[App] I'm Lost... HALP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
IGN:Butamou
Time-zone:GMT -5 (East Coast United States)
How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?Currently during the summer I am able to offer anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour in the morning. After work I am able to offer upwards of one to six hours. When I am in my single player I can easily be on multiplayer on my laptop so I can have access to both; or I could keep an eye on IRC. However once school starts up again I will not know how much time I will have to offer per day, but I will have a good amount of time to be around. Besides Saturdays. I do not exist Saturdays, ever, because of track.
What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?Operators need to have fun. That is the first thing that needs to happen. If the operator or staff are not enjoying their time on the server then they may make take their frustration out on the players this leads to the next thing they need to do. Make sure the entire player base of the server is having a good time. To do this the staff needs to ensure everyone, from players to grandmasters and even some staff from time to time, are playing fairly and within the rules. Operators also need to keep an eye and ear out whenever possible to see for any misconduct or “hear” it in the chat. The operators need to be generous in their actions. They do not want to scare off any rule breaker with a ban. Everyone deserves a few strikes before they are kicked out of the server. While being generous they also need to crack down on people under the radar, even if it’s someone you know. No one is above the rules. Lastly dealing with the banned offenders with ban appeals and responding to them in a proper and a swift manner.
What sets you apart from other applicants?My creative mind. FREE AWESOME HOUSES FOR ALL!

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member? Occasionally I might take things personal. Given that the setting is in minecraft where most things can’t really become that personal I doubt it would be a problem. But it has happened. I’m also slightly OCD… I have the urge to eradicate all poorly made homes… I’ve been called the Gordon Ramsey of building in minecraft. (by Biblius). I will not accept any RAW HOUSES SERVED TO ME! But getting back to a more serious note, I do occasionally as in a lot just walk away from my computer or bring tabs up and start working on something else, especially in RoF. Lastly sometimes I can be too nice when giving warnings.
How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with? If I there was another operator+ on at the same time I would ask for suggestions on what to do. However if there was no staff on the game or IRC I would take the most appropriate action depending on the situation. If I feel as they were breaking a rule in some way I would give a temp ban then discuss it with other operators to see if further action or a removal of the ban is needed.
References:Darkhender, Wiigogetter, Biblius, Clockworkmyr

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I honestly haven't seen your helpfulness in server issues but I do know from the project you are very helpful. I am not going to go with a +1 on this yet but I do know you deserve a trial. So as of now I will go with a 0

• Love
Reactions: Pikmon2

63LittlePiggy63

Piggalina
Reaction score
Website
mouvementdefleur.com
Sorry for the turn of mood here: I would plus one this except for what happened yesterday. You should remember as I was unflooding your and Lupus_Steven's house you decided to complain jokingly about how I was a bad operator for not restoring you immediately. That really bothered me throughout the rest of the day and it's still bothering me considering I only got Operator a week ago. Because of that I really don't want to give a plus one to this application due to the fact that it was disrespectful to me. Sure it was a joke, but me being so new to this I did not take that lightly. I knew all of what I was supposed to do, but you made it seem like I had no idea when I was doing.

• Sad
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Logs of that incident
[20:49] <+Dess`> [18:53] <+Avallis> [Main] Butamou: piggy is a bad op! jk
[20:49] <+Dess`> [18:53] <+Avallis> [Main] 63LittlePiggy63: ?
[20:49] <+Dess`> [18:53] <+Avallis> [Main] Butamou: you going to restore us after being killed by a flood?
[20:49] <+Dess`> [18:53] <+Avallis> [Main] Butamou: and crazymonkey3 admitted to it, are you going to warn him to not do it again

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Butamou is an excellent candidate for staff on our server. I honestly believe he'd do well here, you can tell by the fact that I've referenced him. He's active, creative, and above all, he's trustworthy. I've known Butamou on RoF and JtE, and I've also been his boss as he is a Viceroy for one of Sancti's colonies. I'd never expect anything but sincere loyalty and dedication out of Butamou.

