[Accepted] Death runs and the WoM Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Death run is fun. It's one of the best things that happened to the lava server recently. But there's this issue with the WoM client.

We all know that, if you don't use /client hacks off and just uncheck the box on the top of the WoM client, your movement gets messed up. You can go up watervators faster, you fall faster, you can't make some basic jumps... anyways, this thread is going to focus on the faster swimming. So there I was on dr_summit, running and looking back to make sure I was first. And there's the watervator. I start to go up, then someone goes a few seconds later and manages to climb it all way faster than me

My suggestion is to add an structure in the spawns to block those who don't properly turn off hacks. The same structure we have on zombie server (Or had. Not sure how things are there...). I know, it seems like too much work for a game mode that happens once in a while, and for a single map (Don't know if there's other maps where players have to go through water), but it's something to consider when more maps that are based on those get added to the rotation.

lolboatz

Reaction score
IMO I'd really love this. I was on summit too, there were two people left, I was all the way to the watervator, he was like 30 blocks behind me.

10 seconds later, I'm halfway up and he's already there.

I don't see why people are allowed to play on WOM with client hacks on.. Even if they can't hack, they can speedjump with their enhanced-ass physics.

arxx

The drunk gentleman.
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this up. I was already thinking about adding WoM traps to each of the starting points. I'll get on that asap.
I hope those WoM traps really work! Sometimes, it appears as if a WoM user with just the "unchecked box" is speedhacking or noclipping.
Perhaps it would be best to have an announcement for everyone who logs in (from WoM, if possible) that would say something like : Type "/client hacks off" to avoid icky situations. Or something like that.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

lolboatz

Reaction score
Another thing for those use uncheck for the box above WoM. They can stay above water easily thus they are able to stay above water without dying.
You can do this on regular minecraft or with /client hacks off. I have before.

and Yes, the WOM traps are very good and almost always work unless the person is actually hacking, in which case they'd be banned. Their enhanced physics jump doesen't let them get into 2 block areas that they have to jump to get to.

Kevin_28

Reaction score
I guess I'm just going to have to keep reffing rounds because I don't want to put the effort in to disable my hacks and restart my client just for a death round only to have to restart to re-enable it

trngl3087

Reaction score
Unfortunately vetop+ will be stuck doing what they're supposed to be doing. =p

It's important that the game is fair. I can totally understand the frustration of losing first place in a DR round to a player that didn't bother turning his hacks off despite being on a server with -hax and where hacking is forbidden.

If there's any other way around the problem, then I'd love to hear it. WinX64 might have an idea?

lolboatz

Reaction score
Unfortunately vetop+ will be stuck doing what they're supposed to be doing. =p

It's important that the game is fair. I can totally understand the frustration of losing first place in a DR round to a player that didn't bother turning his hacks off despite being on a server with -hax and where hacking is forbidden.

If there's any other way around the problem, then I'd love to hear it. WinX64 might have an idea?

He means that people have the hacks unticked, but they use the enhanced superphysics to jump faster, fall faster, and swim MUCH faster than a regular client can. It isn't classified as hacking. This is why they have WOM traps on the Zombies server.
If you do /client hacks off while on WOM, and restart your client, your physics are now the same as minecraft.net's client.

• Agree
Reactions: DarthLego5679
Status
Not open for further replies.