Auto kicks/mutes for spambots

M

Myst

I'm not sure if this has been a long term problem, but since I joined this server again there have been a couple of spambots which make chatting almost impossible for a few minutes, especially if there are no Ops available. So my suggestion would be to kick/mute someone automatically if they type too many single messages in a given time.

Screenshot for illustration.

M

Myst

^
I don't think any trusted would type and enter 10 single lines in less than one second. And that's the usual speed for spambots. So that could be a good cap already. As usual for suggestions, I don't know if it's possible to do, but I don't see anything wrong with the concept.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
I spoke to KingSam shortly after our encounter with "TheHacker98", and proposed 10 messages in 5 seconds is a kick. We might be seeing that come in, we might not.

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
That means you have to physically type 10 things in five seconds.
I don't know anyone who does that and still makes sense without flooding the chat. Not even I enter a message every 0.5 seconds.

Chinner2

Reaction score
I agree with Razinao. Who would type 10 messages in 5 seconds unless they were trying to spam.

Eternal Bliss

Sippin on a light beer
Reaction score
I think they should just be auto-muted for a bit (as myst proposed in the OP) and there could be a message saying slow it down or something along those lines. After 2-3 auto-mutes, they could be kicked.