[Accepted] Tamzies Operator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamzies

Reaction score
Hello Staff from Rof or Players that are reading, I wish you guys good luck with reading this app. (If it contains mistakes, I am not a full English native speaker so bare with me (I tried my best).

For all other Applicants, Good luck! :)

x' Tamara

In-game username: Tamzies

Time-zone: GMT +1 - The Netherlands

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
Since I am an operator on Buildbox. I would divide my time between both the servers. This should not be hard because I have enough time to play both servers actively. Some days it will be more and on others it can be only an hour. Due to my age, I can stay online longer and I will effectively divide my time between servers.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server
Most people think staffing on RoF is only helping with grief, but I think it starts with the welcoming of new players. Help the new players with the rules, the tutorial and with their first round on RoF. The first round gives those players a base on how they need to behave and act on this server and when they do grief. You have already established a bond and they are more likely to listen to you when you talk to them about their actions. I think preventing is better than just punishing. As an Operator, you should be someone that people can easily talk to, respect and accept others and most important, a person that people can relate to. You are an Operator to help the server and to contribute in a team, not just so that you can do more and fix griefs.

What sets you apart from other applicants
I know the tips and tricks and commands that require being an Operator due to the fact that I already staff at Buildbox. I am friendly and mature and handle others with the same respect as I like to receive back.
It is in my nature to help people and to make them feel welcome on a server, although I try to help wherever I can. I do not want people to think that I am trying to backseat operate. I know how annoying it can be when people do this and I am sure that the Operators can handle it just fine.
Due to the fact that I am an Buildbox Operator, I know I can be trusted with the commands and I think that I am very friendly towards new people.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?

My greatest weakness is that English is not my native language. I make mistakes that should not be made if I was a native speaker of the language. I feel that causes a hindrance when I'm trying to help/correct someone and I can't type the word correctly that I'm trying to use.

I did have to ask around, but I think my second weakness is that I need to put myself out in the chat more. I try to be really chatty, but sometimes I do not have the energy nor the idea what to talk about. As an Operator I really should be more vocal and talk and bond with the player base. I am working on this and this is not going to be a problem, I have a really chatty and social personality and on BB I always talk a bit too much.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
I always try to fix it myself first. If the problem is urgent and requires immediate help, I will ask guidance and advice from another staff member. This can be through IRC, Skype, or minecraft. If there is no staff on those services and the problem is still not fixed. I will try to message people on forums that can help me and if that doesn't work out. I will write down the name and monitor the problem so when another staff member is available, I can ask them.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
Buildbox Operator (Current)

References:
FrenchSanta12
WiiGoGetter

IQDestructor

Thank you, for considering my application,

Tamzies

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Due to absolutely horrid timezones, I don't see your often enough. You do, though, seem like a friendly and approachable person that players could ask for help from. 0.

Good luck with the rest of your application!

• Thank You
Reactions: Tamzies

Kevin_28

Reaction score
Hi there Tamzies,

Though English is not your first language, you are certainly proficient enough to handle the demands associated with staffing. You answered the application prompts well and coherently. I certainly agree with you that the best way is to focus on preventing the grief rather than focus mainly on punishing. You certainly know the rules of this server and you have had plenty of experience with moderating the buildbox server. One thing that I think is underrated, in terms of qualities found in staff members, is the ability to actually be a part of the gameplay and interact with the playerbase outside of just welcoming or rule enforcing, to actively participate in the game itself and be a major part of the player experience. A good staff member would be focused on making sure the server is fun for everyone. ROF is a community based game, and we need to encourage that aspect of the game whenever possible. This separates a typical staff member from an exemplary one. I'd like to see more of that from you. That being said, I still believe that you are would do well as a staff member. Again, you know the rules and I know you would be able to enforce them well. You do interact with the playerbase and you are a pleasure to be around. +1

Sincerely,
Kevin_28 (The Rocketeer)

• Thank You

FrenchSanta12

Voldemort
Reaction score
Tamzies, first and for all, happy to see that you're giving this a shot and want to actually give to the server. You are very active on the server since a long time ago, this shows that you can actually divide your time between the two servers- BB where you staff currently, and RoF where you play, and I'm sure you could easily split your time to staff between the two servers. Time division is not a problem! I understand your concern with your English, but you have a good base form in the language, and that is enough to later on proceed on learning the commands and notices. Language isn't a problem either!

RoF players feel that you are friendly, you let them in your house and you assist them with commands, rounds and items, and not just direct them. I must also point out that Grandmaster has been your rank for a long time, so game experience- you have enough and even more. This application was written with a lot of diligence and thought, and you even asked me to check if it was presentable- it sure is! A big plus is also your time zone, RoF lacks staff in your time zone and this will allow RoF players to get help more often, faster, and feel safer in our server. I referenced you, and your attitude towards the staff position impresses me. +1

Best regards,
FrenchSanta12.

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
I see you almost each day I play, though I wouldn't have believed you don't speak English as your first language if you didn't tell us. You're incredibly helpful when on, and quite nice. The time-zone you're in actually would be quite beneficial for the server, considering most of the RoF staff live in the USA, so we're not always able to be on at all hours of the day. You seem to be a fun person to be around while in the server. Though I can't talk from a new players perspective, I do see you letting others join you in the rounds. Although I won't be voting, I do believe you should be given a shot at Operator. I believe you'd be a spectacular addition to the RoF staff, especially with helping moderate the hours the US is still asleep~

• Thank You

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
From the times I've seen you, you're friendly and helpful but I don't manage to see you much, most likely in the consideration of timezones so I'm going to be staying with a 0 for now, but good luck on the rest of your application!

• Thank You

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
I feel that you would be a great fit for the staff team. You are extremely friendly and nice to be around . Honestly I find your English to be just fine. I find you to be great at staffing BB. With that said I'm happy to give you an +1

• Thank You

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Considering you're already staffing on BB, your staffing should be perfectly up-to-date with what's expected on RoF. Not sure about the hours, but I see you on enough to take your word for it. Glad to see you understand the underlying complexity of an operator's role on RoF and how to go about it, since on here, it's not too dissimilar from BB on a certain level. Pretty confident that I'd be able to trust you with staffing on here.

+1

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

After considering the points of the staff and discussing it among ourselves, we've decided to accept your application on a trial. Please keep in mind that trials now last as long as they need to, and could be accepted or denied at any time. I would like to also, as a side note, mention I enjoyed you listing a character flaw as your weakness, rather than a technical one, such as English being a second language. Please ask questions and feel free to come to myself, Dessern, or Ronaldo if you need further guidance!

Reactions: Notme
Status
Not open for further replies.