Declined Balance Good/Evil ranks.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Right now, we only have neutral and "Avallis" (basically, undead/dark/evil) ranks. This presents a problem: some of us were born in life (real world and RP world alike) essentially as heroes of a more good/light force (and in pretty much every story, a hero rises when ever evil rounds it's ugly face on people).

Personally, I only hail to Hylia and the gods of the land of Hyrule (who are, for the most part, good).

So, I was thinking of new ranks like "Legendary Hero", "Holy Priest", and the like.

Cloudy

Reaction score
hmm....

Defender

Knight

Hero

Legendary Hero

Light Priest

Because apparently, the 6th prestige rank is secret, so I guess this 6th will also have to be secret...?
God/Goddess Incarnate
I'm guessing the order is like this

(Light)
Defender (The Light counterpart of Underling)
Knight (The Light counterpart of Cultist)
Hero (The Light counterpart of Acolyte)
Legendary Hero (The Light counterpart of Exorcist)
Light Priest (The Light counterpart of Crypt Keeper)
???????? (The rank is secret)
Acolyte (The Dark counterpart of Hero)
Exorcist (The Dark counterpart of Legendary Hero)
Crypt Keeper (The Dark counterpart of Light Priest)
????????? (This rank is secret)

Hope you find good colors for the Light themed ranks. We don't want to have confusion if you use the staff rank colors. Purple, Green, Aqua, and Dark Red.

Last edited:

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Defender (light red)

Knight (Dark Blue and [BCOLOR=#000080]then white[BCOLOR=#ffffff])[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Hero (As I recall, there are two shades of green. Which ever one is vet op, Hero is other shade.)[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Legendary Hero (Hero's Green and Gold)[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Legend Keeper (Light Blue, [BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Then Dark Blue[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ffffff])[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Secret Rank: (Gold, Then Light Blue)[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff](Remember, aqua is darker than light blue, but lighter than dark blue)[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Now for getting the ranks: we're not using Scookies![/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]We're using something else you can only get in one of two-three ways:[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]* Player gives them to you[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]*Kill hostile mobs under the conditions of Hero Mode[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]*[Optional] Do some sort of side quest... thing?[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]By the way, I plan to have Hero Mode be slightly more brutal than ironman.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]I haven't thought up too much that I actually plan for Hero Mode. I just know that I won't let people wear armor while it is active, break blocks, or place blocks.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Thankfully, it is the same price as ironman and it won't cancel cookie collection at the end of the round,[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]it will simply cancel any [Insert Light rank item here]s that you would have gotten and disable Hero Mode for you until round ends. You also decrease how many [Insert Light rank item here]s you get at the end of the round by killing passive mobs.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

Last edited:

Cloudy

Reaction score
Defender (light red)

Knight (Dark Blue and [BCOLOR=#000080]then white[BCOLOR=#ffffff])[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Hero (As I recall, there are two shades of green. Which ever one is vet op, Hero is other shade.)[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Legendary Hero (Hero's Green and Gold)[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Light Priest (Light Blue, [BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Then Dark Blue[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ffffff])[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Secret Rank: (Gold, Then Light Blue)[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff](Remember, aqua is darker than light blue, but lighter than dark blue)[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Now for getting the ranks: we're not using Scookies![/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]We're using something else you can only get in one of two-three ways:[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]* Player gives them to you[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]*Kill hostile mobs under the conditions of Hero Mode[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]*[Optional] Do some sort of side quest... thing?[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]By the way, I plan to have Hero Mode be slightly more brutal than ironman.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]I haven't thought up too much that I actually plan for Hero Mode. I just know that I won't let people wear armor while it is active, break blocks, or place blocks.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Thankfully, it is the same price as ironman and it won't cancel cookie collection at the end of the round,[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff][BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]it will simply cancel any [Insert Light rank item here]s that you would have gotten and disable Hero Mode for you until round ends. You also decrease how many [Insert Light rank item here]s you get at the end of the round by killing passive mobs.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
First of all, This is RoF. You usually have to make a house to survive lava, but battling hostile mobs, how are you going to survive both if your on Hero mode.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
it's not necessarily necessary, it would just make RoF a bit more interesting than simply build a house and sit there doing absolutely nothing for half an hour.

As for the Hero mode... not 100% how it will turn out. Could be something completely different.

Cloudy

Reaction score
While ironman gives you Hunger II , Weakness II, and Mining Fatigue II, your down to 5 hearts and battling isn't a good idea. If it was Hero mode, which effects would you add.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Hero mode Effects:
Potion:
none
Other effects:
Unable to wear armor (maybe).
Emeralds explode in your face upon use, rather than making you invincible.
Unable to mine or place blocks.
Only able to be toggled once per round (not cumulative), deactivates upon death.
Costs the same as Ironman would per rank.
Adds up hostile mob kills and subtracts from that the number of animal kills (after activation). Total is number of [Light item]s you get at the end of the round.

