CaffeinatedKitty's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
In-game username: CaffeinatedKitty

Time-zone: EST/GMT -5:00

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
I am active most often around 10:00 PM-12:00 AM in my timezone, though I try to get on whenever I can. I have been a bit inactive due to school, but now that my math class for the year is over, I should be able to be more active. On weekdays I am only able to play for a few hours, if that, though on weekends and off-days I can be on for much longer. On weekdays I may be able to play for two or three rounds before I need to leave for school.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
It is an operator's responsibilty to make sure that everything runs smoothly. They need to quickly and calmly settle conflicts, as well as disciplining rule-breakers with whatever measures may be required. Also, they need to be able to clearly and precisely explain things that may be unclear to newer, inexperienced players, or those that have been inactive for long enough to forget them.

What sets you apart from the other applicants?
To be honest, I can never easily answer this, and looking at it from my point of view, I only seem to be an average player. But I can say that I really do love this server, and I would like to help it get better and better as it grows older. Alongside that, I dislike seeing conflict among players, and I'd like to help resolve any problems that may arise.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I believe my greatest weaknesses are in my maturity and my temper. I'm afraid that, while this doesn't seem to be often, I can get a little over the top with my silliness. On the matter of temper, however, I think I've mellowed out a bit and have gotten better at controlling it.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
If such a problem were to arise, I would attempt to ask another staff member for advice, or if they are active and on the server, perhaps to take over so I could watch and learn from how they handle it. If that is not possible at the time, I would work through the problem as well as I could, hopefully to finish with the situation resolved peacefully and with the ends ted.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
None, although I did apply for Trusted in Classic Lava.

References: Kevin_28, Biblius, 63LittlePiggy63

Note: I apologize for the wait, I've been revising and hopefully improving my application.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
You staffing here is a no-brainer. You're incredibly involved in our community, you're well acquainted with our rules and standards, not to mention that you really do understand the overall operation of the server. You've never staffed before, but that's no problem, you certainly wouldn't be the first among us to make your 'staffing debut' on RoF. Why say more when it's completely superfluous to do so? I vote +1, best of luck!

Reactions: Fruit

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hi CaffeinatedKity,

Let's see, my experience with you on the server has always been positive. You were never a problem user. You always went out of your way to point out rule breakers to me when needed. You always have a friendly attitude towards other players and you are helpful. It look forward to see how you fair as a fellow staff member. +1

Sincerely,
Kevin_28
AKA The Rocketeer

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
I really have to say thank you for all of the support :D Thank you, all of the staff that are leaving their opinions and all of the players that are giving me their support through ratings and in-game "good luck" wishes. :bounce: So I must thank all of you! I'm pretty happy to see that there are so many people that think I'm a good candidate. :D

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score
Hey there CaffeinatedKitty, Unfortunately I cannot give you a fair vote, due to timezones!

However time to time I do see you on but I think that you don't really stand out to me

So I will be giving you a +0 however that could change since you have some positive feedback from the ops above

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Definitely see you a fair bit, you're very friendly towards most everyone as far as I can tell, and you do help out a good bit of the time, enough for a +1 from me

Status
Not open for further replies.