/colour

Barricxde

Reaction score
/Colour black,grey
What do you think?

I'm not sure if this has already been brought up or not, but I thought I might as well make a thread and see what people think about it. The upsides to having it, and down.

I know we already have a command, set for higher than operator. But what if we brought it down to operator? I know there are lots of people I can think off the top of my head, that are on their last warning. It would be so much easier if there was a command I could use to highlight their name, so other operators would know of their them being close to banned. I am also aware of the (Player has a rep of ****) But that does not apply to all, and if someone has been on the server for years > the rep is going to be like that. But if one has just joined and continues on something like this,
eg; Not turning hacks completely off, multiple times ("forgetting")

It may also bring attention to the player, knowing their name is a different colour. I have had multiple people breaking rules over and over again, yet when frozen they continue to yell 'Pls dn't ban'
(Or something along those lines)

We also have a final warning thread, as I know. But that involves running back and forward from the forums on every player that they have to warn.

Just putting this idea out there! Let me know your feedback :~)

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
I don't think colours would work because of the zombie and human rank. (it will probably mess it up) Though, I really like the idea of operators being able to notify other staff about a rulebreaker and I've been wanting some sort of /note command (which would show up when the player logs in) for some time now already.

Barricxde

Reaction score
I don't think colours would work because of the zombie and human rank. (it will probably mess it up) Though, I really like the idea of operators being able to notify other staff about a rulebreaker and I've been wanting some sort of /note command (which would show up when the player logs in) for some time now already.
Or that would work! Agree 100%:)

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I am also in total agreement with this.

storm886

Reaction score
The spelling confuses people :s
We awkward Americans spell it color, not colour.
I do agree with vatu, though.
Good concept ^.^
Yes, the colour and color is very confusing. But I do like your idea. I can remember when I was on Final Warning and when I asked Ops if I was off it, they would have to go to forums and check.

L

Later_Gator

I completely agree with this concept. However, I had an idea that's different in a few aspects. I was thinking the command could actually be /status and there could be levels of status that can be set for each player (e.g. 1 - Good, 2 - On Watch, 3 - Last Warning, something along those lines that goes from good to bad). It can appear as they log in, as Vatu suggested.

Example:

/status Later_Gator 2

+ Later_Gator has joined the fray

EDIT: LISTINGS09, would something like this be possible?

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Great thought! I do agree with Vatu, some kind of /note type thing would be wonderful. :)

/Colour black,grey

I am also aware of the (Player has a rep of ****) But that does not apply to all, and if someone has been on the server for years > the rep is going to be like that. But if one has just joined and continues on something like this,
This is all kinds of wrong though. Normal players do not get high rep over time. A player should be warned/kicked a couple of times, and then conform to the /rules. If it took someone to -rep 60 to start following the /rules that is fine, but after a month of good behavior there rep should be reset to 0. People will HIGH rep should always be dealt in a strict manner. High rep is a CLEAR indicator that they have been asked to comply with our /rules server times.

This is just part of being effective. High REP should always tell you - Oh this player has had many chances, and shouldn't be given many more chances.

Barricxde

Reaction score
Great thought! I do agree with Vatu, some kind of /note type thing would be wonderful. :)

This is all kinds of wrong though. Normal players do not get high rep over time. A player should be warned/kicked a couple of times, and then conform to the /rules. If it took someone to -rep 60 to start following the /rules that is fine, but after a month of good behavior there rep should be reset to 0. People will HIGH rep should always be dealt in a strict manner. High rep is a CLEAR indicator that they have been asked to comply with our /rules server times.

This is just part of being effective. High REP should always tell you - Oh this player has had many chances, and shouldn't be given many more chances.
Well no. That's not what I meant.
What I meant was some people get Lag kicked quite often, I had a high rep and always followed the rules, but there was all sorts of reasons for being kicked without being a huge rule breaker. I'm not saying use this for everyone with a high rep, I'm talking about it being a rare thing, for people on their last warning.

I wanted helpful advice, not insulting my ideas and treating me like an idiot.
Thanks.

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
What I meant was some people get Lag kicked quite often, I had a high rep and always followed the rules, but there was all sorts of reasons for being kicked without being a huge rule breaker. I'm not saying use this for everyone with a high rep, I'm talking about it being a rare thing, for people on their last warning.

Thanks.
Psst, He wasnt insulting the idea. If you are going to make a thread about an idea you need to let people share their point of view :)

James81818

Dat Lsmp Op
Reaction score
I don't think Jowe was trying to be rude, but simply trying to give her views on the matter. Either way, I doubt offence was intended.

I think it's a good idea, but maybe an in game final warning list would be better because, like others have said, it may confuse players and there is a possibility new players will think they are staff if they have a different coloured name.

I think it has the foundations of a good idea though, when I was an op it was always annoying flicking between the server and warn list, where as it might be nice if it could just be done in game.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score

Thanks.
Yes :) i was not meaning this in a rude or disrespectful fashion. I was just trying to correct a common misconception by operators in hopes that the system will continue to work well!

You don't gain -rep for wizard kicks. BTW - The kicks fly, spleef, and pillar kicks give a -rep. While they can be mistaken, the mistakes are alot less rare than a wizard kick.

Agian - This is the flaw. The -rep doesn't say: "Oh this is a rule breaker, we must ban them now!" But it does mean that the person has been on the server for awhile. You should watch them, and if you see them continuing to break the /rules then you deal with them effectively.

So even if you got -30 rep and they were all due to mistaken auto kicks for spleefing, an operator should still look at you and say, well this person has been on the server awhile, I need to watch them.

You don't get punished for having -rep. You get punished for breaking /rules.

You aren't an idiot, and I would not treat anyone as such. You have earned your place as an op :) Try not to take my post in such a negative tone, you'll find perspective will show that it really is just meant to be helpful advice.

Emues7

Uranus
Reaction score
I personally think this would be much easier than just continuously updating the warn list, whether you do /note or /colour or whatever.
I Am definitely for this idea.

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
I personally think this would be much easier than just continuously updating the warn list, whether you do /note or /colour or whatever.
I Am definitely for this idea.
Yup and then always checking the list is quite a pain, and you may not even notice if someone is on it.

Gamemakergm

Developer, Meep
Reaction score
Website
www.safaree.org
I would add asterisks on players who have been warned, an asterisk added each time someone is warned. Maybe even color them differently depending on factors such as kicks or warns.

These would only be seen by operators.

Examples:
[*Title]Gamemakergm: Message

*Gamemakergm: Message
(I don't know colors don't judge me ^_^)

I'm quite sure this is possible, I will possibly add this to the current MCForge source myself and try. Factors to consider include saving these after server restart, but that's not much of a problem.

Forseti

The Presiding One
Donor
Reaction score
Posting this here since this suggestion is related to people on final warning:

I recently went over the final warning list and set the reputation of everyone on it to -4002. I try my best to read every line of chat, so I'm sure it'll help (at least me) realize when someone on the list joins and needs to be watched a bit. I hope it works for others.