Christmas Event Suggestions

What do YOU want to see implemented this year?

• Gift Wrapped Cookies (Lava Edition)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chimney Chance

• Plug The Leaks!

• Round Robin

• None of the above! :C

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoboTheEpic

Reaction score
These are just ideas, I feel they may need a bit of tweaking before they are suitable for the server.

Game Modes:

Gift Wrapped Cookies

Somebody (OP+) sits inside a present shaped multi-coloured box, while the other players dig through the snow (white wool) to find them, first person to do it gets +10 (?) Tokens. The map always looks the same from the top (just completely filled with white wool) every time, but there is about 15 maps with the present in a different location each time. OP+ can TP to the present location to wait for the players to arrive. Maybe also a slowed down dig speed (if possible) to stop too easy rounds.

Gift Wrapped Cookies (Lava edition)

Same thing as above, except you start from the bottom and have to de-flood the lava filled map using plants and blocks (Only OP+ should be able to place sponges in this mode) until you find the present. This could be a 1/5 variant that grants slightly more Tokens (12-15 ?) than the default mode.

Snowman Contest

Pretty simple, everybody gets a plot of land to build a nice snowman in, and people can rate other's snowmen (1-5 or 1-10 ?) in a 7 minute phase after each round. The person with the most points at the end of the round wins a nice amount of Tokens (Predetermined randomly (10-30 ?) at the start of that round.

Chimney Chance

This is a round that you can opt out of at the start of the round if you do not want to lose cookies. There is one map, it has five or six chimneys in a row, and everyone picks a chimney to stand on top of. One of the chimneys then spurts lava (Well, fire, but its classic) and everybody on that space loses 3 Tokens, anybody on any other chimney when those poor souls get burned to ashes gets 1 Token.

Plug The Leaks!

It’s after Christmas, and all the snow on your awkwardly bowl shaped roof is melting. This old roof can’t take the stress, and starts to leak!
As the roof of the room you are in starts to degrade, you must plug all the leaks to keep the water out! The water moves very slowly, and you cannot break the ceiling yourself (except OP+, of course). There are a few rooms, with players spread out evenly between them and when the water touches the floor in the room allocated to you, you lose and do not gain any Tokens. If you succeed in holding off the water for a few minutes, 5 Tokens are awarded. Another bonus amount of tokens is added if you are the last surviving group, based on how many ground there were to begin with. (3 groups +1 Token bonus, 4 groups +2 Tokens, 5 groups +3 Tokens, 6 +4 Tokens 7+ +5 Tokens) Sponges cannot be used in this round.

Items:
Christmas Token – A special currency used during Christmas themed events, can be converted at the end of December into lives, cookies and sponges.
Bag Of Cookies – A block that appears randomly in regular lava survival maps during the Christmas event, accompanied by a message: A Bag Of Cookies has been detected in the sky/on the surface/just below the surface/deep underground . The bag of cookies awards 2-6 cookies when touched by a person, then immediately disappears. It is either red wool, or green wool to help it stand out and keep with the Christmas theme.
Round Robin – An item purchasable from the store for 30 cookies, it is used immediately and gives 10 random people on the server 3 cookies each. Just a nice way of sharing the Christmas spirit. :D When you receive a Round Robin, you get a message saying: You just received a gift from the very generous [playername]! When you send a Round Robin, you get the message: Thanks for showing your Christmas spirit!
Christmas Event 2011 Award – Everybody who logs onto the server between the event start and event finish gets this award, followed by the message: Thanks for visiting us for Christmas! Hope you have a jolly good time!

Arcius

Reaction score
That's a lot of programming to do in such little time. However, the building contests are more feasible. However, it's more likely for a single operator to host the contest. I might do the snowman one later this month.

Also: Awards have to be handed out by operator+ staff members.

Not that these are bad ideas. In fact, I like quite a few of them. However, it's just asking so much in such a little amount of time.

BoboTheEpic

Reaction score
That's a lot of programming to do in such little time. However, the building contests are more feasible. However, it's more likely for a single operator to host the contest. I might do the snowman one later this month.

Also: Awards have to be handed out by operator+ staff members.

Not that these are bad ideas. In fact, I like quite a few of them. However, it's just asking so much in such a little amount of time.
I guess that's true. Maybe I should have thought about this a couple of months back :p

Status
Not open for further replies.