Suggestion [Added] Make new players more aware of the community + map shuffle

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just a couple of suggestions

First idea: Make new players more aware of the community

Usually on the server, whilst we do get new players joining, most of them don't stick around and those that do never venture anywhere other than TTT - only three of them have joined the forums so far and most seem unaware that we offer more servers than just TTT. So I thought, in order to persuade more players to sign up here and to join the community rather than just the TTT server and then eventually move on, perhaps we should try to make it more obvious that we are a community and offer more servers. Maybe add the other servers which we offer onto the !motd?

Another idea I had is taken from another server I've played on - they have a twitter feed on their !motd where players of the community can tweet at the community with pictures or comments which overall makes it feel more like a community and not just one server - would it be possible to do something like that? Maybe even have the forum status feed on the !motd (although I have no idea if that's possible or not). I just think we should make it more apparent that we are a community - I know not everyone is looking for one who joins the server but I think if we make it more obvious we are and give it more of a community feel, whether that be through adding the other servers on the !motd (this also allows TTT to be used to attract players to the other servers too) or making the fact that we have a forum more obvious through it, we can attract more players to stick around.

Just an idea! Obviously if we were to add things to the !motd we'd have to make room, possibly by replacing the image on the left?

EDIT: We could even have announcements advertising the forums every 10 minutes or so?

Second idea: Map shuffle

I also thought it might be cool to have a map shuffle? Just to freshen things up a bit we could change the maps for a while (and we could keep the most popular ones etc)? After asking around this seems like a popular idea! I could ask around for suggestions or we could make a thread for suggestions?

Anyway, just a couple of ideas I have.

Thanks! :)

Ronaldo

Last edited: