Commentary

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
After a brief encounter on Zombies where a few people were discussing what was happening in the game at that very moment, I thought this could be put in as an automatic "bot."

Basically, the idea is commentary, such as those said by announcers in sports / esports / etc. This could replace, aid, or possibly help randomize the "bot" we currently have, like when you die, the "bot" would say, "Your brains were eaten by (insert name here). 10/10!"

Instead of these phrases when you die, that only you can actually see, we could have commentary pop up randomly throughout the round stating things such as, "(insert zombie name here) Has x amount of kills and is in the lead! But (2nd place of kills zombie) is catching up!"
-Or-
"(insert human here) Seems to be the final human! C'mon Zombie-Team, Just a (time left) To go!"
And so on.
This may seem a bit spammy in chat, but this can be posted to a minimum and can make the game feel a bit more alive.

Pokemon365

Reaction score
I like this idea. There are some problems though. There is not much to say. Like with the humans it wont be able to say much. Because it allready has messages on how many people are left. And i dont think there is much else to say about the humans when you are not ingame.

Mach9824

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I like this idea. There are some problems though. There is not much to say. Like with the humans it wont be able to say much. Because it allready has messages on how many people are left. And i dont think there is much else to say about the humans when you are not ingame.
It could encourage them? Or discourage. Regardless, there are plenty of options when one's mind is put to the task.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
We already have announcements for infections and last humans and I think it's good like this. Making even more and bigger announcements for these things will make it a lot harder to chat and have discussions with eachother. (And that is, obviously, the main purpose of a chat)