More effects may be applied or modified.

Cloudy

Reaction score
Hero mode Effects:
Potion:
none
Other effects:
Unable to wear armor (maybe).
Emeralds explode in your face upon use, rather than making you invincible.
Unable to mine or place blocks.
Only able to be toggled once per round (not cumulative), deactivates upon death.
Costs the same as Ironman would per rank.
Adds up hostile mob kills and subtracts from that the number of animal kills (after activation). Total is number of [Light item]s you get at the end of the round.

More effects may be applied or modified.
Emeralds exploding in your face during Hero mode, that's seem harsh. I wonder how much damage will that do if you use it.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I'd think about max strength of ghast fire ball, so it's not meant to kill, just maim.

besides that, you still regen health like normal (unless I feel like making this harder, though it is hard to get healing items)

Catcocomics

Reaction score
random bonus prizes (1 prize type per round):
*+50% end round cookie intake (total intake = 150%)
*1-5 lapis lazuli
*Enchanted book (random enchantments, higher ranks get better enchantments)
*1-6 name tags (quantity dependent on rank)
*A random agricultural tool (hoe/fishing rod, quality improved by rank)
*3-60 [light item] (quantity improved by rank)
*Random Armor or weapon with random enchants, name, and NBT. (Quality improved by rank)
*1 Emerald

Key:
Normal chance of acquire

Rare chance of acquire
Very Rare chance of acquire

Once again, this may be changed if necessary.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Neither prestige nor light ranks are purchasable by a singular cookie system, since super cookies give an amount of cookies dependent on your rank. Similarly, Light ranks will be purchasable by an end-round item you get from killing hostile mobs, which will test your PvM skills to some degree. Unlike Super cookies, the light rank purchasing item will not give you any cookies (unless shops specifically meant for trading these items in for cookies are created).

There for, you may grind away a couple of months and get grand master, but unless you can effectively kill enough monsters and survive the round you do so in (under the specific condition), this is the only RoF rank series that may become slightly unobtainable.

Then again, this could also be the easiest rank series to get if you have a sharp 5 diamond sword with other stuff on it...

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Defender (light red)

[BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Light Priest (Light Blue, [BCOLOR=#000080][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Then Dark Blue[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#ffffff])[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

Black bold - The colours would likely be the same as the prestige rank colours (as the prestige rank colours follow the same colour scheme as normal ranks, just as if you were starting the game again but on a different currency, one that's harder to get.) Which is the whole point in the 'prestige'. It's the same as prestiges in normal games. It's the same as levelling up all over again but with perks and extra things to buy/etc.

Red bold- Okay so, can you imagine the coding it would take to make a whole new mode (Hero mode) and the effort they would need to put in the do the perks, the rewards, etc?

Okay, so. I already stated to you that I didn't particularly like the idea when you propose it in-game. Here's why:

-Iirc, the high staff are quite busy at the moment, and from the things you've suggested the coding would be quite troublesome.

-The entire point in the ranks being darkness/fire themed is because that's the general 'theme' of RoF, you know; the lobby, lava floods, Avallis our almighty highruler firelord god.

-The prestige ranks were to simply give people something else to strive for, basically 'resetting' your rank and putting you on another currency system, whilst recognising that you've already made it to the highest rank previously, do you have to choose which system you go on or are the light ranks after/before the 'dark' ones?

-Hero mode seems.. nyeh. What if you need to kill passive mobs to get food? How are you going to make a house if you're trying to spend all the build time killing mobs? Does this completely contradict the point of the game, which is to survive lava not kill things? Also, the emerald thing seems pointless because people know it's gonna blow up, so why would they even try use it?

-It probably wouldn't take long to earn this rank, as people would likely just grind a bunch of mobs until lava flow starts and then join someone in their house, or make a gross 3x3x3 house very quickly, go grind mobs then camp for the rest of the game. The community aspect of RoF is in the making of large houses together, more or less.

-This one is unlikely, but probable.
It could cause tension. What if everyone is in Hero mode, trying to kill all the mobs as fast as they can but there aren't many, or someone 'steals' someone else's kill, or maybe someone comes along and kills a mob someone is already attacking? This could create anger between players, as some players like to take their ranking up very seriously.

-Besides the way you actually obtain the ranks and the title, what is different about the ranks? Do they have perks or different shops?

-What god would the light path follow? The entire point in the prestige is generally following the lava god and becoming more faithful, alas the darker names as you progress.

I don't think this name is good, we will not ever be gods or god incarnate. I think pope or Lightbringer would be more fitting. Also, how would it know whether to name you 'God' or 'Goddess'. Gender neutral names are much better.

