Arctic Ice Library

MDooley15

Reaction score
Website
www.helpfeedthetroll.com
Well... Where do I start with this one?

This idea came to me while I was at work doing the most boring job known to man, putting nails and screws into packets! :rolleyes: Needless to say I needed to think of things to keep myself entertained.

So, the basic principles of this build? As the thread title states, it's a library. "Oh wow, that's been done before" may come to mind, however. Have you seen someone create a library in Minecraft with books from the real world? I'm talking about books like Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. I shall be using Minecraft's "Book and Quill" feature to write out these books and place them inside the library.

Since the max pages is 50 per book and quill, they will be split into parts and placed in their respected chests for easy access. Since I love Blocktopia and it's members, I shall be uploading this save on this thread once I have completed an amount of books I'm happy with. This may be 10 books, it may be 100. I shall upload updated versions of the save with more and more books as time goes on.

Anyways, enough of my psycho talk. How about some screen shots?

The plot of land I had chosen.

The basic layout of the library. Sorry for no screen shots of me making this ( I totally forgot )

Finished with windows ect, ect.

At this point I got stuck and wasn't very happy with the looks, so I spoke to my good friend Spencer725 needless to say he got to work straight away and changed some things for me. Here's the results after his handy work.

He used a totally different type of wood which really stood out.

The grand entrance.

How some of the library stacks look.

The basic idea behind re-creating these books.

Thanks for reading this thread, I'll be sure to keep you all updated as I create more!

Awwwyea

Ghast Hunter
Reaction score
If you wrote those books, you need to be awarded some kind of special title or something good god. The building is awesome, kind of flat on the sides though.

The books must've taken some hellish amount of patience/effort though. :nerd:

MDooley15

Reaction score
Website
www.helpfeedthetroll.com
If you wrote those books, you need to be awarded some kind of special title or something good god. The building is awesome, kind of flat on the sides though.

The books must've taken some hellish amount of patience/effort though. :nerd:
I wouldn't complain if I got a special title! Hell, that'd make my day! I know what you mean about the flatness but it's hard to give a library and sort of defining shape other than being a square building. :)

I've not finished yet, taken a few days off doing it due to being ill.

Reactions: Spencer75