Perhaps he's made an annoying joke or two, but one of my fellow staff members once told me that this server would be no fun if we didn't make a joke every now and then. I think the trick is simply to know what times are appropriate to do so. It's also important to communicate if you were offended by a joke, rather than bottling it up and letting it explode later. But that isn't what this app is about. (I will however say that the criticism was a bit rude to put out in public, but hey, we all make mistakes. After all, a single mistake really isn't a good enough reason to deny Butamou a chance when he has given so much to our server.)

I am voting a definite +1 on this application, and I would positively love to see Butamou join our staff team. Not only because he is my friend, but because I think he's good for RoF, and is exactly the type of staff member we need.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry for the turn of mood here: I would plus one this except for what happened yesterday. You should remember as I was unflooding your and Lupus_Steven's house you decided to complain jokingly about how I was a bad operator for not restoring you immediately. That really bothered me throughout the rest of the day and it's still bothering me considering I only got Operator a week ago. Because of that I really don't want to give a plus one to this application due to the fact that it was disrespectful to me. Sure it was a joke, but me being so new to this I did not take that lightly. I knew all of what I was supposed to do, but you made it seem like I had no idea when I was doing.
I would like to start with I am truly sorry if I made you upset. I am a very blunt person, and sometimes take things to far, which I did in this case.

I’m going with what Biblius said on this issue. If anyone has any problems with my sense of humor or even my manner of talking, let me know. I know human beings are amazing creatures and all, but they can’t read minds so I would have no idea if you are offended. If you don’t say anything, most people including myself would assume that the joke was fine to say; they might and probably will continue to say similar jokes that might offend without thinking that they are actually offending anyone. Because this is the internet I can’t see your expression, I can’t hear your tone of voice if it changes, I can only read monotone text. I would be unable to use normal social cues to know what’s wrong, unless you truly know the person you are interacting with. So please let me know if you don’t like my jokes because I will not be able to know otherwise, and this goes with anyone that reads this. Please let me know if you don’t like my jokes or even my manner of speech.

I would also like to add this is kind of rude to me as well. An incident of a negative event may not seem like a big deal if someone throws it out into the public, but none the less can still bias the results. Which doesn't make me “upset” per say but it does make me anxious, which I do not enjoy.

I will assume that is a 0 unless otherwise specified?

Biblius thanks for the +1. Dessern5 the 0 is completely fair as most of the time I've been on with you I've been doing secret stuff and not actually in the rounds to see anything going on especially in the last two-ish months, out of the three months I've been on RoF.

63LittlePiggy63

Piggalina
Reaction score
Website
mouvementdefleur.com
I really appreciate the apology. I sincerely don't mean to be rude to you or anyone, It just shocked me that you didn't think I knew what I was doing, when I have done this before. (Or at least that's what it seemed like.) I also did not want to start a drama when I was still busy trying to fix the flood, and afterwards it didn't seem worth it to bring it up again, which is why I didn't confront it immediately. I don't mean to make you anxious at all, I'm sorry! I just mean to say my opinion is all, and I am aware that it can bias the results. I really don't think it's that rude, honestly. It's just my opinion. (Sorry if that was rude as well... :c)

It's a 0 from me for now.

Reactions: Undefined User 7

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I have been keeping a eye on buta ever since he been helping with the project. At first you have not been that helpful. However over the past week or 2 you have shown your self to be a excellent candidate for OP. The logs shown almost made me pull my +1 after things were cleared up I am going back with my +1

• Agree
Reactions: FrenchSanta12

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
I have watched you in the last week or so and you do seem like a responsible, helpful person. So far you didn't count yourself as staff but yet you helped when needed. I'm a bit worried about what you said to piggy, but you did apologize, and people do make mistakes. I'm thinking about +1 or 0. I'll let the other staff comment too and then I'll make my final decision. I'll edit this comment.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I usually don't interject into applications but this makes an exception.

First off, I think you have the potential to be a great staff member. You have the professionalism, communication, and knowledge down packed, and you already have our trust on things.

I think you could help out more, however, and take the staffing aspects a bit more seriously.

This isn't so much a deny as it is "Try again later." I think that once you and I finish our project you'll have more time to focus on staffing. Applying for staff in the middle of things just makes a big mess. You are more than welcome and are practically invited to apply once more after we finish our project. I think it's for the best and several staff members agree based on conversations I've had with them. If you have any questions, PM me concerning this.

Status
Not open for further replies.