[Accepted] [DAMS] Ffos

W

Wimali

Anything you want to share with us before submitting this map?:
Please note this is quite the experimental map. It just seemed like a lot of fun to me, but I'm not sure if it will actually be. It's mainly for dams, however, without dams, it can still be fun. I decided not to allow people to create one big dam however, no, instead of that, they'd have to create multiple small dams, much like classic. The map can be played without dams however.

What did you name this obvious Trench rip-off: Ffos, which is Welsh for "Trench".

Did you hire anyone or something to make this map for you: Nah, I'm the only creator.

Size: 128x128. This may seem very big, but it actually has less air space or trees than most maps (that will get flooded by lava, anyway). And if all five dams are built, pretty much nothing will get flooded or melt. Unless it's annoyed/angry. In which case everything goes to shit. People should still be able to build and destroy blocks on y90, but not be able to build or destroy blocks above that level. They should also not be able to even ACCESS anything on level 93 or higher, if that is possible.

Biome: Extreme Hills will do. (fun fact: Apparently "biome" is actually not a word. Both the chrome spellchecker and firefox spellchecker list it as not being a word, which has been noted out by around 15 other people on the internet- quite a few of them, surprisingly, on a minecraft-related website.)

Screenies:

An overview of the map. Don't worry about the top area with trees 'n all- If all goes right, people should not be able to access it. They won't get cookies on there anyway.

Random view of the map. You can see the third timer there.

Another view on the map, showing the last timer, which is higher than the other four timers.

Download link: (I got rid of the other three questions as the answer on both would be no.)
http://www.mediafire.com/?fx5n3hy9t0hf99d

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
Looks great Bram! I heart it so much.
One thing though: I'm a bit worried about the absence of trees on the player-accessible part of the map. A few of those trees might satisfy a group of 12 if they know how to share, but with a large crowd on this map players will have to rely on resources from the previous round to get along.
Other then that, the dam is still a unique aspect that hasn't really been prominent in the game. I'd like to see it happen.

c:

Reactions: 1 person
W

Wimali

Looks great Bram! I heart it so much.
One thing though: I'm a bit worried about the absence of trees on the player-accessible part of the map. A few of those trees might satisfy a group of 12 if they know how to share, but with a large crowd on this map players will have to rely on resources from the previous round to get along.
Other then that, the dam is still a unique aspect that hasn't really been prominent in the game. I'd like to see it happen.

c:
I was worried about that aswell, and had planned on making the map larger, 256x256, but thought it would be too big, although it'd most likely contain the same amount of air a normal map contains. I might re-make it in a few months do, we'll see I guess.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
W

Wimali

(fun fact: Apparently "biome" is actually not a word. Both the chrome spellchecker and firefox spellchecker list it as not being a word, which has been noted out by around 15 other people on the internet- quite a few of them, surprisingly, on a minecraft-related website.
*http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/biome?s=t
But then you have to wonder: Is the internet a reliable source? Sadly I don't have an actual English dictionary though, I kinda live in Belgium

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It is a word, I even saw a TV sciencey show refer to it. You know those big weird domes that they're testing to see if we can make habitats in space? That's one definition. It basically an environment or habitat.
:roflmao:

The map looks good too!

W

Wimali

Thats a LOAD of trees. You may want to hire some lumberjacks and reduce the amount of them. d:
Nah, people can't get to there (as the build limit is under there and I hope ogarci & dirtcake would be able to make it so people would get this "You are not permitted to enter this area"' message) and lava won't come there either, so it should be fine. It's just for decoration really :p

D

DarkHender

It reminds me of a classic zombie map.
I'm very interested to see this in-game.
:33

Reactions: 1 person