About WoM

Refrigerated_Elements

Dear Apparition
Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
To me with CTF being added. WoM is being abused to go faster. Lets say I'm guarding the flag then someone using WoM gets passed me and gets the flag. Then I try to chase after him/her. But he/she is jumping and running And then I try to catch up to him/her. But due to he/she using WoM I cant catch up. Then He/She captures the flag.

Theres /clinet hacks off and rejoining , Modifying spawns to have wom traps if they can and other things

• Disagree
Reactions: DarthLego5679

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
We've asked Sam about it. To paraphrase from what I remember, 'When we're willing to drastically lower the standards for Op so that we can have staff on 24/7 to watch for WoM, it's not happening.'

Besides, I've yet to see a WoMer outrun a laser on a map like CTF-Oriental, or one leap over a rocket on CTF-Waterfalls. In a game of shoot-the-other-person, the physics don't make that big of a difference that it needs banning.

On zombies, though, the physics give an unfair advantage for running away from browser users, since they don't have a laser that can reach out and plug you from afar.
I'll go dig up the logs of the conversation.
Stemmed from a comment about if it should be banned on CTF or not.
Feb 15 14:51:36 <TNTBot>#Marnixxie: Rule 16: WoM is banned on some maps, be awared of it
Feb 15 14:51:37 <TNTBot>#Marnixxie: ?
Feb 15 14:52:06 <DarthLego|AFK>#I think that KingSam said it really doesn't affect the game as badly as at zombie.
Feb 15 14:52:23 <KingSam>#If you guys want to scrimp on quality of Ops by recruiting 100 so we can staff 24/7 for WoM, I can ban it
Feb 15 14:52:45 <TNTBot>#Marnixxie: And as I said
Feb 15 14:52:48 <TNTBot>#Marnixxie: I prefer to be a referee
Feb 15 14:52:54 <TNTBot>#Marnixxie: Not a WoMcatcher

Razinao

:_;
Reaction score
CTF games are determined by someone winning at range. Aka, rockets and lasers.
CTF games encourage you to use higher-tech weapons in order to win, pistols don't patch enough punch.
CTF games are meant to have you useless unless you're knee-deep in the enemy base and their flagger comes by you.
WoM's airborne time is shorter than the Minecraft's airborne time, increasing susceptibility to all weapons on a flat level.
WoM's jump key cannot be held down.
WoM's jump distance is subpar to Minecraft's jump distance, and you may fall into a hole/trap because of it.
WoM is freely distributed.