Agrarian Skies Rant/Discussion

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
some people play the title modpack
it's a skyblock with a map played using the ftb launcher [downloaded here]
found in third party modpacks, and don't forget to install the map. hitting "new world" = void deaths

this is the default map

note the lack of dirt- that's all stained clay except for the one block
you begin in that house with some bonemeal, a quest book, and a few saplings
do quests, get rewards, rebuild the world, and enjoy the hunger mechanics

helpful tips:
  • break the dirt. trust me, 'k?
  • stand in the water and shoot STRAIGHT UP to fish in the pool thing
  • when sifting dirt for stones, use the ex nihilo sieve, not the mariculture sifter.
  • when there's a choice, choose carrots. juice them for one shank per drink
  • save at least 7 bonemeal. you'll need it for the crucible.

Reactions: Enderfive and Naoh

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
If you're going to automate smelteries, make sure to cover them up with something. My FPS tanked after building two automated ones >.<

I can post a short tutorial of automating a smeltery/sifter should anyone want help with that too. :D

Reactions: Hunter

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
does yours go from ore gravel to dust? I have an autosifter set up, but not connected to the smeltery. Converting the gravel to dust takes time and hasn't been automated yet. I should automate the bloodwood planting. Know how to set up a fertilizer?

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Here's the full ore processing setup I ended up with:

Right after sifting the gravel/sand/dust, I used vaccum hoppers to collect all the bits. Then they put them into chests that itemducts pull the ore bits out of and put them into two separate smelteries to avoid alloys. I forget which ores go where; you can see on the internet where they went.

After they are melted from the smelteries, fluiducts with filters craft them into blocks and bring them to a wall of JABBA barrels with void upgrades to avoid overflow. The other items that aren't ores end up here too.

I skipped crafting all the ores into dusts since if it's all automated, then either way my reserves are building up fast enough, even for emeralds and diamonds.

-
I did a little bit with MFR, I could make a tree farm, wheat field, and use OpenBlocks sprinklers to speed up crop growth.