[Accepted] Map Submission: Skylands

VeryHighUp

Reaction score
Hello there! This is my level called "Skylands". It is based in the sky with two castles, one belonging to red and one belonging to blue. So without further ado, here is the .dat file link and screenshots!

.Dat file can be downloaded here

Overview
Spawns
First Floor (first and second floors are identical in both red and blue castles.)
Second Floor

Reactions: Notme

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't think this would work as a map, how it is. Although it is a good idea to some extent, It's not aesthetically up to Standard. I don't like the ugly adminium, and it seems a bit plane. However this may work with some editing. Not too sure.

Reaction score
Honestly, it seems Alright and would be fun to play. But what smoking said
I don't like the ugly adminium, and it seems a bit plane. However this may work with some editing. Not too sure.
Yes he is right, i don't like alot of adminium either, but eitherway it still may work with some editing.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm interested in seeing a redesign. Although when I think of Skylands, it reminds me of SkyShips, as in quite high up with castles built on clouds. At the moment, it doesn't really look like clouds underneath the castles.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Aye, that'd work better Marn.

On another note, the whole map'll need shifting up about 30 blocks so that you can't see the solid box under the water. However this can be done in the server itself.

VeryHighUp

Reaction score
On another note, the whole map'll need shifting up about 30 blocks so that you can't see the solid box under the water. However this can be done in the server itself.
I don't think that would work considering the maps height from top to bottom is 32 blocks :/. However I could make an image of planet earth on the floor and you could use /gscmd kill $name gravity there!

EDIT: Almost done redesigning it! Here is the overview of it so far

I am planning to place stars (white wool blocks) onto the obsidian to symbolise space and add a few planets. I have redesigned the castles exterior and will be planning to replace the lava floor with an image of earth

Alkatraz

Reaction score
Sorry I've left this so long, it is in the server now and will add spawns and tweaks etc.

EDIT: Turns out it needs a bit more tweaking than I had time to do tonight, have a few ideas which'll make it even cooler, but it should be in rotation by 9th March at the latest.