Rotten Flesh x6
Potion of Swiftness 8:00
Found:
Stone Sword
Potion of Healing I
Bread x2
Forsaken:
Leather Tunic
Stone Sword - Bane of Arthropods 1 (Doesn't effect humans)
Ghast Egg x1
Watcher:
Leather Cap
Arrows x 12
Bow
Bread x4
Unwanted:
Wooden Sword
Leather Tunic
Rotten Flesh x6
Nok:
Iron Sword - Smite III (Doesn't effect humans)
Leather Tunic
Leather Pants
Splash Potion of Healing 1 (x3)
Bread x 8
Hunters:
Leader:
Stone Sword
Leather Tunic
Rotten Flesh x32
Forsaker:
Golden Hoe - Bane of Arthropods 1(I've seen it on unenchantable items, why not a hoe?)
Zombie Egg x 2
Stalker:
Wooden Sword
Leather Tunic
Rotten Flesh x 8
Random or Choose Kits?: Random
Screenshots:
Notes: The round time is six minutes, the build time is 1:30. If the map seems to small, there are lots of hills and caves to hide in. All the cigarettes are accessible. You can get inside them. If you can make getting the Nok class very rare, it would be much appreciated. Rotten Flesh represents cigarettes, as I'm assuming you didn't know, because the name is rotten flesh. Anyway, Nicotine Hollows has three sections: the Hope, the Forest, and the City. the Hope is a place where you can see out of the Hollows (and travel into a bit of it, though that's not recommended.), but is dangerous. the Forest is a dead forest with a thick layer of mud and dirt on the bottom that City dwellers used to live in, though they are all dead now. the City was a town full of Nicotine addicts, but was destroyed by a mysterious female invader. She only left the Town Hall standing.
Download Link: Nicotine Hollows.zip

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Theres holes in the floor of the map and then the map boundary looks like it isnt big enough for the map. And if im not mistaken, but kits cant have enchanted items in them.

Vleetonk

Reaction score
Theres holes in the floor of the map and then the map boundary looks like it isnt big enough for the map. And if im not mistaken, but kits cant have enchanted items in them.
I'm pretty sure the boundary is right, but I should probably double-check :p. So, I should remove the holes in the floor? Bane of Arthropods has no effect on humans, it's just for show. Should I get of rid of both or just Bane of Arthropods?

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the boundary is right, but I should probably double-check :p. So, I should remove the holes in the floor? Bane of Arthropods has no effect on humans, it's just for show. Should I get of rid of both or just Bane of Arthropods?
Yes a map boundary of 60 should work now. For the enchanted items in the kits, you can not put enchanted items in the kits. So all the enchantments you have on the kits wont be added onto the items it will just be a simple sword ect. Im not sure if you ment to keep the holes in the floor there or not? Im sure we will have players running down there and it looks to me that you didnt plan on letting them go down there.

Vleetonk

Reaction score
Yes a map boundary of 60 should work now. For the enchanted items in the kits, you can not put enchanted items in the kits. So all the enchantments you have on the kits wont be added onto the items it will just be a simple sword ect. Im not sure if you ment to keep the holes in the floor there or not? Im sure we will have players running down there and it looks to me that you didnt plan on letting them go down there.
Well, the holes are supposed to be there, if you're talking about the openings in the hills with hollow places inside them. Also, the holes where you drop to your doom are supposed to be there too, to add a bit of challenge :bounce:. I guess I don't need to remove the enchantments in the OP if they wont be added anyways. But, did you like the overall concept of the map, like the design and stuff? I need to know opinions on the aesthetics, too.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Finally had chance to look round the map and, as with the other, the promise is there. However, to me, the map still seems very rough and rushed, with world edit being splashed about withour further detailing, shown particularly in the plain soulsand mountains occupying a large slice of the map. As well as this simplicity, the soulsand is most likely deter people from venturing into that section of the map, due to the pure rage-worthy qualities it possesses. In general, the map, in it's current state, in my view, is likely to provide pretty much 1-Dimensional gameplay, with few places to duck, dive or weave other than between a few small, broken houses or bumps in the terrain. I find that, maps with many layers or floors, such as 'Academy', provide the most varied gameplay, and remain a favourite map for many, over extended periods of time. As for the enchantments in kits, although they won't work, I wouldn't worry too much about altering the kits, simply remove the enchantments as they don't majorly affect the individual kit strength. On another note however, I'd like to note how original and inventive this map is, I certainly haven't seen anything like it!

