Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score

Name of the map: Up
Intended Gamemode: Classic
Creator(s): rawrmynameisrex
Size: 64x64x134 (lxwxh)
Biome: Plains? I just want the void to be seen under the map.
Screenshots, including timer areas (Use default texture pack!) :

If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): None
Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?: I would like Fire-Spread to be turned off.
Any extra information about your map?: I wanted to create a 64x64x128 sized map and I figured that hot air balloons would be a good theme for a map of this size. I stuck with wool blocks, some wood, and glass. Just get ready for pillars if this map gets accepted. Also, please don't get mad because it's a simple looking map!
Buildbox Warp: It's in /mvtp advplots and at /warp rawr -- It'll be at middle left side of that plot.
Schematic Download: It's in the Schematic folder named rawr_up

This is a submission for the RoF Map Comp.

Edit:
Updated Timers to 7.
One new screenshot.
Changed spawn area to Red/Gray balloon at the top.

Last edited:

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
please don't get mad because it's a simple looking map!
This map is the type of "simple" that we've been looking for. We don't get upset over the fact a map looks "simple" it's the fact that some maps are simple with no creativity. This is creative - It's not a map that even I could have done in 5 minutes like some of the others. It looks fun to play on. Plenty of room to build and a theme to build on. I could see people building connected shelters from the balloons.

There are quite a few timers, which means the lower timers will have to activate quickly. I imagine people will pillar to the higher balloons and build up there more often then anything. Not a big issue, but the number of timers could be reduced if the server can handle the slightly larger waves. That's not my call, though.

+1 from me. Good luck.

(Just a note, these +1s means nothing to the competition, it's just showing my support for it being added.)

• Thank You
Reactions: Psycho

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
It's like every map Rex makes is amazing. I just want to go frolicking through the sky in this map, man.

Edit: Was just frolicking around in your clouds. I want this map in RoF. Like.. soon. But fourteen timers seems excessive, to me. I'd also actually recommend spawn be the red/black balloon, but where spawn currently is located still suffices.

Last edited:
  • Thank You

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
First off, I would like to say I really like the creativity and simplicity in blocks you used in this map. It's what I was really hoping to see when this competition started and I was not disappointed with this map as I was in the previous map submissions by others.

Now moving onto the map itself. As I said at the beginning, I really like what you did to make this map and how it looks/feels but my only concerns with it are the over-abundance of timers as Deadface said, but also with the lack of flatland in the map. I feel like maybe in the bottom you could add some more flat-like land so as to allow players to have a nice flat area to build in? Of course it's classic so it's not as necessary as it would be in a premium round but I think it'd be something nice to add. Besides those things though, I feel like the map, even with it's few things I'd like to see changed, would be ready to be implemented into RoF's rotation.

A big +1 for this map.

Last edited:
  • Thank You

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I realized that I went overboard with the timers so I took every other timer out and now there's 7. If that's still too much then feel free to say so.
I also switched the spawn from the Orange balloon to the Red/Gray ballon.
And I considered the flatgrass bit at the bottom of the map, but I want the illusion that the players are way up in the sky so I'd rather the map just have the void underneath.
I only added one new screenshot at the end of the album which shows the 7 timers.
And I created a schematic and called it 'rawr_up'.

Status
Not open for further replies.