Admin Update 16/10/2014

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It seems like Sponge is a good alternative after reading the FAQ. It seems like that you can use the existing Bukkit plugins with Sponge so updating the code will be easy and simple if we change to Sponge. I am supporting the change to Sponge!

http://i.imgur.com/TKmCm7q.png
http://i.imgur.com/YPepVn4.png

Last edited:

Sploorky

Reaction score
I have a question.

Tying into the topic of apathy, I am wondering: What, if any future plans do you have for weekly meetings? Speaking bluntly, I feel meetings nowadays lack the enthusiasm they once did. I fully understand why, I remember when I used to host meetings, there were a lot of weeks where I just didn't have it in me to pretend to have enthusiasm. However, at a glance it appears that less people tend to come to meetings than they did even a few months ago.

I would just like to know if you already had this set in mind, and if you have any plans regarding this for the future, excluding the attempt to host more Friday meetings, something that would raise the people attending the meeting, but not necessarily the quality of the meeting itself.

PS: Considering we do not have as much weekly news as we did two years ago, perhaps consider the idea of moving the meeting to become bi-weekly? It wouldn't intrude on the social lives of the admins as much, it would give more time to plan events/weekend servers, and more of a show could be made of the meeting. Another idea is to redefine meetings entirely to become more of a planned blocktopia teamspeak gathering with some loose plans tied into it, but I'm getting ahead of myself. Hopefully these ideas are good enough that they will be considered.

• Agree
Reactions: Friendy and Jivvi

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Tying into the topic of apathy, I am wondering: What, if any future plans do you have for weekly meetings? Speaking bluntly, I feel meetings nowadays lack the enthusiasm they once did. I fully understand why, I remember when I used to host meetings, there were a lot of weeks where I just didn't have it in me to pretend to have enthusiasm. However, at a glance it appears that less people tend to come to meetings than they did even a few months ago.
I've stopped attending meetings because it's marching band season again, and so I'm busy with that during the time the meetings take place. In a few more weeks, I'll be able to attend meetings once again. I'm not sure how many other people are in this same situation, but I don't think I'm the only one.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I've stopped attending meetings because it's marching band season again, and so I'm busy with that during the time the meetings take place. In a few more weeks, I'll be able to attend meetings once again. I'm not sure how many other people are in this same situation, but I don't think I'm the only one.
Meetings are 2 hours too late for me. If they were 8 - 10 pm for me, well then I could attend on them, if I used TS at all >.>.