Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
  • Name of the map: Badlands
  • Creator(s): WiiGoGetter, JappaApple
  • Size: 100 x 68 x 100
  • Biome: Plains
  • Screenshots, including timer areas (Do not use shaders or a custom resource pack!) : Over view http://imgur.com/a/qLbtt http://imgur.com/a/7iP0p
  • If you included chests, then list the items that are contained in each of them (Optional): Chest one: 1 carrot, 2 raw fish, 2 raw pork, 1 raw beef, 1 apple, 2 packed ice Chest two: 5 books, 2 coal, 1 saddle. Chest three: 1 fishing rod, 2 wooden axes, 1 shovel. Chest Four: 2 raw pork, 2 apple 1 raw beef, 1 potato, 1 bed, 2 packed ice. Chest 5: 1 jack o'lantern, 1 poppy, 2 coal, 3 cookies, 1 bread
  • Any block that you prefer to be no-break or no-drop?:
  • Any extra information about your map?:
  • Download link (optional): You get to it by typing /warp badlands in the plot world on BB

D

DarkHender

I dunno, for some reason this reminds me of the other map you have on the server- I've forgotten its name though. I dunno this map feels a little small- I'm not sure if I like it. I'd be willing enough to see how it works out on RoF though.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
I like the overall look of the map. Me personally, I would prefer if the floors of the buildings would be different than the walls. Maybe make it wood planks. Also maybe add some more color to the hills to make it fit the colorful part of the map. Currently the hills look a little bit bland. (Again these are my personal opinions.) Other than that, I think the map looks good and I would like to see it on the server.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
This map is fully functional and aesthetically pleasing in an odd way. It's monochromatic, yes, but I believe there's beauty in this more somber theme. It reminds me of Katuhiro Otomo's Steamboy or even the sepia tones of Breaking Bad. Color is very important, as it directly affects emotion and response. This gray-and-purple theme suggests a sense of desolation and distance from nature, which would make sense for a map called Badlands. This is the second time the map's been up for a vote; it was denied last time for a lack of terraforming and variation. This new version has fixed this problem, and it's also diversified the color while keeping within the boundaries of the theme.

It's a lovely map, and it brings an unusual atmosphere to RoF. I'd love to see it in rotation!

Status
Not open for further replies.