Best Map Making Method?

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm really interested in making a map for the zombie server, and I just wanted to ask those with experience in this about what I should do.

I need to know the easiest, fastest, and most user-friendly way to make a map. As in: what client, what server, and anything else specific I should do.

Any help and/or answers would be greatly appreciated.

-Chill

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Here is a list for you:
  • Get WoM (World of Minecraft Client)
  • Use Erikkruchten's Map building server (Will soon be renamed)
  • Usually It's easier to have a friend(s) helping you to build a map if you are new to it.
  • If you want, Gather some ideas from players on Zombie Survival, Or ask what theme they want for a new map to keep them interested.
  • Get a good knowledge of the Build commands on McForge so you know how to build certain stuff, etc.
  • Zombie Survival rules apply to Zombie survival maps so make sure everything is legal when building, Make sure that people can't build to spots that will be unreachable also.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Here is a list for you:
  • Get WoM (World of Minecraft Client)
  • Use Erikkruchten's Map building server (Will soon be renamed)
  • Usually It's easier to have a friend(s) helping you to build a map if you are new to it.
  • If you want, Gather some ideas from players on Zombie Survival, Or ask what theme they want for a new map to keep them interested.
  • Get a good knowledge of the Build commands on McForge so you know how to build certain stuff, etc.
  • Zombie Survival rules apply to Zombie survival maps so make sure everything is legal when building, Make sure that people can't build to spots that will be unreachable also.
Thanks for the advice, I needed it.