Declined [Competition] [Classic] Dam It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
DO YOU MISS BUILDING DAMS WITH FRIENDS AND DELAYING THE MAP'S END FOR AN EXTRA TWENTY MINUTES?

DO YOU MISS THE SARCASTIC AND PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE VOTES HELD WHEN AN OPERATOR WANTS TO BREAK A DAM BUT DOESN'T WANT TO KILL PEOPLE?

DO YOU MISS HAVING OPERATORS STALK EVERYONE IN CASE THEY WERE TUNNELING AROUND THE DAM?

IF YOU ANSWERED YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, THIS MAP IS FOR YOU!
  • Name of the map: Dam It!
  • Intended Gamemode: (Survival or Classic) Classic!
  • Creator(s): Jubjubers
  • Size: 65x62x116
  • Biome: Plains
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Use default texture pack!) :
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): no chests rofl
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: Red wool and Bedrock as nobreak, please<3
  • Any extra information about your map?: #throwbackthursday
  • Download link (optional): "damitjub" at smp.blocktopia.net/schematics

Last edited:

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Not much different then halfpipe. Except this is much bigger, will likely require team effort, and doesn't have an area area that doesn't flood on the sides. I actually don't mind this. It forces people to build instead of just sitting at the top edges of the map build 3 block high walls "just in case."

I don't see this placing in the competition but I could see it being added.

Also, nice intro. :cool: +1

• Thank You
Reactions: Jubjubers

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
There is nothing that I can really say about this map expect that it looks a little better than Half Pipe since it's bigger and will require more team work rather than a free for all when making the dams.

However I do think that the bedrock walls around the map, makes it look ugly (In my opinion)

(I wonder if the dam rule will return? ;))

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
I.. I just don't.. I can't even understand the redundancy, Jubs. Sure, this has higher potential than halfpipe, but what about trench? It's pretty much the same thing, just simplified and more curved. o__o (Death the Kidd would love you for this symmetry, though.)

All in all, I'm not sure how I feel about yet another trench/halfpipe map. :s

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
Yea, there's not much difference between this one and our current classic halfpipe but I feel this one allows for a more building area and larger dams so in that case, I'm interested in it. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.