[Abandoned] Jungle platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ficolas

Reaction score
Name of map: Jungle platforms
Author: ficolas
Size: -1994 403 to -2183 592 (95 blocks)
Map boundary: -2088 66.0 498
Kits:
Code:
HunterFree;
Scavenger:
- WOOD_SWORD
Juggernaut:
Titan:
- DIAMOND_HELMET
- DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
- DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
- DIAMOND_BOOTS
- DIAMOND_SWORD
- ENDER_PEARL|64
- ARROW|1
HunterLeader:
Leader:
- ARROW|1
- BOW
- ENDER_PEARL|4
HunterStart:
Warrior:
- ENDER_PEARL|2
Archer:
- ARROW|1
Scout:
- ENDER_PEARL|4
SurvivorStart:
Knight:
- ENDER_PEARL|2
Archer:
- ARROW|1
Random or choose kits?: Random
Screenshots:
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8892/jungleplatforms.png

Notes: I want to enable tnt block damage, but fire spread should be off.
Everybody gets a diamond armor, and a knockback sword, and the hunters need to push the survivors to the void.The diamond armors, the knockback swords and the bows, are at spawn, also, archers only get one arrow because the bows at spawn have infinity, and u need one arrow to shoot with inginity bows.
The juggernaut gets a stack of ender pearls so he can scape when hunters are near, but the hunters will be able to push him out, if he dont throw the enderpearl
Download Link: My plot in the build box (/warp jungleplatforms)
Input File: http://rapidshare.com/files/3456561181/Imput file (in yml and txt).rar
Or down here
|
|
|
V
Code:
MapName: Jungleplatforms
Author: ficolas
BuildTime: 180
GameTime: 600
WorldTime: 60000
SpawnProtectTime: 5000
WorldWeather: 0
Team0:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
==: Vector
x: -2088
y: 66.0
z: 498
ChooseKit: false
OneKitPerRound: false
KitResetTime: 120
BoxChance: 15
Team1:
SpawnType: 0
SpawnLocation:
ChooseKit: false
Centre:
WorldSize: 94
SkyLimit: 256
ResetInventory: true
CanUseLocate: true
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: true
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: true
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: true
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: true
MysteryBoxChance: 5
SurvivorRestrictedBreak:
SurvivorRestrictedPlace:
Kit:
HunterFree:
Scavenger:
- WOOD_SWORD
Juggernaut:
Titan:
- DIAMOND_HELMET
- DIAMOND_CHESTPLATE
- DIAMOND_LEGGINGS
- DIAMOND_BOOTS
- DIAMOND_SWORD
- ENDER_PEARL|64
- ARROW|1
HunterLeader:
Leader:
- ARROW|1
- BOW
- ENDER_PEARL|4
- BREAD|4
HunterStart:
Warrior:
- ENDER_PEARL|2
- BREAD|4
Archer:
- ARROW|1
- BREAD|4
Scout:
- ENDER_PEARL|4
- BREAD|4
SurvivorStart:
Knight:
- ENDER_PEARL|2
- BREAD|4
Archer:
- ARROW|1
- BREAD|4

IMPORTANT NOTE: The screenshoot is outdated

Reactions: Pikmon2

ealev

Leafy Op
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm truly allowed to vote, as I am on trial, but I can still give my opinion.
It's a good concept, but the map itself seems small and lacking. I would suggest adding more levels, maybe some waterfalls, jungle trees, etc.
In my opinion, the map seems unfinished. So, if I can vote, -1.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, I like the idea, but this map is way too small and basic. The round will be over very quickly. Also, enchanted weapons cannot be implemented into kits, sorry. The kits are also a bit messed up. According to your input file, each kit either gets 1 arrow or a few enderpearls. Sorry, but I don't think this is suitable for AoD. Make the map bigger, more interesting/decorated, and make the kits have some use - like food. Also, regarding the knock-back idea, I would advise putting knock-back swords in a chest at spawn or something. But it's a -1 from me, sorry. Thanks for trying, though! I hope you take my advice to improve it! ;)
EDIT: Ignore bit about kits (apart from they still need food).