Vleetonk

Reaction score
Finally had chance to look round the map and, as with the other, the promise is there. However, to me, the map still seems very rough and rushed, with world edit being splashed about withour further detailing, shown particularly in the plain soulsand mountains occupying a large slice of the map. As well as this simplicity, the soulsand is most likely deter people from venturing into that section of the map, due to the pure rage-worthy qualities it possesses. In general, the map, in it's current state, in my view, is likely to provide pretty much 1-Dimensional gameplay, with few places to duck, dive or weave other than between a few small, broken houses or bumps in the terrain. I find that, maps with many layers or floors, such as 'Academy', provide the most varied gameplay, and remain a favourite map for many, over extended periods of time. As for the enchantments in kits, although they won't work, I wouldn't worry too much about altering the kits, simply remove the enchantments as they don't majorly affect the individual kit strength. On another note however, I'd like to note how original and inventive this map is, I certainly haven't seen anything like it!
The soulsand area off the edge of the map is inaccessible. It's just for looks, instead of grass. And, I did make lots of places to hide, but even I don't know how to get to them(I forgot). So, you're saying I should add like an underbelly? A cave system beneath it? Also, I'm a noob to worldedit, so the uglyness didn't surprise, but I don't really know how to fix it! XD Should I carve some stuff into the rocks with TNT my hand?

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Ahhh, sorry, I didn't realise that the map border cut that off, my apologies. I'm not necessarily suggesting an underbelly or more floors etc, but rather more places to go and hide. In what is a relatively small map, there are not a great deal of structures or different routes, so perhaps a few more complex buildings could be added. Also, you mentioned that the areas that one drops to their doom are meant to be there, but one can actually survive the fall, granting them access to roam freely outside of the map. Further heightening the likelihood of this occurring, you don't seem to have specified which blocks can be broken. Can they all be? If so, people would soon to be clambering all over the roof, making a significantly harder job for the hunters. As for the world edit, well, thats not really a major issue, all I meant was maybe fill in some of the holes seen in the roof etc to give a more professional finish. If you did want to further your skills in use of the tool, I'm sure that there are many tutorials on the web, ideal for helping you perfect your skills.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Well, the holes are supposed to be there, if you're talking about the openings in the hills with hollow places inside them. Also, the holes where you drop to your doom are supposed to be there too, to add a bit of challenge :bounce:. I guess I don't need to remove the enchantments in the OP if they wont be added anyways. But, did you like the overall concept of the map, like the design and stuff? I need to know opinions on the aesthetics, too.
Sorry for the late reply but anyways. Im not to sure about the map it seems rather small to me. The chests look allright and the class look allright but the nok kit is kinda over powered, I know you want it to have a less chance of it being picked but if you get that class you could easily take on the hunter leader and kill him. I would say either nerf the Nok class or alter the hunter classes a bit stronger. But other then that im not to sure about the map im going to have to go with a 0 for now.

Vleetonk

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply but anyways. Im not to sure about the map it seems rather small to me. The chests look allright and the class look allright but the nok kit is kinda over powered, I know you want it to have a less chance of it being picked but if you get that class you could easily take on the hunter leader and kill him. I would say either nerf the Nok class or alter the hunter classes a bit stronger. But other then that im not to sure about the map im going to have to go with a 0 for now.
I thought the map was a bit small... I'm thinking about branching off one side of the forest and making another area. I also want to expand the City. The Nok class is supposed to be almost as strong as the Hunters, because she is the savior of Amoor(The realm this is in). It's supposed to give the Survivors a chance. But if you think I should weaken it a bit, I will. You think I should make the city and the forest bigger? Maybe add the underbelly I was talking about, too?

Vleetonk

Reaction score
Ahhh, sorry, I didn't realise that the map border cut that off, my apologies. I'm not necessarily suggesting an underbelly or more floors etc, but rather more places to go and hide. In what is a relatively small map, there are not a great deal of structures or different routes, so perhaps a few more complex buildings could be added. Also, you mentioned that the areas that one drops to their doom are meant to be there, but one can actually survive the fall, granting them access to roam freely outside of the map. Further heightening the likelihood of this occurring, you don't seem to have specified which blocks can be broken. Can they all be? If so, people would soon to be clambering all over the roof, making a significantly harder job for the hunters. As for the world edit, well, thats not really a major issue, all I meant was maybe fill in some of the holes seen in the roof etc to give a more professional finish. If you did want to further your skills in use of the tool, I'm sure that there are many tutorials on the web, ideal for helping you perfect your skills.
Acctually, I left holes on purpose (kind of like how Simon made holes in the lava caves on YogVentures). There are no breakable blocks on this map for hunters and survivors. So, you do want me to expand the City? Add on to the buildings? And I'll just fill the doom holes with lava :bounce:.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
I see what the holes were there for, but being able to get under the map onto flatland can just seem unintentional to many, and to some unprofessional in aesthetics. Lava in these holes in my view would fix this problem, good idea. I would say yes, expand the city, as, in its current state, I simply can't see this being a particularly diverse map in terms of gameplay and survivor routes/options. Do whatever you see fit to add this space, after all, it is your map, but I would suggest the addition of a a few large building with multiple rooms, entrances and exits, rather than the small huts currently within.

Vleetonk

Reaction score
I like the map although i can see were changes would be nice like i dont see many places to hide honestly but besides that Good job!;)
Thanks :D Also, I am working on more places to hide. Definitely going to be working on the City ALOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.