AoD - Give it life!

graser10mc

Reaction score
Website
namemc.com
When I log on to ER/BT I almost always see AoD dead as in no one on. If someone does come on it isn't that fun. I miss the old Aod when there would always be 5+ people on. We need an update to bring AoD back to former glory.
~Ideas~
-Naming your sword is always fun maybe a command like /name that would name the item in your hand for some brains (the aod currency i cant remember what they are called anymore) with a rule to keep the name semi-appropriate or a punishment
-Rewards for playong for x amount of time. If I played for 30 mins I would get a x amount of something (currency or something else idk) (add an afk kick to avoid farming example: kick after 30 mins afk to avoid reward farmers).
-Reworked kits - add elytra and the new 1.9 items to the older maps that were around back on Blocktopia AoD and bring those maps back.
-Custom Tags - This is just my opinion I like custom tags. It would have to be semi-appropriate or a punishment because nobody wants to see a tag called black weenies (that is nasty, racist, toxic and just strait up messed up).
-OG Maps- Bring back the older maps from Blocktopia AoD I liked some of the older maps. It would be nostalgic for everyone.
-AoD Texture Pack? - ONLY AN IDEA I would be willing to help with this, maybe some redone texture to make AoD-ish (dowload would be on the ER website) I would need a little bit of help but I think amazing textures could come out of the work and effort put in.
- Any ideas I couldn't think of that you think are LOGICAL. Please say them below. Thanks- graser10mc.

3nd3rslayer

Reaction score
I personally agree with aod being quite empty nowadays but what I think what we really need is the following:
-events, things to be hyped about. We really need a few dedicated players to always hype aod and to play in few people if necessary. This I think is one of the most important things considering that when in 3-4+ aod is considered one or the funnest game mode.

-New maps and kits that are adapted to 1.9 mechanism. This may help considering that 1.9 added a lot of things to the pvp section of MC.

-unless you're idea of earning orbs with onetime in aod is released we need to try and get some players who are usually half afk to be half afk in aod. This I think might be useful considering that with one person in aod people like me tend to join and then with 2 guys other people will join until a large group can be formed.

This is all of the things I can think of right now if I manage to come up with anything of new I'll let you guys know and please post some ideas to those who have them.

-3nd

• Agree
Reactions: Iggish

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
-Rewards for playong for x amount of time. If I played for 30 mins I would get a x amount of something (currency or something else idk) (add an afk kick to avoid farming example: kick after 30 mins afk to avoid reward farmers).
It would be nice to see some others ways than killing and survivung to get orbs, and this would also make it funnier for less good pvpers. Also I am pretty sure the afk-kick time now is around 1o minutes, so that wont be a problem.

-Reworked kits - add elytra and the new 1.9 items to the older maps that were around back on Blocktopia AoD and bring those maps back.

-OG Maps- Bring back the older maps from Blocktopia AoD I liked some of the older maps. It would be nostalgic for everyone.
As far as I know both of these points are being worked on

-AoD Texture Pack? - ONLY AN IDEA I would be willing to help with this, maybe some redone texture to make AoD-ish (dowload would be on the ER website) I would need a little bit of help but I think amazing textures could come out of the work and effort put in.

I think what idea Computerguy_ had in mind was that each map could have(if the mapmaker wanted) a texture pack, but only comp and tnms map has used this ability. Global AoD texture pack could work, but if the textures change too much many of the maps might look odd.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
As far as I know both of these points are being worked on
Oh they are being worked on ;) but sooooon^TM
I think what idea Computerguy_ had in mind was that each map could have(if the mapmaker wanted) a texture pack, but only comp and tnms map has used this ability. Global AoD texture pack could work, but if the textures change too much many of the maps might look odd.
That would be so cool, go ahead, we appreciate innitiatives like this!