Because there is enough to discuss about it.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Hello readers,

To be honest, I want to make a short thread about it.
It is about the 2x1 jumps in map and adminium courses.
Yes, we have discussed a lot about about the 2x1 jumps.
And yes they are legal, that is fine to me.

But adding 2x1 jumps in maps?
That is just in one word, annoying.
There are plenty of maps with a 2x1 jumps in the map and it should be deleted in my opinion.
People building them in-game is fine, but do not forget zombies have only 3 blocks.
And most of the times there is also op_air, how hard do you want to make it?
It should remain fun for everyone, not just for the skilled players between us.

And one other thing.
If you are an Operator and you read this.
I request not to adminium/op_block the whole jump course path, when someone has made one.
Some zombies like to spleef the human, else humans can just being lazy not being worried of anything.

Thanks for reading.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
But adding 2x1 jumps in maps?
That is just in one word, annoying.
There are plenty of maps with a 2x1 jumps in the map and it should be deleted in my opinion.
People building them in-game is fine, but do not forget zombies have only 3 blocks.
And most of the times there is also op_air, how hard do you want to make it?
It should remain fun for everyone, not just for the skilled players between us.
Sometimes there isn't really a problem, on one map I understand what you mean, the 2-1 jumps up top of timecastle (I think) can be very annoying but that is already changed so you cannot fall all the way down anymore, on most/some maps having some shortcuts with 2-1 jumps is no problem to me. It depends on where and how it's done whether a map should have 2-1 jumps.

And one other thing.
If you are an Operator and you read this.
I request not to adminium/op_block the whole jump course path, when someone has made one.
Some zombies like to spleef the human, else humans can just being lazy not being worried of anything.
Agreed, what I always do is make everything adminium except for the final block(s) where the player(s) stand(s) on.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Sometimes there isn't really a problem, on one map I understand what you mean, the 2-1 jumps up top of timecastle (I think) can be very annoying but that is already changed so you cannot fall all the way down anymore, on most/some maps having some shortcuts with 2-1 jumps is no problem to me. It depends on where and how it's done whether a map should have 2-1 jumps.
It is not just timecastle.
But since we are speaking of timecastle, should not those be in moderation as well? I mean it is like 8 2x1 jumps (almost in a row). That is just insane even though there is adminium under it.
But what I am seeing is that it is getting a "hype" by making 2x1 jumps(courses) on their maps.
Also on some paths to the secret there are 2x1 jumps, the amount of those jumps is just getting raising incredibly.
It is not that hard to keep the jumps in maps to 1x1, 2x0 etc, without 2x1?
Let humans create them on their own.
It gives humans an advantage if those jumps are already made.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
Whilst I was still an operator I would actually adminium block the rest of the course except the block(s) that the player stood on. ESPECIALLY if the courses had a lot of 2x1 jumps.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Also, if there's 2x1s built into the map, it's to challenge players to get to special areas. It's not like you have to do them to survive. Players can go to other places if that's an issue.
That is almost the whole problem.
Everyone should be able to get on all spots, unless humans made them creatively by themselves.
And 2x1 is obviously for advanced players.
And what is the fun about ragequitting many times when you are not able to do 2x1 as a beginner?
Zombie Survival is not only for our regular players.

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
That is almost the whole problem.
Everyone should be able to get on all spots, unless humans made them creatively by themselves.
And 2x1 is obviously for advanced players.
And what is the fun about ragequitting many times when you are not able to do 2x1 as a beginner?
Zombie Survival is not only for our regular players.
People won't ragequit just because they don't have the skill to get to a certain area. And also, I disagree that everyone should be able to get to all spots easily. That makes maps bland and not fun. The best players should have something challenging to do/a hard place to get.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
People won't ragequit just because they don't have the skill to get to a certain area. And also, I disagree that everyone should be able to get to all spots easily. That makes maps bland and not fun. The best players should have something challenging to do/a hard place to get.
I am not saying they should easily.
Also people will ragequit, if it takes long enough.
Also, it is not about the best players, Zombie Survival is not a competitive place to be, but a fun place to be.
If they want hard places, they need to make it on their own, not the mapmaker.