Cartograflex Inc. - The Wasteland Mapping Project

wolfiejo

Reaction score
Hello there!,
I'm wolfiejo, I'm a newcomer to your family of servers, I came after I saw renders of solitude on r/minecraft. I love it when fallout and minecraft get together and have a blocky punk raider baby clothed in radiating, tattered rags so your server is perfect for me. I've loved everything about it. I've played for a few days and tonight was the first time that I died (I had full iron armor too :/) Anyway, while I wait for my ban to let up, I wanted to show what I've started working on;
http://i.imgur.com/bln81kN.jpg

I also love cartography so it seemed perfect for me to tackle the problem of mapping the wastes and let others in on it too. It's not much right now of course, I was just about to expand before I met with my unfortunate demise (I fell down a dark hole in a freight ship to a horde of creepers and zombies... not fun.) I will keep working on this as time permits (It's fun!) and keep updating here. I'll have to start a new map sheet until I can find my "Field Station No. 1" again (if you find it, go ahead and take what you need, I can't stop you there.)
Also, how am I going about this you may ask. Well, I'm using Rei's Minimap (which I read somewhere on this forum is permitted, no cave radar of course.) and then I check the large map every so often, then copy down it all to a sheet of gridded paper like you see in the pic. I quickly sketch it roughly to scale then keep walking further. Once I find a landmark that I recognize from other sheets, I will stitch them together to expand the map.
If anyone would like to help (or donate some iron? paper for in-game maps? does that even exist int this world? hah) please shout!

Wolfiejo

Kivifreak

Reaction score
I'd love to help!
In game i'm building different bases on roads (free to use) with furnance, fishing pint, flesh grinder etc.
Having those marked on the map would be great. I could help you with digitalizing the map too :D