SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Name of the map: Silvae

Author(s): AngelWV, TheFurion101

Size: 144x144

Map Boundary: Placed 4 sponges in the dead middle with torches ontop of them, 72 radius.

Kits;
Survivor: Iron spade, 3 ender pearls, 4 bread, 1 Potion of Healing and 1 Wooden sword.
Hunter: Stone axe, 6 ender pearls, 1 Potion of Poison, Wooden sword and a Leather body.

Random or choose kits?: There is only 1 kit for Hunter/Survivor, so set.

Screenshots:

Notes: The strategy is to use the enderpearls to jump from island to island to gain resources, Survivors can only break Grass, sand and Mycelium, where-as Hunters can break Logs, Cacti and Cobweb! There is a couple secrets inside the Islands, otherwise the map is fairly balanced as the Hunters get quite a bit of decent items, due to the fact that Survivors will camp an island and that would add unfairness.

I would like these blocks to be un-breakable:
#18 (All tree-type of leaves)
#44 (All types of slab)
#10 + #11 (Both lava types)

Download: The map is on Buildbox, in my boxel!

Reactions: chris360kss

Guinessis

Reaction score
Very unique idea. Reminds me a bit of old-school Domination with the varying islands. Good idea to include enderpearls in the starting kits as well - that was my only concern.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Very unique idea. Reminds me a bit of old-school Domination with the varying islands. Good idea to include enderpearls in the starting kits as well - that was my only concern.
Not only do the Pearls help with jumping from Island to Island, you can get to the islands with 1 pearl, and with that 1 pearl you can live the whole round; that is if you find one of the 4 secrets in the islands that there is.

I've added some strategic game play, such as placing Torches to ---- the --- that leads to a secret, which has a hidden lever that you need to pull, to open an Iron door, the Pearls help you to travel ontop of the trees, which infact has 1 Hidden chest under a log which can be seen in 1 of the photos, but at that height of the trees the /loc shouldn't detect you that easily, thus making it harder to find.

You also have alot of running space on the map, be wary of the deep-forest as that is literally a tree every 3 blocks and can be kind of hard to navigate, though easy enough to escape a Hunter ;)

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
AngelWV If there are overpowered secrets, keep in mind that while it may be hard to find at first, after a week everyone will know its location.
Not way over-powered Iron/stone swords that kill people 2 hits, highest is a Gold sword with Knockback II, Gold doesn't last too long anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.