Blocktopia 1.8 Snapshot Event Server

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

graser10mc

Reaction score
Website
namemc.com
Maybe Blocktopia could have a 1.8 snapshot event server,that uses the latest snapshot and people can check out the new features in 1.8. Like an event that people can do either survival or creative and have the option to switch their gamemode to how they like. I think this may be a good idea to check out what builds might be like in 1.8. PLEASE READ ALL REPONSES BEFORE VOTING

Thanks,
graser10mc

Last edited:

graser10mc

Reaction score
Website
namemc.com
Hoogilan use 14w31a

As of right now the server would be in (IF IT HAPPENS) it would be in 14w31a/b/c (if b and c snapshots come out

Last edited by a moderator:

graser10mc

Reaction score
Website
namemc.com
Duffie it is just an idea but i think that it should not have to be a release because who knows when 1.8 is coming out and it gives everyone a chance to do stuff without having to worry about people not liking an idea and banning it with plugins and since it is an event mob spam won't be much of a problem because they have a new command /kill @e[type=(mob name) they have made TONS optimizations so maybe like 35% less stable than 1.7

graser10mc

Reaction score
Website
namemc.com
JtTorso It will give people who don't play snapshots because they get lonely in single player a chance to play with friends and explore new features when people invite friends on that might boost Blocktopia's popularity and DoD will be MORE popular it will give people a chance to experiment how to do things in survival with the event it gives people a taste for building and survival purposes and maybe someone might even get an idea for a map for one of Blocktopia's servers.

• Optimistic
Reactions: RyanDodd

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I don't think anyone actually wants a vanilla server, while DoD might have a couple plugins it's practically vanilla, and it doesn't get that much attention from players. Just play DoD whenever is updates.
I actually prefer the temporary vanilla server, because it's a whole new map for Blocktopians to play on. It's always fun to play with other people, checking out what's new on Minecraft. Some of my most memorable moments come from temporary vanilla servers. <3

graser10mc

Reaction score
Website
namemc.com
There are also like no snapshot servers to play on so It would be a good idea to have an event of one of the only snapshot server's that happened

JtTorso

Reaction score
There are also like no snapshot servers to play on so It would be a good idea to have an event of one of the only snapshot server's that happened
Because snapshots are buggy and unstable, I literally cannot understand why anyone would want a vanilla server when our normal servers are going to update to 1.8 anyway, what can you do on a vanilla server that you can't do on one of our other servers? What makes people think we're not going to bring in new things when we update the servers?

graser10mc

Reaction score
Website
namemc.com
JtTorso the recent snapshot 14w31 is in fact FIXING bugs and STABILIZING Minecraft along with many OPTIMIZATIONS and Boosting fps in fact if you get 20 fps in 1.7 it is choppy 14w31 20 fps smooth and there should not have any world bugs other than a FIXED bug that won't load the world that can be fixed pressing f3 and a at the same time

Because snapshots are buggy and unstable, I literally cannot understand why anyone would want a vanilla server when our normal servers are going to update to 1.8 anyway, what can you do on a vanilla server that you can't do on one of our other servers? What makes people think we're not going to bring in new things when we update the servers?
JtTorso also the new blocks and items might be hard to try out in 1.8 when DoD updates everyone might loot all new blocks and steal all the rabbits loot the water temples so it gives people a chance not to worry about loosing all their valuables and having the server being only an event so no one really looses anything while in DoD you loose all of your items when you die

Last edited by a moderator:

JtTorso

Reaction score
JtTorso also the new blocks and items might be hard to try out in 1.8 when DoD updates everyone might loot all new blocks and steal all the rabbits loot the water temples so it gives people a chance not to worry about loosing all their valuables and having the server being only an event so no one really looses anything while in DoD you loose all of your items when you die
Except if we put up a vanilla server those things are going to happen anyway, that's just part of SMP.

And in your response to your post about snapshots being about bug fixes. Just because it fixes some bugs does not mean it's stable, and within a week it likely won't even be the latest version and it'll likely have more bugs anyway.

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
JtTorso but we will have creative/survival so we can spawn mobs and stuff so the rabbits and blocks won't be an issue on the event but on DoD it might
You know what else has that?

Singleplayer.

You know what doesn't have people looting you or stealing items?

Singleplayer.

You know what always updates only when you decide it should?

Singleplayer.

You know what doesn't cost us money, time, effort, potentially staff, and doesn't rely on a buggy product to reflect our standards as a community?

Singleplayer.

It's okay that people might not like your idea! That's just how suggestions end up sometimes; don't take it personally. But the points being made against it are valid and being made by people who know what they're talking about, and that's something that you should recognize.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I've usually enjoyed the vanilla servers. They were nothing to actually take 100% seriously. I've never really understood why people always got so dramatic on them.
I wouldn't want a snapshot server mostly because of how often it'd crash, but once 1.8 releases I wouldn't mind a vanilla server for that until it just blows over.
I think the main problem behind vanilla servers is the lack of moderating tools, in which case we can make it rule-free except for the one main rule: Don't be a dick. That's how previous vanillas did it IIRC.

• Thank You
Reactions: Duffie
Status
Not open for further replies.