- POTION.8193|1
Runner:
- WOOD_SWORD
- BREAD|16
- POTION.8226|2
- ENDERPEARL|4
Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots:

Notes: You can find my map on Buildbox via /mvtp plots then /warp AbyssV2.

There is a diamond ore in the map, but the only way to mine it is by making an Iron pick and applying Fortune I to it. I made sure all of the ingredients to make the pickaxe were split up across the map, so the chances of getting everything without another user wanting to make an Iron sword etc are slim.

I've also added two command blocks to the map which need the commands entered in, one to heal players and another to rocket them out of an area.

Download Link: Map can be found in the schematics here under AbyssV2.

Input File:
Code:
MapName: Abandoned
Author: AngelWV
BuildTime: 120
GameTime: 450
WorldTime: 13000
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    ==: Vector
    x: 232.5
    y: 50.0
    z: 2060
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: false
  KitResetTime: 5
  BoxChance: 0
  MoveFirstHunter: false
  FallReduction: 1000
  CanDrown: true
Team1:
  SpawnType: 0
  SpawnLocation:
    x: 232.5
    y: 50.0
    z: 2060
  ChooseKit: false
  FallReduction: 1000
  CanDrown: true
Centre:
  x: 246.5
  y: 125
  z: 2037.5
WorldSize: 100
SkyLimit: 66
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: false
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: false
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: false
MysteryBoxChance: 20
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
- STONE
- GRASS
- DIRT
- WOOD:1
- 126:1
- SPRUCE_WOOD_STAIRS
- GLOWSTONE
- TRAPDOOR
- VINE
- LOG
- LOG:1
- PISTON
- CHEST
- LILYPAD
- FENCE
- COBBLESTONE
- MOSSY_COBBLESTONE
- MOB_SPAWNER
- SIGN
- COMMAND_BLOCK
- LAVA
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
- TORCH
- LONG_GRASS
HunterRestrictedPlace:
- BEDROCK
HunterRestrictedBreak:
- BEDROCK
- STONE
- GRASS
- WOOD:1
- 126:1
- VINE
- LOG
- LOG:1
- PISTON
- CHEST
- LILYPAD
- FENCE
- COBBLESTONE
- MOSSY_COBBLESTONE
- MOB_SPAWNER
- SIGN
- COMMAND_BLOCK
- LAVA
Kit:
  HunterFree:
    Minion:
    - LEATHER_LEGGINGS
    - LEATHER_BOOTS
    - BOW
    - ARROW|24
  Juggernaut:
    AbysmalKnight:
    - IRON_HELMET
    - IRON_CHESTPLATE
    - IRON_LEGGINGS
    - IRON_BOOTS
    - DIAMOND_SWORD
    - BOW
    - GRILLED_PORK|16
    - LAVA|8
    - POTION.8258|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.5|1
    - POTION.8257|1
    - ARROW|64
  HunterLeader:
    Demon:
    - CHAINMAIL_CHESTPLATE
    - LEATHER_LEGGINGS
    - LEATHER_BOOTS
    - STONE_SWORD
    - WEB|8
  HunterStart:
    Gremlin:
    - LEATHER_CHESTPLATE
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - ENDER_PEARL|1
    Skeleton:
    - CHAINMAIL_LEGGINGS
    - BOW
    - ARROW|32
    - ENDER_PEARL|1
  SurvivorStart:
    Paladin:
    - GOLD_CHESTPLATE
    - STONE_SWORD
    - BREAD|8
    - GOLDEN_APPLE
    Archer:
    - GOLD_BOOTS
    - BOW
    - ARROW|16
    - STEAK|4
    - POTION.8193|1
    Runner:
    - WOOD_SWORD
    - BREAD|16
    - POTION.8226|2
    - ENDERPEARL|4
Effects:
  Hunter:
    Starting:
  Survivor:
    Starting:
    OnAttack:
    OnDefend:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Looks nice!
I know Abyss is an epic title (I wanted it too), but something a bit more original and memorable would be cool.
:3
Also, is the Fortune I available in an enchanted book somewhere?
Otherwise most players will scrap the idea of diamond and make 'emselves a hefty iron sword, 'cause even an iron sword can deal some damage here. Also, poking a knockback enchantment here and there (on a kit's sword or in a book in a chest) could be fun

