AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Crater
  • Intended Gamemode: Classic
  • Creator(s): Runemen4
  • Size: 128 x 128
  • Biome: Mesa
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Use default texture pack!) : Click me (Timers not added because I am a total noob at how timers work and I really don't know where to put one.)
  • Any extra information about your map?: This map is the smaller version of the map above. This map is only here because of concerns about the size of the above map and how the map above will react with lava flooding the place (Lag). This map has a totally different backstory (Asteroid impacts, with the main asteroid blasting into the map and embedding itself into the crater wall). I hope you enjoy this map like the one you did above!

• Size: Currently 1000x100o from water border to water border (The map around including the crater). The size of the crater might be around 200 x 200 or 300 x 300 (Seems really big, however it is classic so there is enough space for people to build?)
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Use default texture pack!) : Click me (The pictures for the timers are in faithful texture pack because I am stupid enough to add the timers after I took the screenshots of the map.)
  • Any extra information about your map?: This map was really just a idea for a minecraft movie I was thinking on. I had World Painter on my PC from testing before, so I tried making a area where the player first starts off. This map turned out be something that I really liked, however I have no time to actually make a movie so I decided to try submitting this map. I am up for constructive criticisms and if you want me to do edits on the world itself (I can't really do the size), I have the world painter file so I can edit the look of the map.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notme and Psycho

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
  • Size: Currently 1000x100o from water border to water border (The map around including the crater). The size of the crater might be around 200 x 200 or 300 x 300 (Seems really big, however it is classic so there is enough space for people to build?)
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Use default texture pack!) : Click me (The pictures for the timers are in faithful texture pack because I am stupid enough to add the timers after I took the screenshots of the map.)
  • Any extra information about your map?: This map was really just a idea for a minecraft movie I was thinking on. I had World Painter on my PC from testing before, so I tried making a area where the player first starts off. This map turned out be something that I really liked, however I have no time to actually make a movie so I decided to try submitting this map. I am up for constructive criticisms and if you want me to do edits on the world itself (I can't really do the size), I have the world painter file so I can edit the look of the map.
You might need to replace the ores with stone as it seems like I turned on random ore generation when I was generating the map.
screenshots don't work. will edit this with my actual reply when i get the chance to see the screenshots/download this and mess around.

RaizzanX

Trash
Controller
Donor
Discord Staff
Reaction score
I get the feeling once lava starts flowing. It's gonna lag like hell. It usually does for my computer anyway. I love the look of it anyways.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rune

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I get the feeling once lava starts flowing. It's gonna lag like hell. It usually does for my computer anyway. I love the look of it anyways.

It could very well lag, however when the lava does stop flowing, the lag should be reduced?

Also, if you need me to, I'll add a border once it's decided that it's size it OK (hopefully it is :D)

Adding on to the comment above (Didn't want to edit the message above because this is a update)

I could add ruins around the crater to increase detail, however this is a classic map and people have creative so I don't really know if the ruins are needed since they might get in the way of building.

The ruins themselves were originally not wanted because of the story of the movie. I won't go into much detail however the only 'building' which was going to survive was the contol panel of the reactor plant which the player starts off. Also, the reactor was build in a remote area because the reactor itself is 'secret'. The secrecy of the reactor was to test a fuel source (Demircium (Element 126)), however the test failed and the plant blew up. That was the backstory of the crater itself, a big blown up pile of obsidian, stone and dirt.

Again if you need me to, I will add ruins to increase detail. Either way I don't mind :)

Final update for today, I will be doing a update on the map itself to make it smaller (around 150x150).

The reason for this update is because the map itself is too big for RoF, it will lag players out. The update to the map will be out this week with the updated photos. Just look out for a comment from me on the map!

PS: Working on it right now

~Posts merged. Don't triple post - Dessern5

Last edited by a moderator:

Rune

Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned about the size tbh. The server could (very likely) handle it. Trust me, RoF has seen some shit.
Ok, got it!