Kuromono13

Reaction score
I would also debate on changing the jungle logs, as they give the map a coincidental look of Platforms
try:
ice and snow
netherrack and nether brick
grass and log
etc,
best of luck to you, and don't let anything discourage you. My first map wasn't accepted either.;)
If you want any help, I'd love to assist you in any way possible.

ficolas

Reaction score
Okay, I like the idea, but this map is way too small and basic. The round will be over very quickly. Also, enchanted weapons cannot be implemented into kits, sorry. The kits are also a bit messed up. According to your input file, each kit either gets 1 arrow or a few enderpearls. Sorry, but I don't think this is suitable for AoD. Make the map bigger, more interesting/decorated, and make the kits have some use - like food. Also, regarding the knock-back idea, I would advise putting knock-back swords in a chest at spawn or something. But it's a -1 from me sorry. Thanks for trying, though! I hope you take my advice to improve it! ;)
There are knockback swords at spawn, and diamond enchanted armor, so people can only be pushed, also the kits only get one arrow because there are infinity punch bows at spawn, and in smp u need one arrow to shoot with the infinity bow, thats the reason about why the single arrow.
And the enderpearls are because if u get knockbacked out u have like one second or so flying in the air, enought to throw an enderpearl and dont die.
Bigger? yeah I have think about it, but if I put serveral layers it would be much easyer to enderpearl and not die, I have tested it.
Not saying that im dissapointed with your dessition, since its my first map, but I suggest you warping to it with the warp (jungleplatforms).

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

ficolas

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm truly allowed to vote, as I am on trial, but I can still give my opinion.
It's a good concept, but the map itself seems small and lacking. I would suggest adding more levels, maybe some waterfalls, jungle trees, etc.
as I alredy replied to alien, I think that adding more layers make it too easy to enderpearl while you are falling.

• Agree
Reactions: Kuromono13

ficolas

Reaction score
I would also debate on changing the jungle logs, as they give the map a coincidental look of Platforms
try:
ice and snow
netherrack and nether brick
grass and log
etc,
best of luck to you, and don't let anything discourage you. My first map wasn't accepted either.;)
If you want any help, I'd love to assist you in any way possible.
I used the jungle logs and leaves because I love that theme, I didnt copy plataforms, one of the survival buildings I have made Ilike the more, was in a void (I was playing with mystcraft, a mod) with that theme, and since the jungle was added to minecraft, I love that theme, but I can try changing it.

Kuromono13

Reaction score
I used the jungle logs and leaves because I love that theme, I didnt copy plataforms, one of the survival buildings I have made Ilike the more, was in a void (I was playing with mystcraft, a mod) with that theme, and since the jungle was added to minecraft, I love that theme, but I can try changing it.
I can very easily use world edit to change the blocks around, and if you dislike it, I can easily fix it l.. So if you would like me to, just tell me when I'm on Build box

ficolas

Reaction score
maybe add small areas below map? like on arachnophobia, where there are mushroom lands.
Yeah that is a nice idea, I think ill move all the map some blocks up, so u cant see tha black void that dont fit with the theme, and add some platforms below
And I know I can use the replace command to change the theme easily.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Like the idea, but there are a few things I think needs changing. First off all the map needs to be bigger, maybe twice as large in each direction.

I also think that the build time should be cut down to maybe like 1 min.

And remember that survivors need a lot of food.

EDIT: I reaĺly like the design of the platforms, and I think you should keep it like that.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, sorry I didn't warp to it but seen as the map was so small I thought I could see it all in the picture (I couldn't see the chests). My bad. *Slaps himself. The kits are fine apart from they need food, the idea is fine, but I still think it should be bigger. If not make it have more layers, make it wider even? Just so the survivors have a bit more room? Again, sorry for not warping to it, I wasn't doing my job properly and I owe you. :S But good luck :D

TubaRiver

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Official Voting is for trusted+. We encourage trusteds to vote, but it's pretty much only mandatory for ops to vote.
Anywho....

I agree, adding layers to a map like this wouldn't feel right. However, i do believe it should be wider in size. I see in your plot you still have quite a bit of space before you even touch the edges of it. Expand it.

The idea is very nice, just a thought to make it a bit more difficult; speed boost + jump boost?
Just a suggestion.

