Auto-assign on teams

aperson155

The ape
Reaction score
My suggestion is fairly simple, to automatically assign players to teams after maybe 5 minutes of game play. Some players like to join the winning team even though they might have a larger amount of players than the other team, and causes a larger gap in players on the teams.

Example:
Red team has : 100 kills
Blue team has : 60 kills
Time left : 5 minutes
Red team has : 13 players
Blue team has : 9 players.

Some players might see that the Red team has more kills and join it regardless of the unfairness of players created. After maybe 5 minutes of game play, whatever portal the player goes in, they will automatically be switched to the team with the less players. If there is an even amount of players, they should either be able to choose their team, or go to the team with the least amount of points. This can prevent 1-time point farming or unfairness since it evens out the number of players on both teams.

Pros:
-Less instances where one team is dominating due to their amount of players
-Less chances for last minute joining the winning team and getting an unfair 100 points

Cons:
The downside is that I'm not sure if it can be programmed or not. I could imagine the player joining the blue team, being auto-switched to the red team, and being kicked for spawn killing due to the quick change of teams.

-_aperson155_

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Pretty good idea even though we do have a system if there is a 4 player gap it already switches i guess this could be handy. Althoughn we already do have to things like this
- Auto switches players if players on each team have a 4 or more player gap EX: 9 to 13
- if it is 9 to 7 with red having 9 and blue having 7 whoever goes in random goes in the team with the lowest players os blue in this example

As much as this suggestion would be helpful I think it would be easy enough to just switch people to the opposite teams since we usually check teams often and if not have players tell us.

KingSam

The Head Pyromaniac
Reaction score
We sort of have something like this at the moment, but it doesn't work effectively. It does too little and not often enough though. I'm all for it, if it was able to be coded.

Psst, teams with smaller numbers win on TNT most of the time!

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
The problems I encountered in the process of making this
• People who left mid-game would not be accounted for due to the inability to store variables across worlds. Even then, the 'on leave' event would have to apply for all maps and also account for people leaving / getting kicked rather than just changing worlds through /home.
• Teams would still be unbalanced if lots of people left on one team, and if no one joined (although theres the possibility) they might just spectate.
However in hindsight, it's perfectly possible if the former option, server-wide variables to store the quantity of people on each team, and on leave, was made available.