Bringing back an old idea: Bounty Hunter

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
This was suggested in the old threads, but never had much of a conclusion.

I think a /bounty command would really add to the game. We can make it vet-op+ command, allow it to select a player or three at random. Karma gained for the bounty could be based on a percent of the human karma of the player. Karma gained for the human could be a set amount if the human survives.

Yea its not perfect, but it would really be fun! :) We do this already with find bananas/pancakes/couches. Players enjoy it. I think it would add to the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of being hunted.

/edit :eek: I think this was originally posted by DieLorelei as a suggestion, I am not to sure, so credit goes to the person that suggested it to the old forums, sorry for the late credit.

D0mac

Sneaky Beaver Purple guy= SBP guy
Reaction score
interesting idea. i like it but i know whats going to be said.
Anything That cause players to be targeted will probably be turned down due to it making it unfair for new players.
only suggestion i can think of is only have it say the randomly picked players in opchat or not at all.

Jowe

Giver of Pancakes
Reaction score
Yep it was what I suggested - Have it pick random 1 or 3 players.

Edit- Yes i did mean vetop/op - Which ever is decided - Though it would be rare if if it is vetop + which is good, because we don't want it to be overused.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Potentially, but I doubt it would be a percentage of their rep, probably a fixed value. Maybe the satisfaction of catching a nominated player should be enough... Any thoughts from the HC's?
Bounty board.

IntensiK

Forever
Reaction score
Potentially, but I doubt it would be a percentage of their rep, probably a fixed value. Maybe the satisfaction of catching a nominated player should be enough... Any thoughts from the HC's?
The satisfaction of catching a nominated player is enough.

As for the entire idea, +1.