As for the kits, you need to give them some food.

Guinessis

Reaction score
Quick notes on the config.

#1. It parses correctly from the looks of it. Excellent work!
#2. Enchanted items cannot be added to the kits at this point in time. Regular swords should be fine.
#3. I'd add the items to the actual kits. If the config file is used as is, the archer will spawn with one arrow and nothing else. I see that everyone should get diamond armor, but to be safe go ahead and modify the config to reflect this.

Other than that, the design looks interesting enough. At some point the server may be overloaded with "runner" maps, so in the future I'd add a bit more of a theme and scenery, but now is not that time.

ficolas

Reaction score
Like the idea, but there are a few things I think needs changing. First off all the map needs to be bigger, maybe twice as large in each direction.

I also think that the build time should be cut down to maybe like 1 min.

And remember that survivors need a lot of food.

EDIT: I reaĺly like the design of the platforms, and I think you should keep it like that.
I cant make it much larguer because is the build box plot, and it seems smaller in the screenshoot than when ur there, I needed to install optifine to change my render distance to see the whole map.

Also, im adding food to the kits

ficolas

Reaction score
Quick notes on the config.

#1. It parses correctly from the looks of it. Excellent work!
#2. Enchanted items cannot be added to the kits at this point in time. Regular swords should be fine.
#3. I'd add the items to the actual kits. If the config file is used as is, the archer will spawn with one arrow and nothing else. I see that everyone should get diamond armor, but to be safe go ahead and modify the config to reflect this.

Other than that, the design looks interesting enough. At some point the server may be overloaded with "runner" maps, so in the future I'd add a bit more of a theme and scenery, but now is not that time.
The archer, as I alredy said in a comment, gets only one arrow because there are chests at spawn with infinity punch bows, and u need at least an arrow to shoot infinite times, and about the diamond armors or the swords, there are chests with them at spawn, like in cubism, because I needed them to be enchanted

Guinessis

Reaction score
The archer, as I alredy said in a comment, gets only one arrow because there are chests at spawn with infinity punch bows, and u need at least an arrow to shoot infinite times, and about the diamond armors or the swords, there are chests with them at spawn, like in cubism, because I needed them to be enchanted
Excellent. Nice work, sorry that I missed that sentence.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
The layout of the map is nice and many thanks for completing the input file! However, due to the nature of humans, I fear all of the stuff in the spawn chests will be immediately hoarded.

Once you remedy this in one way or another, I will be happy to add this map to the server.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I am probably not supposed to be bluping in this thread, but a few maps with concepts similar to this (i.e. not a huge runawayandhide map like Avengard Keep, but rather like Cubism.) The only one I can remember off the top of my head is Pool Table, which has the pool cues (Knockback 7 hoes) in a chest with wool on top, which Survivors were not permitted to break, but rather forced out onto the table and the hunter, when respawned, were able to access the chests and smash the poor little 8-Balls into the holes.
You could possibly have a small, inaccessible island or something wth lots of Surviver gear, (too much to hoard it all) but also sealed chests with more gear, equal or better, just for the Hunters if the Survivors manage to nick all the stuff anyway. The chests can also contain the enchanted items you wanted.
I, for one, don't think it needs to be that much bigger, just with some kind of tweak, like a wall 2 blocks out from the platform or trees or something to give it more content.
(or you could give me some cake)

• Winner
Reactions: ealev

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
The new ability that allows enchanted items to be used in kits should make things much easier for you!

The list of available enchantments and proper names can be found here:

http://jd.bukkit.org/rb/apidocs/org/bukkit/enchantments/Enchantment.html

The formats to add enchanted items are as follows;

[Item].[Enchant]:[Level]
[Item].[Enchant]:[Level]|[Quantity]
[Item].[Enchant]:[Level]@[Enchant]:[Level]@[Enchant]:[Level]
[Item].[Enchant]:[Level]@[Enchant]:[Level]|[Quantity]

So, for instance,

WOOD_SWORD.FIRE_ASPECT:1@LOOT_BONUS_BLOCKS:3
or
BREAD.FIRE_ASPECT:1|8

Status