BuildBox Op Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie

Reaction score
(I share a blocktopia account with Stephanie)

Account Name: swagtheman14

Do you have any Premium alternate accounts? I have no other ones

Age(note that we value maturity over actual age): I am 11 1/2 right now.

Timezone: Eastern Time Zone

References (Op+, none are required but will help you significantly):

Approx. time spent on BB (use /ontime to check): 10 Days, 5 Hours, 52 minutes

Previous staff experience: None, this would be my first.

Other notable contributions/feats/skills? Being friendly to the other players, I can help players with WE when they are a beginer builder, I understand the rules well, I can help new players get started.

What do you think the role entails? I think to keep the BuildBox server in good shape like, a welcoming place for new people when they join and the Op's or Op that's on to help out the new player. Also checking Players builds if they are Builder worthy, helping out players by if there is a fight and can help stop it. Also being friendly to the players not a mean person to them.

Why do you want this position? I want this position because, I have been wanting to help out for a good amount of time. I also want to be an Op on here because I just want other players to have as much fun they can have, but keeping them safe as well, like no one can get left out, or hurt (feelings).

Additional/final notes: Thank you who reads this I appreciate it

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hey swagtheman14, Thanks for applying for Buildbox Op! Your server ontime and maturity are great, but just there are a few things that stick out on this application.

First, I think that it would have been better if you created your own forum account instead of using TacoLove's account to submit your staff application.

Your application is short and it's hard to get a good sense how you'll be able to staff and why you think you deserve to be Op. And yes, helping out is nice, but you can easily do that without being staff.

Your ontime is great and I have seen you being helpful on the server before, but it's not as consistent as I'd like to see it. Just continue to show off your building skills and help players when needed, especially if you're good with WorldEdit.

Overall, your application isn't as solid as I'd like to see, so it would be nice if you elaborated your answers a bit more. And I think that you should be much more helpful on the server. Good luck!

Stephanie

Reaction score
Hey swagtheman14, Thanks for applying for Buildbox Op! Your server ontime and maturity are great, but just there are a few things that stick out on this application.

First, I think that it would have been better if you created your own forum account instead of using TacoLove's account to submit your staff application.

Your application is short and it's hard to get a good sense how you'll be able to staff and why you think you deserve to be Op. And yes, helping out is nice, but you can easily do that without being staff.

Your ontime is great and I have seen you being helpful on the server before, but it's not as consistent as I'd like to see it. Just continue to show off your building skills and help players when needed, especially if you're good with WorldEdit.

Overall, your application isn't as solid as I'd like to see, so it would be nice if you elaborated your answers a bit more. And I think that you should be much more helpful on the server. Good luck!
I tryed making an account it didn't work for some reason thats why I used her account. -swagtheman14

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I think to keep it safe but let the players have fun
How will you keep it safe? Expand on your answers.

I want to help out if needed
How would you help out? How would you be able to help out using op that you can't do using your current range of tools?

Whilst you've got a great ontime, it's more of a thing of me seeing you help. Eastern Time Zone again, I won't be able to see you do this much though.

I've had a bit of an issue with you and a few other players a few months ago, but you've improved a lot from then and I've not had problems with you since.

As I've said with Taco, there's nothing bad, but nothing that really makes you shine either. +0 [EDIT: See Below]

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I'll be updating my vote to a -1.

Your activity on the server is spot on, but unfortunately, whilst searching through the past week of my IRC logs, I was unable to find solid instances of your helpfulness with other players besides TacoLove. You seem like a nice and mature person, but I think you should work on helping other people out such as providing creative input on their builds and teaching someone how to use WorldEdit commands.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I'm unfortunately going to have to change my vote to a -1. Your dispute with Taco, who is also applying (could these applications have your names in please to make it clear they aren't double posts please), shows that your abilities to solve disputes simply aren't going to be good enough. You spent 5-10 minutes getting annoyed at each other over knowing what something meant. You continued arguing whilst I explained why your disputing isn't going to help me decide whether I should make you op, although responding to me.

Sorry, but if you're disputing over that, you're going to have a hard time controlling players in an effective way.

(And yes, I did copy that, because it's the exact same message, apart from the names in it, for both of you.)

S_swimmer

The Speedo
Reaction score
Hi swag, I'm going to be voting a -1 on your application. This is because, while you have a great ontime, I don't see you helping out enough or talking to many players other than Taco. Your maturity isn't something to be concerned about, but it also doesn't stand out as great. Also, the argument Sir was talking about concerns me, even though I wasn't on to see it. Try and help out more for players and also talk and joke around with our vast player base - being well-known isn't exactly required, but it helps tremendously.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The staff have decided that you are not yet ready to be a staff member on this server. I'll give you some tips - work on your general helpfulness on the server and try and reach out to other players rather than sticking with people you already know.

You may reapply in one month if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.