Battle Of Kursk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlmt3

Reaction score
It is 1943, the German onslaught has been pushed back and Wait, you don't care about that, onto the map!

The Battle of Kursk, is just a catchy mapname to describe this large tank battle in AoD. There are 2 sides, the Germans and the Russians, each have specific tanks and infantry, oh, and working cannons. The map itself is designed for running/fighting, so you hiders must come out and test your swords!

Name of map: Battle Of Kursk
Author: Dlmt3, With a bit of help from WiiGoGetter for balancing.
Size: (100x100)
Map boundary: I never understood this, I have the sponge placed. and the boundarys are

Pos 1 X:144 Y:64 Z-305

Pos2 X:44 Y: .08 Z: -405

Kits: Humans:
PanzerGrenadier- Stone sword, Leather chest, 4 Bread, Strength potion
Volkssturm- Wood sword, leather pants, 4 bread, Health 2 splash potion
Rifleman- Stone Sword, Chainmail Chest, 2 bread

Hunters:
Strelki- Stone sword, leather chest, Leggings and Boots. 1 weakness 2 splash potion
Gvardiya- Iron sword, Gold chest, Splash strength 2
Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots: http://imageshack.us/g/84/20120707153101.png/
Notes: Like stated this is a running/fighting map. There is a lot of chests and a lot of food, bows are extremely limited, to 2 in the whole map. Holding those can be holding the win. There are lots of iron swords, and enchanted gold/wood. Plus a few good potions to be made.
Download Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18902469/dlmt3_wwII.rar

• Agree
Reactions: UltimateBudgie

Writr

Reaction score
Um...no offense...but this kinda sucks.
First off, the map wasn't in Anvil (the current format for all worlds), which was a bit odd.
Secondly, there really isn't any flow to the map. It's just one wide-open space, with a structure here or there for support. The gear is kept mostly in one place, not very spread out at all. It's incredibly small, meaning that Hunters would win within a heartbeat.
Lastly, it just looks like it was made in an hour or so - you can see the walls from the area you dug from just about any point on the map (meaning the awkward water/lava falls).
I dunno. I don't want to make it seem like I'm trying to be a jerk or anything; I just simply don't like this map, and don't think it would fit very well with AoD. *shrug*

• Agree
Reactions: Airkid

Dlmt3

Reaction score
After a second longer look, you're right. It did not transfer at all correctly from the BB server. I had an obby border, and there was a few more things. I will try and get that straightened out.

The lava and waterfalls aren't supposed to be there, and it should be more centered. I will download the BB map, find it, and fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.