Bar Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kivifreak

Reaction score
Name of map: Bar Fight
Author: DeSeppi (this is my minecraft username)
Size: 33x27
Map boundary:
Corner 1: x:14.0 y:64.0 z:-9.0
Corner 2: x: -19.0 y: 79.0 z: 18.0
For this map there shouldn't be a boundary needed because it all is inside and there is no way withoout hacking to get out
Random or choose kits?: Random.
Screenshots: http://i.imgur.com/WUwXxWo.png http://i.imgur.com/aePg108.png
Notes: This map is small i know, but it should be a fun alternative map, since there are no weapons (swords,etc) avaiable but potions. I tried to make the weapons avaible as fun and well-balanced as possible. I literally spend 1 hour in balncing the items.

I really hope this map will get chosen, because i can't wait to play on it :)
It should be a fun, small alternative to the big maps.

Download Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33873630/Bar Fight.zip

Input File:

MapName: Bar Fight
Author: DeSeppi
BuildTime: 80
GameTime: 200
WorldTime: 13000
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x: -5.0
y: 68.0
z: 4.0
ChooseKit: false
OneKitPerRound: false
KitResetTime: 5
BoxChance: 0
Team1:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x: -5.0
y: 68.0
z: 4.0
ChooseKit: false
WorldSize: 50
SkyLimit: 256
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
Kit:
HunterFree:
Scavenger:
- POTION.8193\2+Beer:[Keeps you fresh and smooth!]
Juggernaut:
Titan: Chuck Norris
- LEATHER_CHESTPLATE+Used by Chuck Norris
- LEATHER_BOOTS+Smelly Boots
HunterLeader:
Leader:
- LEATHER_CHESTPLATE+Fancy Leather Thingy:[Who weres these now a'days?]
- GLASS_BOTTLE.DAMAGE_ALL:1+Rusty Bottle:[Even your Grandfather drank from this!]
- MILK_BUCKET+Stinky Milk
- POTION.8193+Beer:[Keeps you fresh and smooth!]
POTION.16396\2 +Extreme Shot:[If you feel rough!]
HunterStart:
Fighter:
- LEATHER_BOOTS+Smelly Boots[Your luckbringer!]
- POTION.16388+Rotten Beer:[If you feel stinky!]
- POTION.16392+Overbrewed whiskey:[This doesn't smell tasty...]
Bottle Opener:
- GLASS_BOTTLE.DAMAGE_ALL:1+Rusty Bottle:[Even your Grandfather drank from this!]
Darn Sharper:
- POTION.16417+Speed:[If you feel like it ;)]
- POTION.16388+Rotten Beer:[If you feel stinky!]

SurvivorStart:
Average Drinker:
- POTION.8193+Beer:[Keeps you fresh and smooth!]
- POTION.16396 +Extreme Shot:[If you feel rough!]
Alcoholican:
- POTION.16389+Wine:[Hmmm...]
- POTION.16388+Rotten Bear:[If you feel smelly]

I really tried my best to fill this thing correctly :-3

I got inspired from this

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
First off, thank you for making a map for us! However, even though I admire your creativity and unique idea, there are a few problems with this.
For one, I'd suggest giving the kits a lot more of the potions given. 2 potions (with one of each type) won't be enough, or the gameplay would get stupid. Also, the last survivor kit does not get any potions that do any damage, so it would not be able to defend itself; I think it's a bit unfair, even if it has more heals. Furthermore, this map, in my opinion, would need to be VERY short. Like, 2/3 minutes short. The map is way too small for anything longer than that. For now I'm going to have to go with a -1, but if you give the kits a lot more potions and a lot more types, make the round a lot shorter, I actually think this map could be a fun little minigame. Also, if you do this, make sure that the dark hunter gets a bit more and better gear (but not too OP, maybe more damage pots? But no diamond swords etc), or it might be too hard to get the round going as the map is very small, so everyone will be together (huge team-up). Also, I think giving the hunters a bit of resistance would help, I can imagine the surviors just owning the hunters by standing together throwing potions.
EDIT: Also, Kivifreak thank you very much for attempting the input file! Sorry for forgetting to thank you!

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
I can't make much from the screenshot; if that's all it is, it DEFINITELY won't work. Especially not with the time.
10 minutes? For that small of a map? No, definitely not.
And the kits; essentially what Alien said. Just add more potions, items, and have the survivors a little stronger.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I can't make much from the screenshot; if that's all it is, it DEFINITELY won't work. Especially not with the time.
And the kits; essentially what Alien said. Just add more potions, items, and have the survivors a little stronger.
That screenshot is just of the main room, it has a couple of other rooms with corridors, upstairs, secrets etc. But still, very small.

• Informative
Reactions: ealev

Excepted

Reaction score
The ideas good but I don't like the fact survivos can't damage hunters. I also think it would only work if the map was 2-3 minutes long as I feel the map is far to small for 10 minutes. -1

• Disagree
Reactions: Kivifreak

Kivifreak

Reaction score
Oh god they can't? I should really overcheck the input files. And yes i will make the map shorter in time and i try to balance the kit more. I still struggle with the input file :3
Anyways i will try to get this fixed!
Thanks for the tips :)

Kivifreak

Reaction score
The ideas good but I don't like the fact that Survivors can't damage huners.
If i may ask, where is that because i want that survivors can damage hunters :3

Btw i fixed the times, made the kits more balanced. If you have other suggestions pls tell them it helps alot :)
PS: On the map there are quite a few potions and special items hidden.

Excepted

Reaction score
Whoops I didn't see what the potions where sorry about that. The reason why I said that was because any non weapon on AoD must have the sharpness enchant to do damage. To hunters. I will give the map another look when I'm not so tired.

Kivifreak

Reaction score
Whoops I didn't see what the potions where sorry about that. The reason why I said that was because any non weapon on AoD must have the sharpness enchant to do damage. To hunters. I will give the map another look when I'm not so tired.
o thanks for mentioning. I will balance the kits again.

Kivifreak

Reaction score
Alternatively you can disable the hunter damage reduction in the configuration file. If the map is accepted I can help you with that.

Another fun addition would be giving everyone slowness 2 and nausea 1.
There tons of nausea potions and slowness potions around the map :p
But maybe Mining Fatigue 1 would be a nice addition.
I would really prrefer disabling hunter damage reduction :) Thanks Guinnesis ^^

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, you have indeed added more potion types for the kits, so thank you for that, however I would still love to see more of those potions. E.G. 5 harming instead of 1, otherwise it will be a 'throw your potions and then punch for the rest of the round' type of game, and if I am right, you wanted it to be all about throwing various drinks at each other? If you add more potions, they will last a bit longer.
Love Guinessis 's idea, I definitely think you should do that to enable punching for survivors. Thanks!

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
Alright, I'm sticking with my -1, but I looked around more. I kinda like the idea, I might really like it if you made it a huge tavern with this theme.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Unfortunately this map does not currently possess the all of the qualities searched for in an AoD map.

Feel free to address any issues that may have been raised in this thread, and perhaps also take a look at the quality of the submission post itself.

You may do well to develop the idea and map further.

Declined. You may resubmit this map in 1 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.