Not open for further replies.

jackamel

Op Purple :D
Contributor
Reaction score

Map Name: Ikea
Map Authors: jackamel and Plive
Game Type: Zombie
Map Worldborder: 133x142, spawn is marked with bedrock in carpark.
Download: Create /warp IKEAMAP
Game Time: Day, locked
Round Time: 8/9 mins (idek)
Minimum/Maximum Player amounts: Staff can decide

Jumppads at: 966,-2322 & 934,-2363 @computerguy

Pics of kits found in post, so i'll exclude the unimportant food/block stuff from this run through:

Swede - Survivor
Dyed Leather chest/legs/shoes
Iron sword (Sharp 1)
Speed pot
Health pot (splash)

Scandi - Survivor
Dyed Leather chest/legs/shoes
Stone Sword
Bow (Power 1) + 16 arrows
Health pot (splash)
Regen pot (splash)
Weakness pot (splash)

Employee - Dead
Dyed Leather chest/legs/shoes (chest protection 2)
Stone Sword (Sharp 2)
Bow + 16 arrows + 16 spectral arrows
Speed pot (splash)
Slowness pot (splash)
2 enderpearls

Security - Dead
Dyed Leather chest/shoes + Chained legs
Iron Sword
Instant Dmg (splash)
Weakness (splash)

Kits can be found around back of map for upload use/review.

Block Restrictions: Survivors can place but not break blocks. Dead can place and break blocks. Wool/Snow blocks excluded as that makes up most of the building structure.
Fall damage: Yes
Can drown: Its ikea.
Can use /loc: Yes
Enable insta-zombify?: No
Percentage drop rate for each team: 100%

Last edited:

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Hi Jack, ty for bringing Ikea to AoD :^)

Here are my thoughts / (slight) concerns for the map. Although, first I want to say that I absolutely love this map, and really enjoyed the submission as well. Looks amazing.

1. Chests
There are a lot of chest around the map, which does not necessarily has to be a problem. However that also means there are a ton of items around the map, items which can be useful, but also useless/too strong. What I have noticed (slightly) that similar items seem to be close together. For examples there are 2 chest with bows and arrows very close to each others, while on another part in the map there are 4 chest very close to eachother with only food. I think we (ye we can help) have to take a good careful look at the chests and the items in the chests.

2. The Parking Lot
A couple of things about the parking lot. As you can see it is quite a big portion of the map. However, there are (almost) no chests there. So why would people stay on the parking lot (like maybe only if they want to hide in the corner)? You could spread out the chests a bit more, and move some to the parking lot.

I also found this spot. You can hide in the tree, which is hard to spot (especially if you are inside the building lel). This is not a big issue, so you can consider changing it, but you do not have to imo.

3. Doors
The iron doors are annoying. A picture says more than a thousand words so look here.
I'd make the passages with doors around the map 2 doors wide (or another good option you can come up with).

4. This spot :(
Most rooms around the map have more than one easy way to get into. However, as you can see this room has only 1 main entrance, which is quite far away from spawn. You have to go through the storage at the back and up several stairs to even reach that spot. If you group up with a couple of survivors, you can easily camp there, and regen everytime the hunters have to walk all the way back over. Yes, there are enderpearls, but there are also blocks in the map (even quite a bit in a chest in the room next to it). You can block of the 14 air blocks above the glass railing, and hunters will not be able to enderpearl in anymore, leaving as the only entrance the one mentioned above. I do not have an idea yet how to change this, because this room is on quite an awkward location (hard to make more easily accessible).

5. Kits
I have looked at your kits prior and looked at strength issues between all of the kits, but one small concern I have is that all the kits might be really strong. I'd like other's opinion on this (and the kits in general).

Okay that's it for now. Although it might seem I have quite a bit of remarks I have no doubt we can work through them all easily and I am sure Ikea will make a great map. In my eyes I have no reason not to give you a vote right away. So... +1

G

Guest35486

Hi Jackamel and Plive,

Thanks for the submission! The map itself looks quite nice and we believe that it will provide interesting gameplay. Overall the map has no major issues, but we've adjusted the kits slightly. Since paintings and item frames do not save to schematics, we cannot replicate the Ikea poster. We did manually place the paintings back where they were according to the version on Create.
The map is now on the server. Please let Comp know if there are any issues.

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.