we currently have no one updating this as far as I know (Dessern5 confirmation? (I'd happily do it, if need be)) so anything that would be updated wouldn't be put on there. Also, virtually no one goes on the wiki, which is unfortunate. I think having something on the forums would be easier to access and easier for players to get to.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
That's fair enough but we currently have no one updating this as far as I know (Dessern5 confirmation? (I'd happily do it, if need be)) so anything that would be updated wouldn't be put on there. Also, virtually no one goes on the wiki, which is unfortunate. I think having something on the forums would be easier to access and easier for players to get to.
After the thing you posted I'll paste it there

W

Wimali

The problem with the rules on the wiki page is that it's incomplete and probably outdated, as it hasn't received a real update for over a year.

W

Wimali

I don't see the point in updating the wiki. No one looks at it anyway (except wiki updaters and random people who discover there's a wiki) plus wikis are outdated and are pretty difficult to edit for most people.