However I did make Crater 2.0 if you guys can't run Crater 1.0

I have the second submission right below the first one for convenience sake.

This way if the map is too big, I have a 'Plan B' for this map.

I gotta say though, I think that Crater 2.0 looks awesome!!!

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
First, ow my eyes. I can definitely tell you that, while it's a beautiful map, the block choice strains my eyes. That aside, eleven timers is a bit much, don't you think? Perhaps you could reduce it to about eight? Also, 1000x1000 is.. ten times the recommended size for maps.. O__O

Any chance of a 1/10 scale model..? o.e

Rune

Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
First, ow my eyes. I can definitely tell you that, while it's a beautiful map, the block choice strains my eyes. That aside, eleven timers is a bit much, don't you think? Perhaps you could reduce it to about eight? Also, 1000x1000 is.. ten times the recommended size for maps.. O__O

Any chance of a 1/10 scale model..? o.e
Yeah, the smaller version has been done, the pictures are below the first map submission (Crater (2.0)). The timers for the second map has also been limited to 1 if I am correct.

The second map submission right below the first one has a cool back story and has added details like meteors in the sky and ruins around the crater.

I apologize about the block types straining your eyes, the blocks I have chosen have a real 'apocalyptic' feel to them (EG: Podzol and obsidian.). The grass with the mesa biome also has a apocalyptic feel to it because it looks 'dead' and more 'muddy' if you get where I am go at. The colour scheme of this map is: brown, grey, black and red/orange/yellow because those colours have the most affect of a apocalyptic nature to them especially black which is the colour also associated with chaos. The red/orange/yellow were chosen because it represents heat and fire, the brown represents simplicity and health. Grey is a unemotional colour and has a feeling of stability and composure, relief from the chaotic black and grey does not excite and is quiet.

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
I think it's just the texture pack which deceived my eyes. Either way, the smaller one looks so nice. I wouldn't mind having it. I mostly like the meteors up high in the sky, too, giving it an even neater effect. Question: will the players be able to reach those meteors? What's the max build height requested for the second map? (I like Crater 2.0~)

Rune

Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I apologize for the late reply!

The meteors are near the max build height anyways, and it would also be cool if people actually build on those meteors, its like a extra dimension of building, and also more space for building too.

Pros:
  1. More space to build
  2. More dimensions to build on
  3. More builds

Cons:
  1. More area to flood
  2. Makes the map look ugly
  3. Unexpected loss of cookies because of the vicinity of the max world height is so close.

I don't mind if people build on those meteors so I might wanna go with the default Minecraft max height because it would be cool looking up and seeing people building their own stuff but there might be issues with lag spikes, which might be unappealing to people with bad computer setups.

I still don't know about where to put the timers, I was thinking of having 3 (One filling the crater, one filling above the crater and one filling the meteor section.). It might need to be talked between staff members however this probably won't be needed.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Ohyeah the first one is definitely too big imo. The second is good though, and the concept is interesting :D With the meteors, it reminds me of one from literal Classic... The one with the alien mothership, I can't quite recall the name XD

Rune

Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Ok, from the feedback given, I will put the old application below the second one in a spoiler so people can understand what we are talking about and to make the whole app cleaner and more good looking.

Last edited:

Rune

Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I just want to point out 2 things

1) This map is part of the submission, I posted in Ogar's post a couple of days ago and this post right here is to tell the staff that this is part of the submission

2) Issues with my internet unfortunately breaks when uploading, I will try to push the map for upload this week if my internet does not bug out (fingers crossed)

I hope that you guys have enjoyed my map by looking at the screenshots, and I do apologize about the huge delay in uploading the map for all. I have not been active on the forums because of my recent revision for some upcoming tests, but this should be out of the way right now.

Finally as a obligation of mine, this is the creative commons licence for this map:

Crater by Runemen4 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

Status
Not open for further replies.