~Memory
- air
~Reminiscence
- air
~Nightmare
- air
Random or choose kits?: Random Kits.
Screenshots:
Notes: There are a few specifications and uncertainties I had with the config file
- I'd like item to not be dropped on death, but also for inventories to not be carried over
- I'd like the Survivors to spawn at the green wool show in the screenshots, and the Hunters at the red
- I wasn't sure about the worldborder, as the map is 126x126 and has a centre of 4 blocks. (I put 63, but it might not be right)
- I wasn't sure about the spawn coords as it's a BB schematic
- I'm not entirely sure that air is the right input to have a blank kit
Download Link: Schematic: Flashback-Jivvi-2
BuildBox Warp: /warp Flashback
Input File:
Code:
x: [x coordinate of spawn]
y: [y coordinate of spawn]
z: [z coordinate of spawn]
ChooseKit: false
Centre:
==: Vector
x: [x coordinate of center point]
y: [y coordinate of center point]
z: [z coordinate of center point]
WorldSize: 63
SkyLimit: 30
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: false
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 0

SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- air
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- air
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
- iron_door
- iron_fence
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- air
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- iron_door
- iron_fence

HunterFree:
Scavenger:
- air
Juggernaut:
Titan:
- iron_sword
- iron_chestplate
- 373:8297|2
HunterLeader:
Leader:
- stone_sword
- 373:16393
HunterStart:
Kit1: Attacker
- stone_axe
Kit2: Attacker
- stone_pickaxe
Kit3: Attacker
- stone_spade
SurvivorStart:
Kit1: Memory
- air
Kit2: Reminiscence
- air
Kit3: Nightmare
- air

Last edited:
G

Guest35486

Is this a tag map, seeing that the Survivors have nothing in their kits?

Olix

Reaction score
I like the map! The dark, grey theme is really unique and I think overall the map is structured for good gameplay. Here's some more technical issues / suggestions:
  • For the survivor break/hunter break in the input file, usually maps will put BEDROCK as a placeholder. In the kits you could give them a junk item like empty bottles (dream catchers?) and empty bowls. I don't know if air will work x)
  • For the kits, as a suggestion, you should just have one survivor kit and name it something thoughtful and relating to the flashback, dark theme - like "Memory" maybe. For the hunter kit you could do something like "Time" or "Dreamcatcher". I know you can be more creative than "Veteran" and "Civilian" :p
  • As far as I know, the no-dropping-item mechanic isn't currently possible on the server. I don't think item drops would cause a gameplay problem, it would only spread weapons around a bit more.
  • Food. I haven't been able to look in chests, but if you haven't given out a TON of food and made it widely accessible people are going to be starving left and right. One possible solution is to remove all the food entirely and give all the survivors a saturation effect - that way they could concentrate on finding tools AND it'd remove the color of food items from the map to keep with the grey theme.
  • Those little cobblestone diamond structures around the map... I think you could do more with them. Maybe make some trails and connections and ways up onto them? You should make the entire map playable space and not have many "just for decoration" places.
Even without these changes, I can forsee this map being very fun to play on :D Good luck in the competition!

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I like the map! The dark, grey theme is really unique and I think overall the map is structured for good gameplay. Here's some more technical issues / suggestions:
  • For the survivor break/hunter break in the input file, usually maps will put BEDROCK as a placeholder. In the kits you could give them a junk item like empty bottles (dream catchers?) and empty bowls. I don't know if air will work x)
  • For the kits, as a suggestion, you should just have one survivor kit and name it something thoughtful and relating to the flashback, dark theme - like "Memory" maybe. For the hunter kit you could do something like "Time" or "Dreamcatcher". I know you can be more creative than "Veteran" and "Civilian" :p
  • As far as I know, the no-dropping-item mechanic isn't currently possible on the server. I don't think item drops would cause a gameplay problem, it would only spread weapons around a bit more.
  • Food. I haven't been able to look in chests, but if you haven't given out a TON of food and made it widely accessible people are going to be starving left and right. One possible solution is to remove all the food entirely and give all the survivors a saturation effect - that way they could concentrate on finding tools AND it'd remove the color of food items from the map to keep with the grey theme.
  • Those little cobblestone diamond structures around the map... I think you could do more with them. Maybe make some trails and connections and ways up onto them? You should make the entire map playable space and not have many "just for decoration" places.
Even without these changes, I can forsee this map being very fun to play on :D Good luck in the competition!
Kits: I might change the names
Drops: I might just set it to normal drops, then, I guess
Food: There's no food at all, the survivors have saturation.
Cobble Thingies: You mean the trees? xp

Thanks for the feedback! I'll probably change some stuff based on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.