Personally, the only way I think this would work is if the 'Light' prestige was the same as we have right now, just with different titles, so a player can choose whether they want to go on the 'Light or Dark' path. Along with this, people may change their minds so they might want to reset their prestige rank and go the other path.

This took hours months years time to write, yay, writing.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I was indeed thinking this to be an alternate path (and you can switch paths whenever you like, so long as you don't mind re-earning the ranks you had in the last path.)

As for the god in question: firstly, this "Light path" is polytheistic. secondly, the only god/god like being worshiped is Hylia (yeah... not too original. go ahead and change this if anyone is vexed by a direct LoZ reference.)

I understand that some of this would indeed take hours, day, and weeks to code, so I don't mind if it isn't implemented immediately (or even in this year).

As with the mob grinding thing or kill stealing, well simply sitting there in one spot and killing everything that falls into a hole you made (or something like this) isn't too much different from sitting in an underground complex of tunnels doing nothing at all for half an hour.
As with the kill stealing, well, unless you get a bunch of people who like to kill steal, this might not be a problem.
It also might not be so much a problem since a lot of people aren't going to have great monster hunting equipment (or simply don't want to go running around killing monsters with little more than a low-power sword.)

The food situation can be countered by the following:
*You can kill pigs and sheep and other friendly mobs before activating hero mode (much like placing blocks before ironman mode).
*You can buy food at the earliest accessible store (though none of it has high saturation).
*You can massacre all the food animals in the last map, cook them, and fight the next round.
*You can flat out ignore Hero mode and/or this path all together.

Secret rank name will be changed on the post it was put on (as well as the rank right before it).

Finally, the difference:
Apart from the listed prize items you can get for going hero mode with these ranks, there (hopefully) will be shops with special weapons and tools (partially focusing on weapons, mostly focusing on better picks, shovels, axes, and hoes) that are improved for each rank.
These shops could also host their own supply of potions (not to be found in the prestige/Avallis shops, though these will be slightly less powerful).

Apart from this, not sure what else to put.

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Right now, we only have neutral and "Avallis" (basically, undead/dark/evil) ranks. This presents a problem: some of us were born in life (real world and RP world alike) essentially as heroes of a more good/light force (and in pretty much every story, a hero rises when ever evil rounds it's ugly face on people).

Personally, I only hail to Hylia and the gods of the land of Hyrule (who are, for the most part, good).

So, I was thinking of new ranks like "Legendary Hero", "Holy Priest", and the like.
Instead of having to buy them like the other ranks, why not have them as an achievement system (when you get the dark version) so you have the ability to earn it. xD

Edit: Unsure if this has already been said, don't kill me :eek:

Cloudy

Reaction score
I was indeed thinking this to be an alternate path (and you can switch paths whenever you like, so long as you don't mind re-earning the ranks you had in the last path.)

As for the god in question: firstly, this "Light path" is polytheistic. secondly, the only god/god like being worshiped is Hylia (yeah... not too original. go ahead and change this if anyone is vexed by a direct LoZ reference.)

I understand that some of this would indeed take hours, day, and weeks to code, so I don't mind if it isn't implemented immediately (or even in this year).

As with the mob grinding thing or kill stealing, well simply sitting there in one spot and killing everything that falls into a hole you made (or something like this) isn't too much different from sitting in an underground complex of tunnels doing nothing at all for half an hour.
As with the kill stealing, well, unless you get a bunch of people who like to kill steal, this might not be a problem.
It also might not be so much a problem since a lot of people aren't going to have great monster hunting equipment (or simply don't want to go running around killing monsters with little more than a low-power sword.)

The food situation can be countered by the following:
*You can kill pigs and sheep and other friendly mobs before activating hero mode (much like placing blocks before ironman mode).
*You can buy food at the earliest accessible store (though none of it has high saturation).
*You can massacre all the food animals in the last map, cook them, and fight the next round.
*You can flat out ignore Hero mode and/or this path all together.

Secret rank name will be changed on the post it was put on (as well as the rank right before it).

Finally, the difference:
Apart from the listed prize items you can get for going hero mode with these ranks, there (hopefully) will be shops with special weapons and tools (partially focusing on weapons, mostly focusing on better picks, shovels, axes, and hoes) that are improved for each rank.
These shops could also host their own supply of potions (not to be found in the prestige/Avallis shops, though these will be slightly less powerful).

Apart from this, not sure what else to put.
If you switch ranks and your a prestige rank player, does that mean you'll have to start over from the 1st prestige rank.

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with LoZ, but I don't think we should bring a reference to RoF, we have our own set of gods. :p

If you switch ranks and your a prestige rank player, does that mean you'll have to start over from the 1st prestige rank.
Yes, most likely.