[Accepted] Clockwork's Operator Application

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
Ingame username: ClockworkMyr
Rank requested: Operator

Would anyone be willing to reference you (players or staff): Skittz, combo_express

In less than 140 Characters, tell us about yourself. I am quick-working, very devoted, and quite dependable in any circumstance.

What achievements are you most proud of? Construction of Vertigo for the AoD server, numerous large-scale build projects both within Blocktopia and outside of it (Most outside projects involving Technic mods however), short time served as Trusted on the first SMP map prior to the removal of the rank.

What do you think your position entails? Operators, in my eyes, have the task of ensuring the playerbase in the server is abiding by the rules as well as lending a hand to anybody in need of help. Additionally, operators are to be strict when necessary to maintain order, but stay level-headed and not figuratively explode at people should they become excessively uncooperative, nor should they abuse their powers to maliciously condescend upon others. In a nutshell, an operator's duty is to make sure everyone on the server's having fun and not having to put up with rulebreakers.

Given the likelihood that, there is 'other' candidates for this position - why should we pick you? I'm more than willing to devote whatever amount of time needed to the server. Given that I have no prior commitments, I'm readily available whenever needed. I'm able to get any and all tasks done very quickly as well as done right, no hedging or skipping steps. My main priorities is maintaining a friendly atmosphere as well as getting things done for the server thoroughly and efficiently. If faced with any new technicalities like a new plugin or something like that, I am able to analyze and memorize most, if not all aspects (Primarily commands) of them within a minute or two (Extremely fast learner).

You get given six months to live, list the things you'd like to do.
1. Get a vacation to where ever I want, somewhere with a considerable amount of photography opportunities.
2. Establish good rapport with as many people as possible who're relevant to my interests (graphic design, photography; basically digital arts).
3. Donate in some way to a charity or program that I think could make a difference in their intended field
4. Maintain a simple life alongside a full-time job, with enough novelties and time with others to balance out work for a living. No giant amounts of fame or anything because honestly, indirectly gaining an ego is not how I'd want to spend 6 months.

Finally - how much time do you think you spent on this application and, do you think it is appropriate?: I think I spent around 45 minutes to an hour on this application, and given the position I'm applying for, I believe that's sufficient in my book.

Note: I haven't been active the past week or two, but that's due to the final week of classes, which is now over, so I have all the time in the world right now. I hope that isn't detrimental to this application.

combo_express

Reaction score
I feel he is mature enough to do the job with intent but since there is no trusted rank, i feel that he will have some trouble at first getting used to all the commands and other things like, ban appeals. Because i don't think he has ever been operator before. There will be a learning curve.

Skittz

Reaction score
I feel he is mature enough to do the job with intent but since there is no trusted rank, i feel that he will have some trouble at first getting used to all the commands and other things like, ban appeals. Because i don't think he has ever been operator before. There will be a learning curve.
Exactly this.
I think he will be a great operator, he has the maturity and still has things to learn, but I'm sure he'll handle that fine

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Though I did not refer him, he'd probably have been one of my top Trusted choices had I gotten to choosing my Trusted. He's handled staff position before, and has shown me that he's fairly mature.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
I have no objections but also I don't really know him. I'll wait for other staff to post more about him and if any players feel that they should convince me, shoot me a PM and maybe I'll notice something I missed at the moment.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
From my experiences with Clock, he's shown to be a mature and great player, always involved in the community. I'd have no issue with him as an operator, but I do agree that there's learning to be done on his part, but since he's and "extremely fast learner," that should be no issue, now should it? :p

Wooffus

Reaction score
Well, I have no objections to this either, but I haven't seen Clockwork enough to even justify full confidence with seeing him as an operator. If people do indeed believe he should take that step in spite of inexperience, I would probably recommend a week's trial and see how he fares with it, if it's at all possible.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
I allways talk with clock on ts, hes a a cool guy to hang out with, friendly, mature and respectful. Im sure he can adapt well to the operator postion just fine. Definitely worth a trial.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Looking at this application makes me feeling comfortable with the applicant.
Clock is a mature and friendly member of this community.
His in-game behavoir is excellent, and pretty much a role model for most other guests on the server.
And seeing he "tasted" a bit of the SMP ranks as trusted, I am sure he will fit the team and (at some point) will be well-known with the staffing commands.
To make a long story short, Clock will be a great asset to the staff team.

Cheeseman21

Das CheesePuff
Reaction score
While you are smart and I have no doubt that you will have any trouble with the commands for the server, there is one trait that you have that I am worried about getting in the way, you get frustrated a little to easy. Besides that I have no problems with you becoming an operator, but I would like to see how you do during a week long trial before the final call is made.

Malcovent

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
User will be placed as a trial operator - however as i will be away for a week- i'm afraid you'll have to wait until i return to be promoted (please do remind me, because i will forget). apologies for any inconveniences