On a side note, I love the look of the glowstone when the trapdoors are of 5 sides. You can use the diamond pick to autodelete blocks to achieve this. ;3

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Looks nice!
I know Abyss is an epic title (I wanted it too), but something a bit more original and memorable would be cool.
Also, is the Fortune I available in an enchanted book somewhere?
Otherwise most players will scrap the idea of diamond and make 'emselves a hefty iron sword, 'cause even an iron sword can deal some damage here. Also, poking a knockback enchantment here and there (on a kit's sword or in a book in a chest) could be fun

On a side note, I love the look of the glowstone when the trapdoors are of 5 sides. You can use the diamond pick to autodelete blocks to achieve this. ;3

The fortune I is located in a chest, and must be applied to the Iron pickaxe via an anvil which users must also find. I have put a few Punch II and Punch I bows around the map, including a Knockback II hoe.

There is a mob-spawner room that has some fairly nice loot in, and also has an escape hole that'll rocket you onto the island above or back to spawn.

As for the Iron sword, if one was to make an iron sword, then there would be a total of two Iron swords in the map, but I made sure it would be fairly difficult to get one so I am sure it is balanced well.

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
I'll be the first to throw in a +1. Looks great, and I could see a lot of fun in this map. But, I agree with Jivvi, if you could come up with a different name, it would be great. ;)
Caverns? Darkness?

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'll be the first to throw in a +1. Looks great, and I could see a lot of fun in this map. But, I agree with Jivvi, if you could come up with a different name, it would be great. ;)
Caverns? Darkness?

Abandoned will do. But cheers!

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
The map is to small and the game play on the map wouldn't work that well. Sense the path's are so condensed in one area hunter's can easily ambush survivor's leading to a fairly fast round. I can't see the chest's right now so I'm not sure about them. Then for the kit's as long as the chest's balance out the survivor's with the hunter's should be fine. Overall going to have to go with a -1 do to the size of the map and how the gameplay will be on it.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The map is to small and the game play on the map wouldn't work that well. Sense the path's are so condensed in one area hunter's can easily ambush survivor's leading to a fairly fast round. I can't see the chest's right now so I'm not sure about them. Then for the kit's as long as the chest's balance out the survivor's with the hunter's should be fine. Overall going to have to go with a -1 do to the size of the map and how the gameplay will be on it.

There is plenty of maps that are quite small, yet have good game play, and plenty of maps that are quite big and have bad game play. Nobody knows how the game play will work until it is actually played on, at the moment it is just an opinion, there is effects for the survivors/hunters, many routes and a few secrets, there is camp-able spots to balance out certain areas of the map too. Chests are decent, one has a Knockback 2 hoe, two chests have a Punch II and Punch I bows and the rest are filled with items that are being used as a way to introduce new strategies.

I mean, would you -1 Guinessis' map Sumo for being too small? However, thank-you for your replying on it.

This map looks amazing. I can see all the effort you put on this map. So I'm going with a +1.

Cheers!

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
I like the theme and mood of the map, however I must agree that it is rather small. I would like to see a few more bridges/paths added as, although Abyss may be small, the visibility is significantly poorer, whereas I could clearly see a majority of this map easily. Please address this however you see fit, however as it stands the maps sits between being accepted for a solid design/good aesthetics, and declined due to its restricted size and relatively generic gameplay.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I like the theme and mood of the map, however I must agree that it is rather small. I would like to see a few more bridges/paths added as, although Abyss may be small, the visibility is significantly poorer, whereas I could clearly see a majority of this map easily. Please address this however you see fit, however as it stands the maps sits between being accepted for a solid design/good aesthetics, and declined due to its restricted size and relatively generic gameplay.

I will edit my map later within the next few days, adding in a few more paths and routes to take.

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I've edited the map, adding in more paths and widening the ability to run around, etc.

Reactions: Notme

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Declined! This map had potential but due to the small size of the outer walls and all the paths you have added it all seems cramped inside the map now. This wouldn't be enjoyed by the player base and we would most likely receive complaints about it as soon as it was enabled on AoD. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.